• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League thread 2013/14

that'll be so hard for Atletico to get around, I can see a "he's available for selection but not in the right frame of mind to play" scenario coming

Why would Atletico want to get around it?

Unless they fear the player would help Chelsea by making a mistake, they will want to play their strongest team. Chelsea might put pressure on the player and if he sees his future their he might be conflicted, but I would imagine he would want to play.

UEFA say Chelsea cannot exert any influence on him playing or not, Chelsea aren't trying to do that, they just want an appearance fee as per the terms of the loan contract both teams agreed to if he does play

I appreciate it's a mighty fine line, but it's a line none the less

UEFA say Chelsea cannot exert any influence on him playing or not, Chelsea aren't trying to do that, they just want an appearance fee as per the terms of the loan contract both teams agreed to if he does play

I appreciate it's a mighty fine line, but it's a line none the less

but by demanding the fee as per the contract, that is exerting an influence because Atletico have a decision to make.....yes, its a fine line but Uefa have made themselves very clear imo and Atletico are free to play Courtois without having to pay any fee

but by demanding the fee as per the contract, that is exerting an influence because Atletico have a decision to make.....yes, its a fine line but Uefa have made themselves very clear imo and Atletico are free to play Courtois without having to pay any fee

but would uefa still interfere if the fee was say £100k? if not, surely they shouldn't be interfereing this time round.

either way tho, i doubt at.madrid will play courtois. they will probably see it as a "gentleman's" agreement that they have with chelsea, and would not want to go back on what is essentially a "promise" that they have with chelsea. espcially in this case, as the loan of courtois has been massively benefical for them in general.

but would uefa still interfere if the fee was say £100k? if not, surely they shouldn't be interfereing this time round.

either way tho, i doubt at.madrid will play courtois. they will probably see it as a "gentleman's" agreement that they have with chelsea, and would not want to go back on what is essentially a "promise" that they have with chelsea. espcially in this case, as the loan of courtois has been massively benefical for them in general.
they could always play Coutois and simply knock 5 mill off the fee they will collect for Costa when they sell him in the summer to Chelsea ;)

I don't think Chelsea will demand anything, they'll wait until after the game and see what Atletico do

Atletico are probably more concerned with their relationship with Chelsea long term than anything else

Manchester United's squad prepares itself for European football in 2014-15...

Bk8TYiVIQAAsUDB.jpg

also, surely UEFA had to sign off all the paperwork for this loan transfer at the start, why are they only questioning this point now?

yet again UEFA are throwing round big ideas but will ultimately do nothing

Chelsea make six changes from the side which was beaten by Sunderland at the weekend. Fernando Torres starts up front against his old side.

Atletico Madrid: Courtois, Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Filipe Luis, Raul Garcia, Gabi, Mario Suarez, Koke, Diego, Diego Costa. Subs: Aranzubia, Tiago, Villa, Turan, Rodriguez, Sosa, Alderweireld.

Chelsea: Cech, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Luiz, Lampard, Ramires, Torres, Willian. Subs: Schwarzer, Oscar, Schurrle, van Ginkel, Ba, Ake, Kalas.

Referee: Jonas Eriksson (Sweden)

Last edited:
The average one is such a hypocrite, slates managers who park the bus against his team then does it himself a few times each season

Vamos Atletico !!!!

Chelsea make six changes from the side which was beaten by Sunderland at the weekend. Fernando Torres starts up front against his old side.

Atletico Madrid: Courtois, Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Filipe Luis, Raul Garcia, Gabi, Mario Suarez, Koke, Diego, Diego Costa. Subs: Aranzubia, Tiago, Villa, Turan, Rodriguez, Sosa, Alderweireld.

Chelsea: Cech, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Luiz, Lampard, Ramires, Torres, Willian. Subs: Schwarzer, Oscar, Schurrle, van Ginkel, Ba, Ake, Kalas.

Referee: Jonas Eriksson (Sweden)

Why are Villa and Turan on the bench?

Gabi said 'If they give us the ball, we'll give it back'.

Why do I get the feeling that this is going to be an incredibly dull game....?

I don't get that comment? they're actively playing for a 0-0 at home?

As in they're gonna counter.

That's how they've been playing all season I guess.

In a way, I actually think atlético is the worst team for Chelsea in the sf. Bayern and real would have attacked . And mourinho would have done what he always does in these situations, Park the plane and counter.

Atlético won't let him do that, because they're aggressive, powerful and a counter attacking team themselves.

Back