• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

On a more serious note, you are right.

Some of the nonsense posted on here by people who do not know how to interpret data or understand probability drives me mad.

What is even more maddening is that our politicians and journalists are no better and when they get it wrong it has an impact.

they enjoy spreading misinformation IMO...

The difference being politicians generally lie while journalists make stuff up.

Not much of a difference in fairness. Making stuff up is also lying. But I get your point. Not all journey work that way, but sadly the ones that do ruin it for everyone else. tossers.

Am I the only one worried about this fixture then? If we try the high press and it doesn't come off we will need to be super organised defensively or they will mueller on the break. They have some pretty useful looking attacking players in Payet and Lanzini.

Am I the only one worried about this fixture then? If we try the high press and it doesn't come off we will need to be super organised defensively or they will mueller on the break. They have some pretty useful looking attacking players in Payet and Lanzini.

I think you can rest assured that if it's one thing we don't lack it's people who worry about stuff. Lots of other things to be worried about before this though.

I think West Ham this season are proof that the "we signed too many foreign players with a new manager...they all need years to settle" excuse that was trotted out here too many times in the past was nonsense. Sign the right players to compliment what you've already got and get a good manager in, and you can see big results.

They are playing very good football at the moment - often a sign that a team seemingly punching above their weight has the ability to keep it up. Top four is clearly ridiculous but I could see top 6 if they keep Payet fit and improve their defending. They don't look any worse to me than the Saudi Sportswashing Machine team who finished 5th in 2012 did at this stage. What's also going to work well in their favour is that they have a manager who can win big games - even last season Bilic beat us and Liverpool, as well as coming pretty close to beating Arsenal in the CL qualifiers, and of course England in Euro 2008 qualifying.

Am really looking forward to November 22nd. Should be a very good game.

I think West Ham this season are proof that the "we signed too many foreign players with a new manager...they all need years to settle" excuse that was trotted out here too many times in the past was nonsense. Sign the right players to compliment what you've already got and get a good manager in, and you can see big results.

They are playing very good football at the moment - often a sign that a team seemingly punching above their weight has the ability to keep it up. Top four is clearly ridiculous but I could see top 6 if they keep Payet fit and improve their defending. They don't look any worse to me than the Saudi Sportswashing Machine team who finished 5th in 2012 did at this stage. What's also going to work well in their favour is that they have a manager who can win big games - even last season Bilic beat us and Liverpool, as well as coming pretty close to beating Ar5ena1 in the CL qualifiers, and of course England in Euro 2008 qualifying.

How do you call it? As I said Payet, Lanzini and Moses looks like a force to be reckoned with.

They are playing very good football at the moment - often a sign that a team seemingly punching above their weight has the ability to keep it up. Top four is clearly ridiculous but I could see top 6 if they keep Payet fit and improve their defending. They don't look any worse to me than the Saudi Sportswashing Machine team who finished 5th in 2012 did at this stage. What's also going to work well in their favour is that they have a manager who can win big games - even last season Bilic beat us and Liverpool, as well as coming pretty close to beating Ar5ena1 in the CL qualifiers, and of course England in Euro 2008 qualifying.

I think that one instance of it working does not prove that having a load of new players coming in and a new manager is never disruptive or take a while to settle.

I think that one instance of it working does not prove that having a load of new players coming in and a new manager is never disruptive or take a while to settle.

Suiya's point is valid though . If you scout well and target specific areas rather than the scatter gun approach taken by us in 2013 and Liverpool in previous years you are more likely to succeed. Southampton were also successful. We seem to be getting better now.

I think some of you are being too quick to blow smoke up WHam's butt.....were we not in the top 4 after 10 games after our own "scattergun transfer window" of summer 2013?
In fact, i believe we had the exact same number of wins, draws and losses iirc.

Let's see where they are in January before we use them as an example to show how bad we were then....in fact many of West Ham's results are masking how mediocre they are often: last week vs 10 men in the second half many said Chelski were mostly the better side, ditto when they beat Palace 3-1 they played most of the game against 10 men and were also mediocre in the second half then, only scoring late games after some lucky ricochets: Palace were comfortable until then. Their away win vs City was also VERY lucky as City will never miss so many chances in the second half (contrast that with our own win).

They are a counter-attacking team and not much more. Fair play they've done well thus far, but i don't see them being a team that can do more than simply counter-attack.

Suiya's point is valid though . If you scout well and target specific areas rather than the scatter gun approach taken by us in 2013 and Liverpool in previous years you are more likely to succeed. Southampton were also successful. We seem to be getting better now.

There's an element of risk in any signing and bringing in lots of players at the same time increases the risk of them not settling in quickly. You can do things to reduce the risk but not eliminate it. I don't know whether West Ham have done that or got lucky.

I think some of you are being too quick to blow smoke up WHam's butt.....were we not in the top 4 after 10 games after our own "scattergun transfer window" of summer 2013?
In fact, i believe we had the exact same number of wins, draws and losses iirc.

Let's see where they are in January before we use them as an example to show how bad we were then....in fact many of West Ham's results are masking how mediocre they are often: last week vs 10 men in the second half many said Chelski were mostly the better side, ditto when they beat Palace 3-1 they played most of the game against 10 men and were also mediocre in the second half then, only scoring late games after some lucky ricochets: Palace were comfortable until then. Their away win vs City was also VERY lucky as City will never miss so many chances in the second half (contrast that with our own win).

They are a counter-attacking team and not much more. Fair play they've done well thus far, but i don't see them being a team that can do more than simply counter-attack.

Could not agree more, a lot of hype by the press seems to have affected some fans.

you can't argue with their results, their shots to goals ratio appears to be incredibly low though, I'm not sure they can maintain that over 38 games

you can't argue with their results, their shots to goals ratio appears to be incredibly low though, I'm not sure they can maintain that over 38 games

Actually you can argue with their results. It's great beating Arsenal, City and Chelsea, but they lost to Bournemouth at home and could only draw with Sunderland and Norwich. Their EL campaign was an embarrassment.

They couldn't keep up that conversion rate with a front line of Aguero/Ronaldo/Messi

It's a ridiculous run of luck at about 150% of ExpG, much like Captain Bellend's first few games.

They have a top 6 first team and a top 10 squad.
As Soton have shown in recent years,if you combine that was spirit and momentum you can do well.
They will finish 7th dropping points over Xmas and in the run in as they do lack depth, especially up front.
A lot will depend on whether Payet is patchy or consistent too,he looks really good.

They have a top 6 first team and a top 10 squad.
As Soton have shown in recent years,if you combine that was spirit and momentum you can do well.
They will finish 7th dropping points over Xmas and in the run in as they do lack depth, especially up front.
A lot will depend on whether Payet is patchy or consistent too,he looks really good.

And top rate clowns for owners

Back