• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB out or not?

AVB out or not?

• Yes

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 62 49.2%
  • Give him a few more game to turn it around

Votes: 44 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think its as simple as that, I might be wrong but i'm gonna assume AVB isn't coaching Lloris to pass the ball to opponents like he did yesterday or instructing Verts to completely miss the ball like he did for the Navas goal. The players are making mistakes, they need to take their share of the blame and work on their concentration so the mistakes don't happen.

There is a negative disease riddling this club from top to bottom at the moment and that stems from AVB's bad management. There is something clearly wrong when almost every single player in our team plays crap and makes mistakes all at the same time. How can we be so bad in all positions all at once. They do not turn into crap players overnight. There has to be a reason. And its AVB.

So the CL we've qualified for twice in 131 seasons? And the negative amount that AVB has spent during his time in charge?

Our defence was the best in the league before yesterday balls-up and our midfield has bossed all comers (even yesterday). The only thing we are lacking is a bit of understanding in the front 4.

We bossed the midfield yesterday? LMFAO

There is a negative disease riddling this club from top to bottom at the moment and that stems from AVB's bad management. There is something clearly wrong when almost every single player in our team plays crap and makes mistakes all at the same time. How can we be so bad in all positions all at once. They do not turn into crap players overnight. There has to be a reason. And its AVB.

but thats been happening for years, we had similar performances under every manager we've ever had

i agree there is a negative disease in the club, but its been there since the end of Bill Nic's reign, it's far more complicated than just having the wrong manager now

This thread is proof that this forum has gone full retread.
Some would say you need not look further than your own post. Because you don't share same view as some posters it's become retarded.

Come on there is some well balanced difference of opinion in this thread can't all always agree to the same viewpoint or glory glory would be pointless

Some would say you need not look further than your own post. Because you don't share same view as some posters it's become retarded.

Come on there is some well balanced difference of opinion in this thread can't all always agree to the same viewpoint or glory glory would be pointless

Have you looked at the table lately? Look how many points separates us from the top 4 and some folks want him to see him fail and get the chop? Fcking hell, people are losing perspective here. We are still in both the league cup and Europa and we've gained more points now than we did this time last year!

Last edited:
Have you looked at the table lately? Look how many points separates us from the top 4 and some folks want him to see him fail and get the chop? Fcking hell, people are losing perspective here. We are still in both the league cup and Europa and we've gained more points now than we did this time last year!

And all that by playing pretty crap too! 8-[

But seriously, I agree. Is everything perfect? No. Is everything massively disastrous? No. Are we doing all right overall? Yes.

Have you looked at the table lately? How many points separates us from top 4 and some folks want him to see him fail and get the chop? Fcking hell, people are losing perspective here. We are still in both the league cup and Europa and we've gained more points than we did this time last year!

I can see that but the side has been awful under AVB and most agree. We are not climbing the table we have been falling down it . I'm not saying pull the trigger now but I don't think he's the man for the job. It's all opinion tho which is the point of this thread to share said opinions between each other so how's that retarded that's all .

And all that by playing pretty crap too! 8-[

But seriously, I agree. Is everything perfect? No. Is everything massively disastrous? No. Are we doing all right overall? Yes.
You always had sense Robbo.

I can see that but the side has been awful under AVB and most agree. We are not climbing the table we have been falling down it . I'm not saying pull the trigger now but I don't think he's the man for the job. It's all opinion tho which is the point of this thread to share said opinions between each other so how's that retarded that's all .
It's retarded to say they want AVB to fail because some fans here just projecting their own personal dislike for the man and are not being rational. Wanting to see him fail is wanting to see Spurs fail, period! People here have gone full retread here.

I haven't a clue what is going wrong. We have a first team (its in there somewhere) that should be competing for the title. We have a strong squad that should keep us in the running for all of the cups. I said after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game that I miss the attacking, flowing football that Rednapp gave us and I still think the same. I reckon he would be doing a better job at this stage. Can't stand the bloke for hanging us out over the England job and for that he can do one. BUT I believe AVB should be given more time to adapt his decision making if he can.I want a manager that is here for the long haul for a change and he is the best bet. Defence and midfield have normally been good but its finding that elusive ball into the box that is missing. Soldado hasn't turned into a ****e player crossing the channel. Fingers crossed, eyes closed and breath held and I press the keep button [-o<

It's retarded to say they want AVB to fail because some fans here just projecting their own personal dislike for the man and are not being rational. Wanting to see him fail is wanting to see Spurs fail, period! People here have gone full retread here.

For me it's not dislike of AVB it's dislike of the way we play under him it's there to see on the pitch every week.

No one wants to see him fail. But I'm not gonna close my eyes and cover my ears and deny its happening.

We are playing worse football as the season goes on but do not want AVB out. We are going through a tough time and need consistency. If that consistency is crap come May then yes he should go but you cant let him spend £100m and then sack him 3 months down the line.

There were solid foundations at Porto. AVB's fixing three decades of neglect. He's also had to cope with the loss of our 4 world class players and had an overall turnover of about 15.

GB im pro AVB as already stated in this thread, yet there are undeniably some question marks, and i would love to hear you rationally explain why you demand he is treated so differently then those who came before him?

How is he implementing a "System" as you say any more then redknapp was? Yesterday he switched to 442 (YES 442 you despise so much) then ditched it after 10/15 mins having conceded 2 more goals. Can you imagine your reaction if harry had done the same?

This is the 1st time he has gone into a second year at a club so HOW is he this certain man to build a dynasty?

As for stating if he has lost the dressing room its because of harrys press mates, well now your making yourself look silly in my opinion.

I know you want him to succeed, with a modern system and so do i believe me but you undermine your argument by elevating him to a place he HAS NOT REACHED, he should be treated the same as any other manager!!

I do want him to fail. That's a painful position to have as a Spurs fan. To want your side to go backward to enable it to go forward.
I didn't rate him at Chelsea, at the time I was of the opinion that thank **** he was their manager and not ours. His flaws were evident, his limitations were evident, his lack of experience blindingly obvious.

Then we gambled. We threw away 4 years of growth, in which we'd played some amazing football, not only qualified for the CL but reached the QF. Two 4th place finishes. All to go in a 'new direction' (whatever that means).
AVB's theosophy is at odds with the core of what makes Spurs Spurs.
AVB and 'to dare is to do' are not compatible.

AVB was totally out of his depth at Chelsea. He's totally out of his depth here. Perhaps not so obvious last season with his get out of jail free card he had in Bale. But it's blindingly obvious this season.

Explain the growth. And long-term vision.

Tbh, if that happens, I'd say it's more likely that it's Redknapp's mates in the media deliberately trying to bring him down.

Remember that was exactly what was happening prior to our win at Old Trafford last autumn.

Remember Sherwood briefing Richard Keys that the players were "over trained and unhappy"

I agree, the combo could be toxic…he will never ever be a media darling that's for sure...

Back