• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

So you’re saying we would’ve won if we hadn’t brought on Royal and Sarr? You sure of that?
I can’t be sure
But I can guarantee Sarr wouldn’t have given away the pen
And I can also guarantee by bringing on attacking subs we could have got on the front foot
Instead we had our whole team within a 20 yard box… daft

There is a lot of blame to be apportioned for this brick show to both the management (on the field and off) and the players, but the key for me is that Conte's style is not Spurs and neither was Mourinho's so the fans patience was always going to be tested if no trophies appeared. I can see why Levy did it. His gamble on one of 'the end justifies the means' type managers was an attempt to break a generations-long losing streak. But Conte's style requires a mentality that does not exist at Spurs nor has in my adult life. He needs players that put winning above all else and give every single fudging thing they have to make it happen, and in every match too. I don't think we have any of those players. Actually, I can't think of one, and so on this point, he's right. We're congenital losers.

Now you might argue that Conte is paid well to instill this mentality in our players and that is a very valid point. I'd say with a high degree of confidence this was exactly what he was brought in to do and he should be doing far better, but I still come back to the raw material he has to work with. No matter how many Al Pacino inches speeches he gives it won't make a difference. These players are not winners and Conte is not good enough to make them into ones.

Last edited:
I can’t be sure
But I can guarantee Sarr wouldn’t have given away the pen
And I can also guarantee by bringing on attacking subs we could have got on the front foot
Instead we had our whole team within a 20 yard box… daft
We’d lost control of the game before he made the change. Not defending Conte, we were 3-1 up despite rather than because of our play but I don’t accept those last substitutes made the difference.

Sure, the rant has been ready, he was just awaiting the right moment to crack open the bottle. If we had won today he would have saved it for another time.
Possibly
The way he blew for me meant he wanted to get this in before gettin binned tomo
I think he knew he was gone regardless so used his opportunity

We’d lost control of the game before he made the change. Not defending Conte, we were 3-1 up despite rather than because of our play but I don’t accept those last substitutes made the difference.
They made a huge difference as we conceded the ability to attack
He shunted skipp to the right side too
Really weird
The guy makes such negative subs and it gives the opposition belief

Reactions: DTA
By whom? We're in a race for top 4. You think it helps the players? You think it endears him to the board? They are words to get himself sacked. No matter how much truth there is in them it doesn't help the team, the fans or the club.

Say them at the end of the season.

It’s refreshing to hear it from a manager in situ.
Yep It’ll do short term damage but the sooner the truth is confronted the better.

It’s refreshing to hear it from a manager in situ.
Yep It’ll do short term damage but the sooner the truth is confronted the better.

How will it be confronted?

I'm happy to have new owners, but unless someone puts a bid in this is it. All it does it hurt the club.

It's the anarchist point of view, burn everything down and rebuild in the way i want. But that is a childs view and not based in reality. All you will be left is ashes.

This. Nice little pay off and a few months R&R before getting another job. Lovely.

It fudges him though. He walked out of inter. Sabotaging himself at spurs won't make top clubs think, oh yeah he's our guy. He'll probably get a team in serie a. A league that is basically bankrupt. Way less money.

Grats.

It fudges him though. He walked out of inter. Sabotaging himself at spurs won't make top clubs think, oh yeah he's our guy. He'll probably get a team in serie a. A league that is basically bankrupt. Way less money.

Grats.
Madrid and united turned him down

Back