• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

It's in my opinion that the CL has been to the detriment of football in general. For now the only thing that seems to matter is finishing 4th so you can play in the CHAMPIONS League without ever having to be champions. It's taken the glory out of all the other tournaments including making the once great UEFA Cup a laughed at competition that's seen as embarrasing to be a part of.

I'm so glad it wasn't always like this or our great club wouldn't have the fantastic tradition that it does have. Imagine football had only ever been about finishing 4th and playing in the CHAMPIONS(?) League. Great moments like Ricky Villa's superb extra time winning goal in the 1981 FA Cup Final replay, Gazza's free kick as Wembley against them lot, Graham Roberts late equaliser in the UEFA Cup final before we went on to win on penalties ... imagine all that time that plodding over the line to finish 4th whilst watching dreadful uninspiring football had always been more important. I'm 40 so old enough to have just seen the end of the days before football got ruined yet not old enough to have lived through our real glory years yet I find modern football quite sad really.

So in answer to your question I don't really care what competition we take part in, I want the glory of watching us in finals and winning things again.

I agree with this and I think the answer (considering the context of where the world is now) is to delete all of football and its history and replace it with a comprehensive european super league with multiple divisions

And lastly now that London is much ‘smaller’ than it once was do we really need all these London clubs?

All London clubs could now merge so we have London United and London City. LU can play at Wembley and LC can have a new stadium built in central London with a capacity of 120,000.

And lastly now that London is much ‘smaller’ than it once was do we really need all these London clubs?

All London clubs could now merge so we have London United and London City. LU can play at Wembley and LC can have a new stadium built in central London with a capacity of 120,000.

Wouldn't happen, but imagine a stadium for 200,000 ... no one would stand a chance financially if ffp was enforced

with the right infrastructure of course - would need 3 tube stations, car park the size of Ealing, and probably its own airport.

if the cups were unified and included Scotland, NI and Wales we'd end up with less european places.

Why not? Engineering has massively improved and could make it happen.

https://www.si.com/.amp/extra-musta...ows-what-1000000-seat-stadium-would-look-like

FqJFiXdXgAIJZUt.jpg:large

if the cups were unified and included Scotland, NI and Wales we'd end up with less european places.

We wouldn’t have european places.

We would have a comprehensive european super league of multiple divisions and then a british cup for some domestic football.

All London clubs then merge to form London United and play at Wembley and then a new club called London City that play at a 120,000 seater stadium built near London Waterloo station.

Everything I have outlined will happen eventually just some it is a couple of hundred years off.

All these regional London clubs will end up as ancient relics in a museum.

Just saw this comment from Conte after the match:

"I don't understand the people that doesn't understand the importance of rotation. You have good players on the bench and then you can change the game.
"If you want to aspire to win trophies in the future, you have to count on about 16, 17, 18 players to make rotation and play game by game.

-
Surely he's the ONLY person who doesn't seem to have understood this?
Starting to tinkle me off with this flimflam, he plays pretty much the same team every week despite us largely being turgid now making out like he's some ration expert.

Everything I have outlined will happen eventually just some it is a couple of hundred years off.

All these regional London clubs will end up as ancient relics in a museum.

I'm surprised two London clubs haven't ever merged. Queens Park & Chelski Rangers has a nice ring to it :)

Back