• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

As much as I hate Chris Sutton he made a good point today that the future of Conte should really be sorted to a point that the club make an announcement that he is staying or going. I know there will be arguments to the contrary but it should be put to bed before the options and contracts expire

The fact it seemed all the players really wanted Richie to score on Saturday after his pop at the manager midweek, tells you everything you need to know.
Jesus, thats some straw clutching right there:D Of course they weren't desperate for Richi to score because he hasn't scored a single league goal all season - they were desperate for him to score to show Conte up and prove what a big bad meanie of a manager he is....

"Get the ball to Kane and hope" is not a strategy.

While you're obviously entitled to your opinion, I do find it strange that so many people would actually think top managers would be stupid enough to build a career on 'pass the ball to X and hope'. I read the same things about Mourinho a couple of years ago. It's completely absurd, even more in Conte's case as his problem is rather not giving his players any freedom at all. Long before that, you had people claiming Graham had us lose games on purpose. It's irrational at best.

When you think about how difficult it is to make it as a manager - let alone actually win trophies, let alone actually win some of the biggest trophies in world football - it doesn't make any sense to think they know nothing about football or that they would know less than the average fan on an Internet message board.

It goes without saying that we have every right to be unhappy with his work but there's so much more to say about it than 'his strategy is get the ball to Kane and hope'... Sorry if that sounds patronising. I apologise if it does but that wasn't meant to antagonise you. It's just that I can't help but think that they're knee-jerk reactions rather than the conclusion of a in-depth analysis.

Jesus, thats some straw clutching right there:D Of course they weren't desperate for Richi to score because he hasn't scored a single league goal all season - they were desperate for him to score to show Conte up and prove what a big bad meanie of a manager he is....
Well they haven’t bothered any other time.

As much as I hate Chris Sutton he made a good point today that the future of Conte should really be sorted to a point that the club make an announcement that he is staying or going. I know there will be arguments to the contrary but it should be put to bed before the options and contracts expire
If he’s going then I’m not sure it’s a great idea to publicise that while there’s still a quarter of the season left and all (4th :D) to play for.

If he’s going then I’m not sure it’s a great idea to publicise that while there’s still a quarter of the season left and all (4th :D) to play for.

Yeh fair enough, then we can assume though that without news that he is going anyway seeing as any deal would have likely been done already...maybe, maybe not

Yeh fair enough, then we can assume though that without news that he is going anyway seeing as any deal would have likely been done already...maybe, maybe not

Yeah it looks like he’s off which I think is having a destabilising impact already but I’d say that would get worse if an early announcement was made.

Ok. But if you were conte, allegedly chelsea bought players you didn't want. Juve and inter you won them leagues for the first time in almost a decade then they start selling players you didn't want sold. Wouldn't you hold off on a new contract till you knew exactly what you were getting?

Ok. But if you were conte, allegedly chelsea bought players you didn't want. Juve and inter you won them leagues for the first time in almost a decade then they start selling players you didn't want sold. Wouldn't you hold off on a new contract till you knew exactly what you were getting?

If I had that kind of history, honestly, I would have my ducks in a row well before this still. He would still have to sign a deal before any major transfer movements so you would always be working with a certain level of having to trust and assurances, nothing is ever in stone in this game. And I mean look if the deal changed and the goalposts moved you can quit, there is no real difference in not signing and then quitting early in your contract other than the money you had coming, but if you don't sign a contract you never had that money coming in the first place.

If I had that kind of history, honestly, I would have my ducks in a row well before this still. He would still have to sign a deal before any major transfer movements so you would always be working with a certain level of having to trust and assurances, nothing is ever in stone in this game. And I mean look if the deal changed and the goalposts moved you can quit, there is no real difference in not signing and then quitting early in your contract other than the money you had coming, but if you don't sign a contract you never had that money coming in the first place.

For the first part, you can agree a deal in principle for players. Or have finances worked out for a transfer.

For the second part there can be a non compete agreement in contracts. You walk away you can't manage someone else for a certain amount of time.

I don't know what will happen. I think he's probably gone in the summer. But finish 4th or 3rd i think there might be a possibility he stays another season.

For the first part, you can agree a deal in principle for players. Or have finances worked out for a transfer.

For the second part there can be a non compete agreement in contracts. You walk away you can't manage someone else for a certain amount of time.

I don't know what will happen. I think he's probably gone in the summer. But finish 4th or 3rd i think there might be a possibility he stays another season.

Yeh of course but principal is very much on word so would have to take a certain leap of faith regardless. The non compete you could argue out if you are that paranoid because of the past, if I was him I would have it as a deal breaker personally.

But finish 4th or 3rd i think there might be a possibility he stays another season.

You might have hit the tickle my balls with a feather.
Conte might have said he needs £Xm spent on players in the summer, and Levy (rightly) retorted he can have £Xm if we get CL. Otherwise the budget is an eighth of that.

That would explain Conte's line about "the club know exactly how I feel blah blah"

He's not staying.
Which is not a bad thing.
I also don't think Poch will return as too much of the previous garden furniture which gave him splinters in the first place remains (not Levy), and that Italian recliner is not prepared to support his weight!
De Zerbi would be fun, Gallardo a fun gamble, I am really warming to the idea of Thomas Frank, and IF we want to take the 'old winner ex/Chelsea' short-cut gamble for another two years, would be happy with Ancelotti.

He's not staying.
Which is not a bad thing.
I also don't think Poch will return as too much of the previous garden furniture which gave him splinters in the first place remains (not Levy), and that Italian recliner is not prepared to support his weight!
De Zerbi would be fun, Gallardo a fun gamble, I am really warming to the idea of Thomas Frank, and IF we want to take the 'old winner ex/Chelsea' short-cut gamble for another two years, would be happy with Ancelotti.

I don't get tommy frank. Isn't the football just as bad?

A lot of you have super thick rose-tinted glasses when looking back at the end of the Poch regime

It was awful, 10 months of poor decisions and poor play.

You can read hundreds of pages about it here in the archive:
https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/mauricio-pochettino-sacked.6336/page-1168

That Brighton game, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Watford, page after page of moans about the awful diamond formation, his blind faith in certain players, lack of rotation e.g.

a game where the manager fudged the players completely, following game after game of random and poor tactical decisions, the players finally lost faith in the leadership of the team.

Although get the ball to Kane and hope is not a strategy I would like to see England try it, be a nice change from only get it somewhere near him if there is nothing else you can do.

Back