• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Best start to a season ever wasn't it?
It was clearly obvious that it wasn't sustainable. I was one who defended him early on, given we were giving away practically nothing in terms of opposition chances. I maintained that, as long as we were doing that, the overall performance would improve over the course of the season and the team would "click." But it hasn't. And what were good at (giving away nothing to the opposition) went down the drain too. So the narrative is still "wtf were you doing earlier in the season?"

It was clearly obvious that it wasn't sustainable. I was one who defended him early on, given we were giving away practically nothing in terms of opposition chances. I maintained that, as long as we were doing that, the overall performance would improve over the course of the season and the team would "click." But it hasn't. And what were good at (giving away nothing to the opposition) went down the drain too. So the narrative is still "wtf were you doing earlier in the season?"

Agree, we've been missing something all season. Our play is bad. Our cup form atrocious. Yet we win the next 2 games (which we fudging should) we might be 3rd.

Son should be doing better whatever way he's facing.

The celebration would be great, if we won a FA or Carabao Cup. And would last for a few days. If the next season we're playing Torpedo Centipede and Honka Espoo it's going to be dreary for an entire season.

And I don't understand the comment about the CL not being elite and that we shouldn't be anywhere near a competition with the name Champions in it. What international competition should we be aspiring to play in then?

It's in my opinion that the CL has been to the detriment of football in general. For now the only thing that seems to matter is finishing 4th so you can play in the CHAMPIONS League without ever having to be champions. It's taken the glory out of all the other tournaments including making the once great UEFA Cup a laughed at competition that's seen as embarrasing to be a part of.

I'm so glad it wasn't always like this or our great club wouldn't have the fantastic tradition that it does have. Imagine football had only ever been about finishing 4th and playing in the CHAMPIONS(?) League. Great moments like Ricky Villa's superb extra time winning goal in the 1981 FA Cup Final replay, Gazza's free kick as Wembley against them lot, Graham Roberts late equaliser in the UEFA Cup final before we went on to win on penalties ... imagine all that time that plodding over the line to finish 4th whilst watching dreadful uninspiring football had always been more important. I'm 40 so old enough to have just seen the end of the days before football got ruined yet not old enough to have lived through our real glory years yet I find modern football quite sad really.

So in answer to your question I don't really care what competition we take part in, I want the glory of watching us in finals and winning things again.

Back