• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I know you like to use this particular topic to maintain your stance on the board but it's entirely possible to prioritise league performance without sacrificing the cups to the level we have seen this season.

I beg your pardon? A reminder below of who are centre back options are.

Romero
Dier
Davies
Tanganga
Sanchez
Lenglet (on loan)

Also due to the corrupt world cup there was a period this season where we played a game every few days for about 10 weeks!!!!

I think the fact we are where we are without really playing well all season suggests a different manager would have a good chance of doing just as well
100%
There are teams that we should have beaten and lost to.. because of individual errors like villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and arguably arsenal at home. That wasn’t because of squad depth and readiness but arguably having fresher or match fit options may have helped us do something in those games

But last week was a classic miss use of the squad from conte against wolves. Why change a team That’s been winning in the league?!?!?

I beg your pardon? A reminder below of who are centre back options are.

Romero
Dier
Davies
Tanganga
Sanchez
Lenglet (on loan)

Also due to the corrupt world cup there was a period this season where we played a game every few days for about 10 weeks!!!!
Yep
Three or those played in a team that barely conceded a goal last season in comparison to this….
What’s changed???

Yep
Three or those played in a team that barely conceded a goal last season in comparison to this….
What’s changed???

That is a big question. Conte doesn't seem to be able to handle 2 games a week. Heard he does video analysis of previous/future games, which spread over a week is ok. In 2 days is a bit much and confusing (or just boring).

Lloris and son seemed to have dropped off. Peresic doesn't seem to have met expectations. Reguillon while not excelling at anything was probably more balanced.

Yep
What’s changed???

Maybe Conte elevated them for a period but nobody can deny that bar Romero the rest are lower half prem quality defenders.

They should be starting for a soton or bornemouth type team

That is a big question. Conte doesn't seem to be able to handle 2 games a week. Heard he does video analysis of previous games, which spread over a week is ok. In 2 days is a bit much and confusing (or just boring).

Lloris and son seemed to have dropped off. Peresic doesn't seem to have met expectations. Reguillon while not excelling at anything was probably more balanced.
That’s the changes
Worse wing back on one side (Reggie didn’t play when we defended well by the way, it was sess)
A keeper who couldn’t catch a cold (gave away so many key goals)
Sons drop off hasn’t hurt the defence but the lack of hold up play on his side exposes Perisic a lot. It’s why Davies coming in has helped

Maybe Conte elevated them for a period but nobody can deny that bar Romero the rest are lower half prem quality defenders.

They should be starting for a soton or bornemouth type team
I deny it
There you go
I’d argue that players who play for decent international sides are arguably better than lower half prem level
I’d also say that a good coach should get more from his options
You haven’t mentioned Hugo in your critique which actually is a key issue

I deny it
There you go
I’d argue that players who play for decent international sides are arguably better than lower half prem level
I’d also say that a good coach should get more from his options
You haven’t mentioned Hugo in your critique which actually is a key issue

They aren’t very good mate but if you feel otherwise then all the best to you :D

What do you want to say about Hugo?

For context with Hugo in goal we have kept a clean sheet roughly once in every 3 games then averaged 2 against in the other league games
That’s scary numbers really

They aren’t very good mate but if you feel otherwise then all the best to you :D

What do you want to say about Hugo?
He has cost us a lot of gaols
More than any player in the league
Let goals too
Ones that out the opposition ahead
And they have all been very basic errors
The stats don’t even show bad they are as OGs don’t count for some reason

but Eddie how has shown that you can organise a defence as a coach to do better than the sum of its parts. Helps their keeper has been decent though of course

and Hugo’s incompetence isn’t on Conte… but sticking with him is

Back