• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Townsend did it in view of the press, and Poch is probably responding to questions from the press about it. There's no public outing.

That would be my guess too.

The incident was public. Poch could have handled it behind closed doors, but leaving him out of the squad against Anderlecht could easily just have caused more speculations. He could have lied about it and said that he was injured, but then he risks a leak from someone and the situation escalating.

Poch seems to have handled it really well. It was one incident and I don't think it will be decisive for his future at Spurs.

What might be decisive is if the frustration illustrated in the incident is something that makes Townsend want to leave. At least rumours in the past have been that he hasn't wanted to leave when we've been ready to sell him.

Frankly, can't blame Townsend for being frustrated. Pochettino should not have put Townsend on the bench if he had wanted to play 18 year old Onomah ahead of him. I think any player will feel offended if an unknown 18 year old play ahead of them.

Is this serious? This can't be serious...

Oh, and Josh Onomah is not unknown.

Frankly, can't blame Townsend for being frustrated. Pochettino should not have put Townsend on the bench if he had wanted to play 18 year old Onomah ahead of him. I think any player will feel offended if an unknown 18 year old play ahead of them.

So in order to not frustrate Townsend by putting an 18 year old on ahead of him, he should have left him out of the squad completely? Is that really what you are saying?

Townsend has had many chances to impress and failed thus far. Onomah has obviously been performing and working hard in training, so deserves a chance to impress (the same chance Townsend was given and failed to take).

Townsend only has himself to blame here.

Guess Poch should only name three substitutes, for fear of upsetting anyones feelings.

i saw that little training after the Emirates Marketing Project match that we won by 4-1 recently

i think they asked rose over to take some kind of fitness test on the bylines in full view of the remaining departing fans.

i stayed to watch and thought it was odd... why immediately after the game when the team would be celebrating the victory, why single out 1 or 2 players, why in full view and scrutiny of the public eye.

was it even necessary, that little fitness test immediately after a game?

i saw that little training after the Emirates Marketing Project match that we won by 4-1 recently

i think they asked rose over to take some kind of fitness test on the bylines in full view of the remaining departing fans.

i stayed to watch and thought it was odd... why immediately after the game when the team would be celebrating the victory, why single out 1 or 2 players, why in full view and scrutiny of the public eye.

Same after Anderlecht away, Rose again and Onomah I think. Tailored fitness plans? I liked it, gave us something to sing about while locked in.

Same after Anderlecht away, Rose again and Onomah I think. Tailored fitness plans? I liked it, gave us something to sing about while locked in.

Some players might benifit from/need a more extensive or intense warm down than others. Or there could be a completely different reason prehab, rehab of minor injuries or otherwise. Who knows!

Some players might benifit from/need a more extensive or intense warm down than others. Or there could be a completely different reason prehab, rehab of minor injuries or otherwise. Who knows!
It's perfectly normal. Players on the bench and players that have received small injuries, warm down after a game. Nothing odd about it

Yep right in front of us

It is normal and even players who have played a lot of the game sometimes have an extended warm down

I think the games you are referring to are when rose etc were subs, if you are a sub and don't get on you have to do fitness work after the game and most likely the next morning too. It's too keep you fresh and ensure that your levels are kept or improve of returning from injury. My guess is that he was doing pitch sprints, was grumpy and he coach tried to speak with him and townsend told him to eff off- probably not a huge deal.

I think poch has dealt with it well but I do think townsend is off so he has made of point of punishing him. Compared to last year, we are a more unified unit, he has more power and this was the ideal chance to show it

I don't see anything wrong with that mate unless the management team also asked for the players to be put in stocks and offered the fans tomatoes and rotten eggs to throw at them. I must say I have reservations about broadcasting disciplinary matters but then I'm old fashioned and prefer things kept in house. Still I can understand why Poch did it.

I think the games you are referring to are when rose etc were subs, if you are a sub and don't get on you have to do fitness work after the game and most likely the next morning too. It's too keep you fresh and ensure that your levels are kept or improve of returning from injury. My guess is that he was doing pitch sprints, was grumpy and he coach tried to speak with him and townsend told him to eff off- probably not a huge deal.

I think poch has dealt with it well but I do think townsend is off so he has made of point of punishing him. Compared to last year, we are a more unified unit, he has more power and this was the ideal chance to show it

yes the subs on the bench.

pitch that they weren't involved in the post match team talk and celebrations, especially after that Emirates Marketing Project victory.
if i were coach i'd say that team bonding immediately after a victory beats any 20 minutes of sprinting and jumping - that can wait til the next morning.

I think Poch has handled this situation perfectly. The fact that the incident was picked up by the press, if Poch had simply said "this is being handled internally", the press would be asking questions for weeks. They would have noticed Andros not in the squad and the speculation would have been a huge distraction.

I really like the way Poch manages this team. He just has so much integrity.

As for Andros, I feel sorry for him in that I can see that he is desperate to succeed here. He's spurs through and through. But, he can not argue that he has not had enough chances here. Shame, but I hope he manages to pick himself up and start fulfilling his early promise.

Need to loan him out in Jan. He's behind Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Dembele, Chadli and possibly Pritchard in the pecking order. He needs regular football to develop

England star set to be offered escape from his Tottenham nightmare

GARRY MONK is ready to renew his interest in Andros Townsend after the winger’s Tottenham future was thrown into doubt.

England international Townsend, 24, has been dropped following a row with fitness coach Nathan Gardiner.

Townsend has played just 64 minutes in the league this season but Monk is a long-time admirer of the England ace.

The Swans boss tried to sign him in the January window and the midweek bust-up is likely to boost Swansea’s hopes of getting their man this time around.

They will, however, face competition from Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Sunderland and West Ham.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...onk-Andros-Townsend-Swansea-Tottenham-Hotspur

Let's hope Monk isn't sacked before then. England star, LOL.

With our very impressive fitness levels and equally impressive injury record under Pochettino I would say anything his fitness coaches deems appropriate is necessary.

Need to loan him out in Jan. He's behind Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Dembele, Chadli and possibly Pritchard in the pecking order. He needs regular football to develop

He's 24 though. If he goes on a loan deal in January he'll be 25 when he returns...

Another problem with a loan deal for him is also doesn't particularly fit our style of play (imo). I imagine most teams that would want him on a half a season loan and give him regular starts will not play our style of football.

Back