• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB Sacked page 224

I think Levy must have been fuming Lamela and Adebayor were not playing considering the money paid (wages/transfer fees)

The problem there is how do you criticize a managers tactics/style/results if directly/indirectly he is being pressured to play the wrong players?

Curbs mentioned it when commenting on the Pool game, he felt AVB likely wanted to start with Townsend, Holtby, Lennon and Defoe, but that would mean a lot of players we spent record money on wouldn't start.

I think Levy must have been fuming Lamela and Adebayor were not playing considering the money paid (wages/transfer fees)

Starting to look like a mini Abramovich. He should have ZERO say in what team the manager picks, I'm sure AVB had reasons for not picking Adebayor, heck just look at last season's ultra **** goal return. He should have played Lamela more though I agree.

On the notion of him not getting the four players he wanted, I don't think that can be an excuse. Every single manager on the planet has to deal with that (except possibly Real Madrid and even then players choose Barca from time to time).

It's up to AVB to identify the gaps in the team he wants to fill. We are saying here he wanted

Moutinho - Mordic type player, makes the team tick
Villa - Crafty goalscorer with a bit of skill about him
Willian - Skillful creator
Contreao - Attacking Left back

So what did AVB & Baldini do

Modric Type Player - signed noone, infact loaned the nearest thing we had (Tom Carroll) out to QPR
Crafty Goalscorer - Soldado
Willian - Lamella or you could argue Eriksen also
Contreao - Brought Rose back and loaned out Benny

If not getting Moutinho was such an issue for AVB, why did we make absolutely no attempt to sign anyone else in a similar mould. Either AVB thought we had the players to cover, Baldini/Levy put a stop to signing anyone, or AVB asked Baldini to go get someone and he didn't do the business.

All this does beg the question (for me anyway) why has Levy gone back to a structure that we have actual concrete evidence didn't work in the past. At least Redknapp was fully accountable for everything. Everytime we've ever had a DoF, this 'who signed the players' arguement has come up. Levy seems like a man who is too stubborn to learn from his mistakes.

No doubt it has yielded good returns in terms of players. However, it has caused conflict with almost every manager we've had since the DoF structure was implemented. The manager gets the final say on the players purchased, how ****ing hard is that? And still we can't manage it.

Starting to look like a mini Abramovich. He should have ZERO say in what team the manager picks, I'm sure AVB had reasons for not picking Adebayor, heck just look at last season's ultra **** goal return. He should have played Lamela more though I agree.

this is if you believe the rumours

i doubt levy is as silly as abramovich to be honest. he isnt a footballing on field pro...he wouldnt tell the coach who to pick , a good nudge to make the coach aware about the fianacial ramifications sure but not categorically stating who he is going to pick

Have to say, the training ground pics from today don't look like the players are happy at all.

Have to say, the training ground pics from today don't look like the players are happy at all.

Besides Ade and Ekotto I haven't seen or heard anything to suggest any players didn't like AVB. Most spoke very highly of him in the press, Sandro in particular has been doing a lot of promotional work recently and always seemed to big up the impact of AVB. Holtby said the main reason he joined Spurs was because of AVB.

Could have a negative effect on the squad getting rid of AVB and, for the time being at least, replacing him with Tim Sherwood. As far as I know (and someone may correct me on this) Sherwood has not had any contact with the first team squad.

My mate picked up Vert today in his cab. Took him from Primrose Hill to Hampstead. He said the players are all gutted that AVB has been sacked.

My friend said that he is a really nice guy and is off to Belgium to recover from his injury.

Redknapp is saying this as he wants to appear graceful and classy towards the club/avb and not bitter at all. However if you really want to hear what his actual opinion is, look no further than Jamie who is his true mouthpiece. The stuff that Jamie was coming out with during the England saga were Harry's true thoughts as well. No doubt he is expressing his opinion through Jamie's sky sports punditry.

=D>

Redknapp is saying this as he wants to appear graceful and classy towards the club/avb and not bitter at all. However if you really want to hear what his actual opinion is, look no further than Jamie who is his true mouthpiece. The stuff that Jamie was coming out with during the England saga were Harry's true thoughts as well. No doubt he is expressing his opinion through Jamie's sky sports punditry.

I can't stand Jamie Redknapp. I avoided the news for most of yesterday until I got home and foolishly, out of habit put SSN on. I was met with Jamie Redknapp giving his opinions with such gusto, that he believed them as fact. Actually said Daniel Levy wants to be manager

It promotes the hire and fire culture by giving Levy something to hide behind. When Jol lost his job he came out and blamed Comolli. Comolli didn't decide the time was right to go for Ramos, Levy did. Comolli apparently 'rowed with Ramos' becuase he let Keane and Berbatov go. He didn't let them go, Levy did.

Papers are now insinuating that AVB didn't want these players that Baldini spent 107m on, if he did (which actually I doubt) Levy sanctioned that money to be spent and essentially rated the opinion of his DoF over that of the manager.

You could argue (and I think that's what you are getting at) that we've been fairly successful on the pitch with a DoF in place, but at the height of that success we had Redknapp in charge of everything.

Is what I've described above really a viable way to run a football club?

AVB is the one who insisted on a DoF, and the top of his wish list was Baldini. So for AVB to somehow insinuate that some of the buys were not of his choice is complete spoiled grapes on his part. AVB created the middle man to further confuse the buying process, so he just needs to STFU and take his dumbass football and complicated dimensions elsewhere

I can't stand Jamie Redknapp. I avoided the news for most of yesterday until I got home and foolishly, out of habit put SSN on. I was met with Jamie Redknapp giving his opinions with such gusto, that he believed them as fact. Actually said Daniel Levy wants to be manager

a couple of respected journos have said that Levy suggests players to buy, of course has final say on buys, and even suggested that AVB try 2 strikers. Interference?

of course J redknapp may be bitter about what happened with his dad, but if some of what he said was somehow untrue, you just know Levy would be quick as a shot in firing a lawsuit and suing for damages. One thing with the Redknapps is that they love to talk, almost never engaging brain before they open their mouths, but in this way they can be believed in what they say because they dont have the ability or intelligence to make make up lies

Sacking AVB at this juncture was a mistake that I hope Levy doesn't compound by putting the wrong man in his place. That's all I'll say on this topic.

COYS

I agree, yet another manager change and we start the circle all over again.

AVB is the one who insisted on a DoF, and the top of his wish list was Baldini. So for AVB to somehow insinuate that some of the buys were not of his choice is complete spoiled grapes on his part. AVB created the middle man to further confuse the buying process, so he just needs to STFU and take his dumbass football and complicated dimensions elsewhere

He's not.

I just heard Paul Whitehouse on The Spurs Show podcast and he said that he can take a win playing badly, a defeat playing well but that a defeat playing badly is unacceptable. And this season under AVB we've had at least three of those. Two at home.

a couple of respected journos have said that Levy suggests players to buy, of course has final say on buys, and even suggested that AVB try 2 strikers. Interference?

of course J redknapp may be bitter about what happened with his dad, but if some of what he said was somehow untrue, you just know Levy would be quick as a shot in firing a lawsuit and suing for damages. One thing with the Redknapps is that they love to talk, almost never engaging brain before they open their mouths, but in this way they can be believed in what they say because they dont have the ability or intelligence to make make up lies

How would you know he would do this? What's your basis?

I really find your reactions strange sometimes mate. A couple of weeks back BFS basically stood up for AVB saying he was right to have a go back at the press and you took offence, now our mate Arry says AVB should have been given more time and still you find this offensive?

For the record, I don't like Jamie Redknapp either, but maybe just maybe he and his Dad don't agree on everything. I know I didn't agree with my old man a lot of times, If I had a pound for every time we had a football related arguement I'd have a private jet on 24 hour standby.

Last edited:
Back