• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: Avb done (official)

Today Benny tweets its a great day and posts a link to the song "Im happy" by Pharell. He knows what he's doing.

I hope the next guy brings Benny back and sticks him straight in the team so everyone can see how bad he is now, i'm fed up with that stick being swung.

Today Benny tweets its a great day and posts a link to the song "Im happy" by Pharell. He knows what he's doing.

First task for the new manager is to bring him back from loan and make him train with the kids until his contract runs out.

First task for the new manager is to bring him back from loan and make him train with the kids until his contract runs out.

Cant you see it for what it is? He wanted to stay at Spurs, he loves spurs - he doesnt come to watch us because he has nothing better to do. He is too good for the Championship yet AVB decided to get rid of our Left Back. what the **** - no wonder he is happy and who can blame him. I certainly dont

Cant you see it for what it is? He wanted to stay at Spurs, he loves spurs - he doesnt come to watch us because he has nothing better to do. He is too good for the Championship yet AVB decided to get rid of our Left Back. what the **** - no wonder he is happy and who can blame him. I certainly dont

I can see it for exactly what it is - a complete lack of respect and trouble-making. Neither he nor Adebayor should ever get near the first team again, they don't deserve Tottenham.

That's no excuse to tweet that pic of him and Ade smiling and gesturing 5-0 between them, that's just macaronic and it just winds us up.

Last edited:

No one can blame him for being happy but the way he's expressing his happiness is distasteful.

my thoughts too.. Qunts the pair of them.

Anyone that disagrees about my feelings about Ade and now Benny can kiss my ar$e.

I was always pro AVB, I really wanted it to work... it all fitted so nicely....

Last season Bale masked what was a horrendous performance week in week out and was only exciting as when Bale was on the ball you knoew something would happen...

This season was never going to be anything other than transitional, but I lived in hope we could do something.

AVB's biggest mistake this season was not capitilising on the Cardiff and Norwich performances. If we played like that even 6/10 games I would be comfortable knowing consistent results are around the corner.
Sadly he regressed, with the performances we are seeing being lucky to win/ shockingly poor and those 3 games being so horrifically bad that there is no way back for him after yesterday, and rightly so.

I used to love going to the lane and watching us on the box. But now I find it tedious and Boring.

Not that I want Harry back, but his team can never be accused of being boring. I want swashbuckling football. Daring football. Excitement. AVB offers none of that and his days were always numbered!

That's no excuse to tweet that pic of him and Ade smiling and gesturing 5-0 between them, that's just macaronic and it just winds us up.

If you look back through Benny's & Ade's twitter accounts you will see they both use the same "gesture" in each of their pics. It is pure coincidence and is being blown massively out of proportion.
He sat with the away fans at Fulham. He's ok by me.

We should punish Ade by putting him in the reserves and leaving him to rot...oh wait...

Ohj come on - you really think they did the hand gesture to mean 5-0? Thats taking it way too far and reading too much into things. They are smiling, which they shouldnt, especially Adebayor as he is a CURRENT player - but it doesnt surprise me as I suspect AVB treated them like ****e.

Ohj come on - you really think they did the hand gesture to mean 5-0? Thats taking it way too far and reading too much into things. They are smiling, which they shouldnt, especially Adebayor as he is a CURRENT player - but it doesnt surprise me as I suspect AVB treated them like ****e.

I'm pretty sure AVB gave Ade a ****pile of chances and Ade still ended up never being available.

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

It is interesting that Capello was there yesterday. Wouldnt be un-Levy like to have the next man there waiting in the wings. Not saying that I want Capello as it would only be a couple year appointment however it is one hell of a coincidence that he was there yesterday

He was commentating for Sky Italia. So maybe it's a Sky conspiracy that he was there.

And by the way, he said the ref was dodgy and that Paulinho should not have been sent off.

Want consistency and stability do you?

The only thing AVB was going to stabilise was our position as a mid-table club. You think we're immune from that? Look at Saudi Sportswashing Machine a decade ago, playing attractive, attacking football, beating a Juventus team that contained the likes of Nedved, Davids, Thuram and Del Piero at their peak in the Champions League, regularly finishing in the top 5 and being an outside bet for the title. Then they bizarrely sacked Robson, and through years of mis-management by Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Kinnear, Keegan and Shearer, they fell to pieces and were relegated. They've done better under Pardew, but they are a mid-table club nonetheless. Villa had a decent team in the late 90s, but were poorly managed for years until Lerner came in and pumped some money into the club and established them as top 6 regulars. When the money dried up and O'Neill's lack of tactical innovatino became apparent, they fell away and are now a mid-table club again. If we had kept AVB we would have ended up this way.

I really don't care if AVB dresses well, comes from an exotic country and uses advanced vocabulary. He was utterly clueless. People criticised Harry's tactical approach for being basic, but basic was a million miles above what AVB served up. Things like "don't play a high line with slow defenders against fast attackers" is something any common mug can tell you, but time after time AVB kept making the same mistakes. I don't care if he came promising to play attacking football, it was excruciating to watch, and no it wasn't because the players weren't clicking with his system, it was because he was leaving Eriksen, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Lamela and Townsend, you know, the guys who can pass the ball, on the bench in in favour of Chadli, Paulinho, Dembele and Sandro.

Rodgers took over Liverpool at the same time AVB took over here. We've finished above Liverpool every year for quite a few years now. They had, for a very long time, been a very boring team to watch. In the same time AVB has had, Rodgers has transformed their style to his attractive, attacking brand and they absolutely dingdonged on us yesterday, the gulf in quality between the two managers was so obvious. No more excuses. Our highest ever points tally last season was impressive if you only looked at the statistics. But if you looked at the performances, there were serious warning signs there. Having arguably the club's best ever player on top form all season helped - if you took out even half of the ridiculous wonder goals he scored last season then we'd have come about 7th. The statistics for a 1-0 win over Sunderland show 3 points. But the reality was we were completely incapable of creating chances against one of the worst teams in the league until 5 minutes from time the best player in the country scores a screamer out of nothing. They say a sign of a great team is one that can win when playing badly, but that's actually the sign of a **** team too. A great team thrashes the opposition when they play well and grinds out a narrow win when they play badly. AVB ground out wins when we played well and got spanked when we played badly. Yes, we're "only" 5 points off 4th. But we were only 5 points off 4th after this many games in 2002, we finished 10th that season.

I said something similar in another thread yesterday, but take Francis' struggles in the transfer market, Gross' media handling skills, Graham's negativity, Hoddle's stubborness, Pleat's tactical cluelessness and Ramos' indecisiveness, merge all the attributes into one dog**** manager and you've got AVB. You can claim all you want that it's not as bad as the days when we had Moussa Saib, Gary Doherty or Jason Dozzell, but in all the time those players played for us, only Francis got beat by 6 goals away from home (once) and only Gross got beat by 5 goals at White Hart Lane (once), and AVB has a far better squad to work with than any of the truly dreadful managers we've appointed in the last 20 years. And for that 6-0 defeat against City, that 5-0 defeat against Liverpool, 3-0 against West Ham, 5-2 against Arsenal etc, how many times have we really turned it on under AVB and ripped somebody to shreds? Francis beat a Man Utd side that won the double that year 4-1, Gross won 6-2 away at Wimbledon in a relegation six pointer, Hoddle beat Chelsea 5-1, Pleat beat Birmingham 4-1 and Wolves 5-2, Ramos beat Arsenal 5-1...I mean even Graham beat Southampton 7-2. With the talents at his disposal, where are AVB's big wins? Villa away was the only one we've had in the league in his entire time here and to put that win into context, they were suffering such a bad form and injury crisis that they'd lost 8-0 to Chelsea a few days earlier...

I grew up watching Tottenham as an awful mid-table side, but at the end of the noughties we finally got our act together and put together a side containing Luka Modric, Gareth Bale, Rafael Van Der Vaart, Niko Kranjcar and Tom Huddlestone that played gorgeous football and delighted both our fans and the neutrals alike. In the year and a half that he's been here, AVB has torn that team to pieces, and if we hadn't acted, would have undone all the good work done over the last decade and taken us back to those dark days. This was Levy's worst appointment at least since Santini, if not the worst of his entire era. I wanted nothing more than for AVB to be successful at Spurs, to rub it in the faces of my Chelsea supporting mates who laughed about their CL win getting Harry sacked...but even as early as pre-season 2012, it felt like the life was being sucked out of Tottenham. Yesterday was so painful to watch, £48 for a ticket, long journey home in the rain, and I work with a load of Liverpool fans...but it was a blessing in disguise as it means that this absolute mug is no longer associated with the club I used to be so proud to support.

Want consistency and stability do you?

The only thing AVB was going to stabilise was our position as a mid-table club. You think we're immune from that? Look at Saudi Sportswashing Machine a decade ago, playing attractive, attacking football, beating a Juventus team that contained the likes of Nedved, Davids, Thuram and Del Piero at their peak in the Champions League, regularly finishing in the top 5 and being an outside bet for the title. Then they bizarrely sacked Robson, and through years of mis-management by Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Kinnear, Keegan and Shearer, they fell to pieces and were relegated. They've done better under Pardew, but they are a mid-table club nonetheless. Villa had a decent team in the late 90s, but were poorly managed for years until Lerner came in and pumped some money into the club and established them as top 6 regulars. When the money dried up and O'Neill's lack of tactical innovatino became apparent, they fell away and are now a mid-table club again. If we had kept AVB we would have ended up this way.

I really don't care if AVB dresses well, comes from an exotic country and uses advanced vocabulary. He was utterly clueless. People criticised Harry's tactical approach for being basic, but basic was a million miles above what AVB served up. Things like "don't play a high line with slow defenders against fast attackers" is something any common mug can tell you, but time after time AVB kept making the same mistakes. I don't care if he came promising to play attacking football, it was excruciating to watch, and no it wasn't because the players weren't clicking with his system, it was because he was leaving Eriksen, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Lamela and Townsend, you know, the guys who can pass the ball, on the bench in in favour of Chadli, Paulinho, Dembele and Sandro.

Rodgers took over Liverpool at the same time AVB took over here. We've finished above Liverpool every year for quite a few years now. They had, for a very long time, been a very boring team to watch. In the same time AVB has had, Rodgers has transformed their style to his attractive, attacking brand and they absolutely dingdonged on us yesterday, the gulf in quality between the two managers was so obvious. No more excuses. Our highest ever points tally last season was impressive if you only looked at the statistics. But if you looked at the performances, there were serious warning signs there. Having arguably the club's best ever player on top form all season helped - if you took out even half of the ridiculous wonder goals he scored last season then we'd have come about 7th. The statistics for a 1-0 win over Sunderland show 3 points. But the reality was we were completely incapable of creating chances against one of the worst teams in the league until 5 minutes from time the best player in the country scores a screamer out of nothing. They say a sign of a great team is one that can win when playing badly, but that's actually the sign of a **** team too. A great team thrashes the opposition when they play well and grinds out a narrow win when they play badly. AVB ground out wins when we played well and got spanked when we played badly. Yes, we're "only" 5 points off 4th. But we were only 5 points off 4th after this many games in 2002, we finished 10th that season.

I said something similar in another thread yesterday, but take Francis' struggles in the transfer market, Gross' media handling skills, Graham's negativity, Hoddle's stubborness, Pleat's tactical cluelessness and Ramos' indecisiveness, merge all the attributes into one dog**** manager and you've got AVB. You can claim all you want that it's not as bad as the days when we had Moussa Saib, Gary Doherty or Jason Dozzell, but in all the time those players played for us, only Francis got beat by 6 goals away from home (once) and only Gross got beat by 5 goals at White Hart Lane (once), and AVB has a far better squad to work with than any of the truly dreadful managers we've appointed in the last 20 years. And for that 6-0 defeat against City, that 5-0 defeat against Liverpool, 3-0 against West Ham, 5-2 against Arsenal etc, how many times have we really turned it on under AVB and ripped somebody to shreds? Francis beat a Man Utd side that won the double that year 4-1, Gross won 6-2 away at Wimbledon in a relegation six pointer, Hoddle beat Chelsea 5-1, Pleat beat Birmingham 4-1 and Wolves 5-2, Ramos beat Arsenal 5-1...I mean even Graham beat Southampton 7-2. With the talents at his disposal, where are AVB's big wins? Villa away was the only one we've had in the league in his entire time here and to put that win into context, they were suffering such a bad form and injury crisis that they'd lost 8-0 to Chelsea a few days earlier...

I grew up watching Tottenham as an awful mid-table side, but at the end of the noughties we finally got our act together and put together a side containing Luka Modric, Gareth Bale, Rafael Van Der Vaart, Niko Kranjcar and Tom Huddlestone that played gorgeous football and delighted both our fans and the neutrals alike. In the year and a half that he's been here, AVB has torn that team to pieces, and if we hadn't acted, would have undone all the good work done over the last decade and taken us back to those dark days. This was Levy's worst appointment at least since Santini, if not the worst of his entire era. I wanted nothing more than for AVB to be successful at Spurs, to rub it in the faces of my Chelsea supporting mates who laughed about their CL win getting Harry sacked...but even as early as pre-season 2012, it felt like the life was being sucked out of Tottenham. Yesterday was so painful to watch, £48 for a ticket, long journey home in the rain, and I work with a load of Liverpool fans...but it was a blessing in disguise as it means that this absolute mug is no longer associated with the club I used to be so proud to support.

A lot of opinion there mate, except for the comments on Rodgers which he deserves, because he's doing a very good job so far.

I was always pro AVB, I really wanted it to work... it all fitted so nicely....

Last season Bale masked what was a horrendous performance week in week out and was only exciting as when Bale was on the ball you knoew something would happen...

This season was never going to be anything other than transitional, but I lived in hope we could do something.

AVB's biggest mistake this season was not capitilising on the Cardiff and Norwich performances. If we played like that even 6/10 games I would be comfortable knowing consistent results are around the corner.
Sadly he regressed, with the performances we are seeing being lucky to win/ shockingly poor and those 3 games being so horrifically bad that there is no way back for him after yesterday, and rightly so.

I used to love going to the lane and watching us on the box. But now I find it tedious and Boring.

Not that I want Harry back, but his team can never be accused of being boring. I want swashbuckling football. Daring football. Excitement. AVB offers none of that and his days were always numbered!

For me, ironically one of the worst team performances was a game we won.
Away at Tiraspol I thought we were a shambles, were it not for the fact they couldnt shoot straight we could have lost 5 or 6-2 that night..to a glorified pub team

I'm pretty sure AVB gave Ade a ****pile of chances and Ade still ended up never being available.

I am not Ade's biggest fan, I think he is a knob who has disrespected this club following the African Nations Cup, but he obviously doesnt think that way hence he has acted the way he has - which I can understand.

As for BAE - I thought how that was handled was disgraceful - I know some may not rate him but he was obviously pushed and I can see why he is happy to have had AVB fired. Especially as, if some have stated, we can bring him back in Jan.

Back