• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

If this is the case then I see no need to blame Sherwood or speculate about if this was the doing of Levy, Lewis, the board, Baldini or Sherwood.

Well i think we can safely say that a powerful person can help unseat matters further…I agree to an extent, speculation of this nature become supermarket tittle-tattle, but it is clearly not without consideration. Of course, the other truth is that AVB didn't help himself. To an extent that is just down to him and whatever weird personality traits he has, as it seemed like when the pressure picked up again this season he could not find a human response. instead he seemed to retreat into himself. I will always wonder whether he had an inability to show some warmth, empathy and 'in-it-together'ness with the players at these times. Little things cost you. Lewis will have ben the final nail in his coffin. He wants it all now. Suddenly...

If Sherwood's influence is that big then I think we should just give him the job and be done with it. He needs to prove why he is so highly rated.

I don't think he's stupid enough to use up his chit on the big job. He wants more long-term, and I think down the line perhaps...

Wonder how long before Mourinho takes a swipe at AVB. He clearly doesn't like or rate him so I expect something witty and nasty from him this week.

Re: Avb done (official)

I've always been one of Levy's biggest supporters but I'm starting to feel this way too.

For a successful businessman he has a terrible understanding of the phrase "long-term plan".

His only redemption will be if he has some real quality lined up - I doubt it though. Most are either at super clubs or, like Klopp, have stated they're unavailable.

Do you not think this one smacks of Lewis?

I think the points AVB has acheived was admirable but I also think its a bit overstated we had a very good squad and would have gotten a good points tally under a number of managers. Not to mention we had a top 5 player in the world last year. His style of football imo was the main issue points aside our style of play has been on a steady decline the end of last season into this season. Results are important but so is style of play and that imo is why his dismissal was warranted.

I'm pretty sure AVB didn't force AVB to get injured for UEFA matches, or spend half his time in Africa, or go to the ACN despite having played terribly for Spurs.

pretty sure still boils down to your gut opinion, one that i dont share as it happens

AVB could have just said that ade was injured, as in he could have been lieing. tom huddlestone pretty much confirmed that it isnt unprecedented for that to happen....its quite possible

and ade is allowed to play for his home country if he wants to, having said that...

when last did he play for his country in the ACN and for how many matches? was he out and unavailable for a loooooong period of time?

nope, i think AVB freezed him out

Re: AVB Sacked page 224

Do you think he would go to WBA? actually do you think WBA would take him

can't see him sticking around in England what with his relationship with the press

I think they'll get Zola.

Yeah thats a good bet.

Galeforce - I think a club like WBA would suit him, less pressure and egos etc. The problem is I think AVB wants a big job and would see himself as too good for WBA

Yeah thats a good bet.

Galeforce - I think a club like WBA would suit him, less pressure and egos etc. The problem is I think AVB wants a big job and would see himself as too good for WBA

Same was said when he took over at Spurs.

"The right club for him"
"No egos, no dressing room leaders"
"Club with potential, manager with vision"
etc.

pretty sure still boils down to your gut opinion, one that i dont share as it happens

AVB could have just said that ade was injured, as in he could have been lieing. tom huddlestone pretty much confirmed that it isnt unprecedented for that to happen....its quite possible

and ade is allowed to play for his home country if he wants to, having said that...

when last did he play for his country in the ACN and for how many matches? was he out and unavailable for a loooooong period of time?

nope, i think AVB freezed him out

If AVB was claiming Ade was injured, he wasn't and he wanted to play, don't you think he'd say something about it?

I think he has to earn the right to take paid leave from the club that paid heavily for his contract and salary. It certainly shouldn't be considered a right to just disappear from your day job every now and then. His performances certainly haven't earned that in my eyes.

And he's played for Spurs quite a lot since failing to play in the UEFA/disappearing to the ACN. So if he's been frozen out it's only been since not turning up for pre-season this summer.

Same was said when he took over at Spurs.

"The right club for him"
"No egos, no dressing room leaders"
"Club with potential, manager with vision"
etc.

AVB would struggle even more at a club like West Brom. For two reasons.

1. You may not have players who genuinely think they're the best thing since sliced bread and that think they know it all. But you do have "egos" in the sense that you'll get young men earning £30k a week, who have realised they're never going to be at the very elite in the Premiership yet can still drive Ferraris, have girls throw themselves at them and get into any VIP area of any nightclub. It's not as simple as it sounds to keep these players motivated and not go out drinking the whole time.

2. You don't have world class players that can win you games on their own. Which kind of means that, if like AVB you can get tactically outwitted by Stevie Wonder, you're in big trouble.

AVB won't get another job in England. At least not for a while.

Said after the West Ham game we need to write of this season. Cant lose 3-0 to west ham and then City 6-0. He was so far out of his depth. We need a manager with experience. AVB undid all of Redknapps work and whilst I am sad for him, I do not think he would have taken us far. Lets face it Bale saved him last year.

Good luck AVB as he seemed a nice guy, just tactically inept.

Said after the West Ham game we need to write of this season. Cant lose 3-0 to west ham and then City 6-0. He was so far out of his depth. We need a manager with experience. AVB undid all of Redknapps work and whilst I am sad for him, I do not think he would have taken us far. Lets face it Bale saved him last year.

Good luck AVB as he seemed a nice guy, just tactically inept.

Bale saved him as much as he ruined him.

We were playing good stuff in the early stages in my view, not overly exciting end to end attacking power like under Redknapp, but we pressed magnificently and we didnt have problems scoring goals. Suddenly, Bale turned into a star and our aim seemed to be just get the ball to Bale and let him win us the game.

Back