• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: Avb done (official)

I guess we'll see against West Ham wheter the players wanted him out by their reaction.

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

Rodgers was holding out for the Spurs job but couldn't wait long enough to see if we sacked Redknapp or if he left for England - so went Liverpool as it was too good of an opportunity to turn down

We did not offer him the job and we did not get rejected by him.

It is interesting that Capello was there yesterday. Wouldnt be un-Levy like to have the next man there waiting in the wings. Not saying that I want Capello as it would only be a couple year appointment however it is one hell of a coincidence that he was there yesterday

Rodgers was holding out for the Spurs job but couldn't wait long enough to see if we sacked Redknapp or if he left for England - so went Liverpool as it was too good of an opportunity to turn down

We did not offer him the job and we did not get rejected by him.

I think this is a far more likely scenario

Sad thought.

I'm happy with Levy's decision to sack AVB, I just hope the next manager gets us back in the top 4. Di Matteo anyone?

Di Matteo is not a bad shout . He does have a CL win on his CV and also did well at WBA . We also know he wouldn't jump ship to Chelsea should he do well with us .

this, really had no choice we have been so dire this season. Results not the worst but not the Tottenham way at all

With that proposed move to take the club out of Tottenham off the field and a complete move away from attacking football on the field, we really need to get back to what our club stands for.

Im starting to feel a complete apathy towards football now. Im sick of the sugar daddies, im sick of it always feeling like we get no luck. Im sick of us constantly rebuilding. Sick of the same teams winnning everything and everything being geared to help them repeat that success. The same teams over and over in the last 16 of the champions league every damn year. The complete crapness of the Europa league and the CL dropouts coming into it when they have done crap in the main Competition. Sick of Fifa and their back handers. Sick of divers and playacting.

Saying all that of course i will still follow my team. Thats the damn problem. Its like an crack addiction i cant give up even though almost all parts of it are wrong, corrupt or pre-determined. the whole set up is just wrong.

I guess we'll see against West Ham wheter the players wanted him out by their reaction.

We almost certainly won't unfortunately.

Regression to mean suggests that it is incredibly unlikely that we will play worse than yesterday no matter who is in charge.

Di Matteo is not a bad shout . He does have a CL win on his CV and also did well at WBA . We also know he wouldn't jump ship to Chelsea should he do well with us .

I'm not very good at detecting sarcasm on the internet, so can you please clarify for me?

We almost certainly won't unfortunately.

Regression to mean suggests that it is incredibly unlikely that we will play worse than yesterday no matter who is in charge.

This. And I think it's likely we'll see a team not too far removed from that which lost at the weekend.

I'm not very good at detecting sarcasm on the internet, so can you please clarify for me?

Midfield Maestro threw in Di Matteo's name into the hat and I said , yes that's not a bad shout as he has won a Champs League . I mean, we hired a Europa League winner so why not a Champs League winner?

Midfield Maestro threw in Di Matteo's name into the hat and I said , yes that's not a bad shout as he has won a Champs League . I mean, we hired a Europa League winner so why not a Champs League winner?

I thought people didn't want defensive football. Did anyone see DM's Chelsea? It was like watching Stoke minus the talent.

He was excellent as Chelsea manager in his achievements, but had a very lucky run in the Champions League. I'm unconvinced, even if I can see that he does have his merits.

article-0-1A20240C00000578-908_634x853.jpg

Ade and BEA posed after last night's 5-0 drubbing. Looks like they enjoyed it....

Im sure it was not intentional but the fact they are smiling and their fingers add up to 5 and ades thumb also makes a zero ****s me off.

Yep, that and the fact that neither are good enough to be first team regulars anyway.

Yup. I still don't get the love in for Adebayor that a few people have here. All I remember is how he conspired to continually miss easy chances last season. Air kick v West Ham, missed an open goal against Sunderland. I hope we move him on soon.

Im sure it was not intentional but the fact they are smiling and their fingers add up to 5 and ades thumb also makes a zero ****s me off.

And it has been that 'coincidence' which has particularly been under scrutiny.

He had a worse ppg than AVB at Chelsea and was the luckiest manager in the history of the champions league.

No thank you

Back