• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

Are these games he's cost us listed in this thread somewhere?

You guys are so ****ing funny.

Do you expect every one of our squad players to be this cultured, technically gifted world class player? Get a grip. A squad is not about having 25 such players but a mixture, a combination of different types of players who when fit together make up a great squad. You cant have four Ledley Kings at the back for example, you need to have those blood and thunder type players mixed in.

The composition of the skill set of our squad is important and that composition encompasses players like Dawson whilst having someone like Chichires

Blimey.

Cracking post. It ain't Dawson's fault we are not scoring goals.

Wow at how many people are just looking at the table and actually believe we are doing well in 6th - we have just spent over 100 million on players who the manager is failing to deploy appropriately. We lack fluidity, pace and quick thinking. You are burying your heads in the sand.
On Wednesday we were second best to a very poor side for large periods of the game. They managed to play the ball quickly and accurately to their forwards and but for the post and some great goalkeeping would have at the very least earned a well deserved draw.

In contrast we laboured, yes we had some chances but these were not carved out thanks to incisive, smart play really were they? This imo is what the problem is - the manager's capabilities cannot stretch this far. Defoe? Soldado? It doesn't matter which plays, they are both looking ineffective in a team that cannot get the ball up to them quickly.

We will lose again on our travels playing like we did on Wednesday night. It's going to happen and I think you all know it.

Wow at how many people are just looking at the table and actually believe we are doing well in 6th - we have just spent over 100 million on players who the manager is failing to deploy appropriately. We lack fluidity, pace and quick thinking. You are burying your heads in the sand.
On Wednesday we were second best to a very poor side for large periods of the game. They managed to play the ball quickly and accurately to their forwards and but for the post and some great goalkeeping would have at the very least earned a well deserved draw.

In contrast we laboured, yes we had some chances but these were not carved out thanks to incisive, smart play really were they? This imo is what the problem is - the manager's capabilities cannot stretch this far. Defoe? Soldado? It doesn't matter which plays, they are both looking ineffective in a team that cannot get the ball up to them quickly.

We will lose again on our travels playing like we did on Wednesday night. It's going to happen and I think you all know it.

What would you have done and what will you do?

I sympathise with your emotion but not your conclusion.

We will scrape a win against the mackems and not thrill in the Euro and win again. After the Liverpool game we will see where we are.

Dawson is one of us however at times he is counter active to the possession game. 50% of those nice cross field passes/long balls he hits aren't useful (especially when chipped long to a marked Lennon). Some are bloody amazing when he spots the right man in space, but with others he simply gifts the opposition possession. As a defender I like him, even if he does get done for pace occasionaly, however he is not getting any younger and looking for/finding a suitable successor to play alongside Chiriches/Vertonghen is necessary.

I read Engineering. There were a number of people on my course who ended up with degrees who whilst not being "thick" exactly, could hardly be mistaken for thinkers either.

Perhaps not, but I also happen to know someone who taught him (a well-known aerodynamicist), so I have it first-hand that he is actually quite bright.

I almost couldn't bring myself to respond to the hysteria but I thought I would anyway.

One thing we certainly do not lack is pace, for a start.

Why is it that Fulham deserved a well earned draw, while that we laboured? That's really unfair on us. They gave us a tough game and we did brilliantly to come away with the result.

Are these games he's cost us listed in this thread somewhere?

Walker has cost the team far more games than Dawson, so I find the attacks on him amusing. Clearly there arent many 14 year old members of this board with Dawson's poster on their bedroom wall.

Walker has cost the team far more games than Dawson, so I find the attacks on him amusing. Clearly there arent many 14 year old members of this board with Dawson's poster on their bedroom wall.

Just so we're clear are you talking about this season, the time under AVB or in total across their Spurs careers?

the last match being the game where we won away to Fulham?

Havent you asked me this before? Take your pick. How about the last match?

You mean the one where the only goal we conceded came after Dawson played an inaccurate pass that Paulinho failed to keep hold of and Fulham broke through to score on the break?

I might have asked you before, but I can't remember your answer. Seems like a fairly easy question to answer, was just trying to get you to clarify your opinion. Nevermind if it's too much to ask.

Anyone who saw the Emirates Marketing Project game just now...they couldn't keep possession, couldn't find their strikers, couldn't create good chances etc etc etc.

Every team has their issues, even supposed title favourites.

Anyone who saw the Emirates Marketing Project game just now...they couldn't keep possession, couldn't find their strikers, couldn't create good chances etc etc etc.

Every team has their issues, even supposed title favourites.

Didn't see game, but I am getting the distinct impression that City are getting by on sheer talent of their squad, not because of anything Pellegrini is doing. I could be wrong on that, but I don't sense he's pulling up trees there.

Back