• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Well, comparing performances from Harry's Spurs v AVBs Spurs. Its fairly obvious which manager set the team up correctly and had a system that allowed us to attack effectively while also work hard as a unit to make sure we were solid at the back. One manager dominated possession while one relies on us soaking up pressure and then counter attacking - but the obvious issue being we are so tired from chasing the other team we are consistently brick in the 2nd half. I dont see any evidence that Harry is not a tactical manager while AVB is.

Im sure AVB has some good ideas, but he doesnt have the complete picture as Harry did. Im sure AVB will get to the end of the season with us, whether he keeps his job will be down to how much he has learnt from his early mistakes and changes them. Can we loan out AVB to a lower league team and get him back in 5 years time ?

And I dont know how any of the AVB camp can bring up 5-2 away to Arsenal when we just got done 4-2 at home to Chelsea. Once in 4 years we conceded 4 at home in the league, AVB did it in 4 games. Again not something i'd have mentioned until the anti harry lot start bringing out 'few and far between' incidents as if they were normal.

First of all, you and your 'camps'...it's the likes of you who 'create' camps and love doing so. The only camp most of us are in, is the Spurs camp. as for your second comment, what does that mean? Do i need to now go back and rattle off the amount of goal concessions in defeat we had under Harry? As for your comparison with the arse match last season and chelski home this season, come on, you have to be better than that. Do you really want me to break down the pattern of each game again? The time of the goals? 'Anti-'...'Pro...'...are you 'Anti' AVB then? Is that how we should frame you? if not, take your advice of earlier...

I agree that Harry was tactical and peoples perception of him not being tactical are far way off. I disagree though that AVB isnt tactical I just think he is TOO tactical and he is stubborn which means not only does he give the players too many instructions (rigidity) but also he is too stubborn to change his tactics alas Man bricky. Im generalising here and i am assuming a bit here but none of us know what truly is going on so we are all basing it on assumptions (although calculated)

What I meant is that people are claiming Harry wasnt very tactical (despite everything we did pointing to the opposite) while AVB is - So I'm saying if you dont think Harry did tactics then how can you think AVB is. I would have thought that anyone in the camp that thought Harry was poor would also think AVB is poor in that area.

As it happens I think AVB has a lot more potential as a manager than my previous posts on him would make it seem. But when I post I try and forget any pre-conceived idea and post my opinion on what has happened so far. And so far its really poor from AVB IMO. And equally poor are the excuses people are making for him, its either "injuries" or "oh but Harry did this once". I dont see what is wrong with the AVB fans just saying "ok I think we'll come good, but this is brick so far".

Can't be bothered to reply to everyone individually since I last posted in this thread, but to sum up my feelings based on the general vibe:

The way some of you are going on you'd have thought we'd just sold Messi, Iniesta and Xavi and replaced them with Rasiak, Dozzell and Acimovic. Of course it wasn't going to be easy losing Modric, Van Der Vaart and King, but FFS it's not like a) we haven't got any good attacking players left and b) we're the only team that has ever had to deal with this.

There are a lot of parallels of us now and Arsenal last season...both teams had been in the title race the year before but slumped massively at the end of February and slipped down to 4th (us on 69 points, them on 68 points). We had had great success with Modric, Van Der Vaart and Parker in central midfield the previous season, but now we'd sold the first two and the latter has been injured. They had had Fabregas, Nasri and Wheelchair in the previous season, now the first two had been sold and the latter injured. They started badly last season, but at no point were they anywhere near as bad at creating chances as we have been at times this season. By this point in the season, they had more points than we have now as well as more goals.

They're also not the only team that has coped with losing players too. Look at Fulham under Martin Jol. Dembele, Dempsey, Murphy, Johnson and Pogrebnyak all gone from last season, yet they're still the league's second top goalscorers and are only 4 points off Champions League. How exactly has he had it any easier than AVB has? How has he managed to cope with the loss of all his best players and yet still put together a balanced side playing attractive, attacking football? It's not like we've lost all our good players - a team with Bale, Lennon, Adebayor, Defoe, Sigurdsson and Huddlestone should be able to create chances, it really is that simple.

The "run around a bit" quote that Harry said about Pavlyuchenko was a stick people used to beat him with as being a poor tactician. Sometimes, being a good tactician means keeping it simple. It means giving good players the licence to express themselves and enjoy their football. In the first half of the 09/10 season, before we'd signed Van Der Vaart and Parker, when Bale was the reserve left-back and when Modric had broken his leg, was our squad any better than it is now? Any genuinely better attacking players? Yet we still managed to stick 9 past Wigan, 5 past Burnley and thrashed Emirates Marketing Project who were supposed to beat us into 4th place that year 3-0. He achieved this because he (almost) always looked at the best set of players he had available to him and picked a balanced team to get the job done, a balanced team of players who were allowed to be creative and unpredictable in their play. He sometimes didn't use his substitutions well, but generally they would made sense, even if I didn't always agree with the decision. With AVB? Most of the time I sit there wondering what he's been smoking when he makes his substitutions.

Those of you saying I should have more patience, did you show the same faith in Pleat and Gross after their bad starts? Were you saying "Oh leave poor Christian alone, we sold Sheringham in the summer and his fitness coach couldn't get a work permit. I know we just lost 6-1 at home to Chelsea, I know the players all hate him, I know he's signed Moussa Saib, but come on, give him time". Were you saying "Leave poor David alone, he's trying to get the team used to playing 4-4-2 again after getting used to 3-5-2 under Hoddle, it's not his fault that we don't have a defensive midfielder, and I know that he keeps starting Poyet and Anderton who have a combined age of about 70 in central midfield and ends games we are losing with seven defenders on the pitch, but come on, give him time." Because that's certainly not the way I remember people thinking. There's always going to be excuses that a manager has, it's up to you to see what are genuine mitigating circumstances and give him the benefit of the doubt, and what is just a get-out clause when things go wrong.

Liverpool are behind us in the league. But at least you can see the effect Rodgers has had on them, they are playing attractive, attacking football for the first time in fudge knows how long, they just lack the cutting edge required because they didn't sign a striker in the summer. I am absolutely baffled as to what effect AVB has supposedly had on our team. Results are worse, we are creating less chances, we are letting in more goals and White Hart Lane is no longer the fortress that it used to be. Ok, we started quickly against Man Utd and he gave a good half-time team talk against Chelsea. What else has he done that Gross, Pleat, Graham, Francis, Santini or any of the other mugs who managed our club wouldn't have also been able to do given the same resources?

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction. Read through my posts after every game we've dropped points in this season, I've highlighted clear and obvious things that AVB has got wrong in every game that we haven't won bar Saudi Sportswashing Machine away. Like I've said before, I don't mind the manager making the odd mistake, I don't even mind them making a huge mistake if they learn from it. What I can't accept is a manager who makes huge mistakes week in week out and doesn't learn. So those of you who think I'm fickle, lacking patience, or just plain stupid for wanting him out, please explain to me:

1. Why the fudge he thought it would be a good idea to play Gallas at RB on the weekend
2. Especially considering he had a proper RB on the bench
3. Why he continues to start Gallas in the first place despite being brick week in week out
4. Why Dempsey played 90 minutes on the weekend despite playing like Jason Dozzell, and when we had Sigurdsson on the bench
5. Why Dempsey keeps starting despite doing fudge all every game
6. Why we didn't have any wingers on the bench on Sunday despite having Towsend and Falque available
7. Why he always takes too long to make substitutions
8. Why he continually substitutes attacking players, hands the momentum to the opposition and prays they won't score, despite them doing so over and over again
9. Why he thinks our players won't get tired in the league games if he doesn't rotate the squad for European games
10. Why he thinks anyone outside of Portugal gives a flying fudge about the Europa League anyway
11. Why he substitutes Adebayor when the players are hoofing long balls upfield the whole time
12. Why he so adamantly sticks to his "system" instead of the formation that provides us with the best chance of winning the game
13. Why he substituted Defoe against Wigan
14. Why he won't play Sigurdsson in the hole behind a big CF like Ade, clearly his best position
15. Why he has played two defensive midfielders with a midget striker on his own up front, at home, against teams defending deep
16. Why he creates this persona as a tactical mastermind who prepares his players tactically for every individual game, yet when Bale's missus went into labour moments before the game he put Dempsey on the wing instead of the like-for-like switch in Townsend
17. Why he watched Falque actually look like the sort of player we've been crying out for this season in his only appearance and then never use him again
18. Why he made the decision to sign Dempsey instead of a proper striker

I'm sure there's more but I can't be bothered to think of more things now as it's late and I want to go to bed and this is depressing me. My point remains the same, he lets me down every week with diabolical tactical decisions that lead to brick football and dropped points - as a result, I want him gone. No further justification necessary.

:eek:

First of all, you and your 'camps'...it's the likes of you who 'create' camps and love doing so. The only camp most of us are in, is the Spurs camp. as for your second comment, what does that mean? Do i need to now go back and rattle off the amount of goal concessions in defeat we had under Harry? As for your comparison with the arse match last season and chelski home this season, come on, you have to be better than that. Do you really want me to break down the pattern of each game again? The time of the goals? 'Anti-'...'Pro...'...are you 'Anti' AVB then? Is that how we should frame you? if not, take your advice of earlier...

Whats wrong ? There are camps. There are clearly people who hated Harry. There are people who clearly wont let AVB be criticised. There is nothing wrong with camps, its always to be expected in debate. However what I do find wrong are the comments people in certain camps are making. In fact I find it absolutely ridiculous that people have joined the pro-AVB camp so early, I'd say at the moment these people should be in a "lets wait and see" camp. Whats he done that means he is exempt from criticism.

As for the comparison, as stated it was more of a argument against one off examples that we keep seeing. Going 2 nil up away and getting hammered every week wasn't a regular feature in Harrys time, so why mention it ? Just the same as I dont expect to see going 2-1 up at home and losing 4-2 a regular feature in AVBs time, but its happened very early. So lets stick to general patterns rather than "oh but back in 2009 we got hammered in game X". My point is that people are talking about that hammering while AVB has already had one himself ! In fact people are mentioning quite a lot of incidents from a 4 year spell that have already been matched by AVB in a 15 game spell. Over 4 years I'd expect you can find an example of every manager in the world making mistakes.

Last edited:
Whats wrong ? There are camps. There are clearly people who hated Harry. There are people who clearly wont let AVB be criticised. There is nothing wrong with camps, its always to be expected in debate. However what I do find wrong are the comments people in certain camps are making. In fact I find it absolutely ridiculous that people have joined the pro-AVB camp so early, I'd say at the moment these people should be in a "lets wait and see" camp. Whats he done that means he is exempt from criticism.

As for the comparison, as stated it was more of a argument against one off examples that we keep seeing. Going 2 nil up away and getting hammered every week wasn't a regular feature in Harrys time, so why mention it ? Just the same as I dont expect to see going 2-1 up at home and losing 4-2 a regular feature in AVBs time, but its happened very early. So lets stick to general patterns rather than "oh but back in 2009 we got hammered in game X". My point is that people are talking about that hammering while AVB has already had one himself ! In fact people are mentioning quite a lot of incidents from a 4 year spell that have already been matched by AVB in a 15 game spell. Over 4 years I'd expect you can find an example of every manager in the world making mistakes.

Well fair enough. To be fair, a post worthy of discussion for sure, and some decent points. But I high-lit one to respond to mate.
It's where our most fundamental difference lies.
I believe in hurling support towards him right now, giving him as much benefit of the doubt as I can, and singing as loudly as I can when I'm at matches. I don't want to spend my life waiting and seeing mate, I want to offer as much support as I can. Of course I haven't been as entertained this season, I'm not Helen Keller FFS, but I am equally viewing the glass as half full. I can argue and provide context, etc, etc, but really, I'd rather try and support the man as much as I can. He's managing my beloved Spurs, What I WILL say is that Chelski, in performance, was NOT a hammering and the 4th goal came at the end of added time and from an individual error not a tactical blunder. But whatever...we have discovered our main difference! Huzzah! I think we're just different people in life, and you know what mate, that's allllll good!

COYS

Can't be bothered to reply to everyone individually since I last posted in this thread, but to sum up my feelings based on the general vibe:

The way some of you are going on you'd have thought we'd just sold Messi, Iniesta and Xavi and replaced them with Rasiak, Dozzell and Acimovic. Of course it wasn't going to be easy losing Modric, Van Der Vaart and King, but FFS it's not like a) we haven't got any good attacking players left and b) we're the only team that has ever had to deal with this.

There are a lot of parallels of us now and Arsenal last season...both teams had been in the title race the year before but slumped massively at the end of February and slipped down to 4th (us on 69 points, them on 68 points). We had had great success with Modric, Van Der Vaart and Parker in central midfield the previous season, but now we'd sold the first two and the latter has been injured. They had had Fabregas, Nasri and Wheelchair in the previous season, now the first two had been sold and the latter injured. They started badly last season, but at no point were they anywhere near as bad at creating chances as we have been at times this season. By this point in the season, they had more points than we have now as well as more goals.

They're also not the only team that has coped with losing players too. Look at Fulham under Martin Jol. Dembele, Dempsey, Murphy, Johnson and Pogrebnyak all gone from last season, yet they're still the league's second top goalscorers and are only 4 points off Champions League. How exactly has he had it any easier than AVB has? How has he managed to cope with the loss of all his best players and yet still put together a balanced side playing attractive, attacking football? It's not like we've lost all our good players - a team with Bale, Lennon, Adebayor, Defoe, Sigurdsson and Huddlestone should be able to create chances, it really is that simple.

The "run around a bit" quote that Harry said about Pavlyuchenko was a stick people used to beat him with as being a poor tactician. Sometimes, being a good tactician means keeping it simple. It means giving good players the licence to express themselves and enjoy their football. In the first half of the 09/10 season, before we'd signed Van Der Vaart and Parker, when Bale was the reserve left-back and when Modric had broken his leg, was our squad any better than it is now? Any genuinely better attacking players? Yet we still managed to stick 9 past Wigan, 5 past Burnley and thrashed Emirates Marketing Project who were supposed to beat us into 4th place that year 3-0. He achieved this because he (almost) always looked at the best set of players he had available to him and picked a balanced team to get the job done, a balanced team of players who were allowed to be creative and unpredictable in their play. He sometimes didn't use his substitutions well, but generally they would made sense, even if I didn't always agree with the decision. With AVB? Most of the time I sit there wondering what he's been smoking when he makes his substitutions.

Those of you saying I should have more patience, did you show the same faith in Pleat and Gross after their bad starts? Were you saying "Oh leave poor Christian alone, we sold Sheringham in the summer and his fitness coach couldn't get a work permit. I know we just lost 6-1 at home to Chelsea, I know the players all hate him, I know he's signed Moussa Saib, but come on, give him time". Were you saying "Leave poor David alone, he's trying to get the team used to playing 4-4-2 again after getting used to 3-5-2 under Hoddle, it's not his fault that we don't have a defensive midfielder, and I know that he keeps starting Poyet and Anderton who have a combined age of about 70 in central midfield and ends games we are losing with seven defenders on the pitch, but come on, give him time." Because that's certainly not the way I remember people thinking. There's always going to be excuses that a manager has, it's up to you to see what are genuine mitigating circumstances and give him the benefit of the doubt, and what is just a get-out clause when things go wrong.

Liverpool are behind us in the league. But at least you can see the effect Rodgers has had on them, they are playing attractive, attacking football for the first time in fudge knows how long, they just lack the cutting edge required because they didn't sign a striker in the summer. I am absolutely baffled as to what effect AVB has supposedly had on our team. Results are worse, we are creating less chances, we are letting in more goals and White Hart Lane is no longer the fortress that it used to be. Ok, we started quickly against Man Utd and he gave a good half-time team talk against Chelsea. What else has he done that Gross, Pleat, Graham, Francis, Santini or any of the other mugs who managed our club wouldn't have also been able to do given the same resources?

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction. Read through my posts after every game we've dropped points in this season, I've highlighted clear and obvious things that AVB has got wrong in every game that we haven't won bar Saudi Sportswashing Machine away. Like I've said before, I don't mind the manager making the odd mistake, I don't even mind them making a huge mistake if they learn from it. What I can't accept is a manager who makes huge mistakes week in week out and doesn't learn.

Right, Jordinho's already made a measured response to your 18 points, so I'll just focus on the first half.

Firstly, no it's not like we've sold Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. What we have done is sell the most two of the most technically gifted and creative players we've had this decade (Modric and VdV) and replaced them with Moussa Dembele, who has been injured for this entire iffy run we've had, and Gylfi Sigurdsson/Clint Dempsey, both of whom have been woeful, and in no way mask the shortfall of attacking flair we have in our side post Rafa. We have some great wingers, and we have some great strikers. To supply them, you need inventive, creative midfielders. Dempsey is not one of those. Sigurdsson doesn't appear to be one either. Hudd is our only first-team player who can pick out a through pass for our wingers or strikers to run on to, and he's labouring for fitness and match practice, so his effectiveness is still limited. Dembele's the only one in our current squad capable of making space for our wingers and strikers to operate in, and that's more down to his ability to hold on to the ball while running at pace than his passing. Now, we could have the best orthodox wingers and strikes in the world, but they've still played most of their careers as out and out strikers and wingers. They won't magically start creating chances overnight. Bale and Lennon won't become playmakers, and neither will Defoe. Ade's the only one capable of doing that, and he's still coming back from injury.

So what do we have? Wingers running down the outside, strikers cutting inside, and a tendency to use the counter-attack as a basis for our play. based on our personnel, it seems about right.

Secondly, Fulham bought Berbatov, who is in a class of his own, and are playing under Jol, a man who's been there for a year, and has had time to implement his style of play. Remember Fulham's iffy start to last season, when Jol was still new to the job?

Our 09/10 side played with freedom. Harry's tactics are to let the players play. In 09/10, after we'd finished eighth, teams attacked us; they didn't sit back and try to nick one on the counter, they thought they could get something and went for it. And in that kind of game, Harry was king, because the lack of a clear game plan meant the opposing side had no clear ideas on how to actually contain the threat we posed. We played with freedom, and endeavor, and we scored bucket-loads, because we were allowed to play. It was around that time that Azza also had arguably his best spell of form during his time at Spurs, because he could run into space and devastate opposing defences. However, once teams picked up the fact that we were a dangerous team to go head-to-head against, they tightened up and went defensive. And that's when Harry was found wanting. He could'nt come up with a way to unlock the opposition defence beyond stuffing all the creative players we had into one lineup and sending them out there. During this period, we began to rely heavily on the creativity of Modric and VdV to see us through.

Now both of those men are gone, their replacements are either injured or unable to make up the shortfall, and the result is what you see; a team used to letting its creative players dictate everything being forced to try to beat opponents without said creative lynch-pins. And the results are clear to see.

Thirdly, no-one hates AVB. Not one player (except maybe Lloris) seems even remotely unhappy with him. Even Daws, who was marked for sale by Andre, is still behind him. So he's already better than Gross in that regard. Pleat made mistakes AVB wouldn't have made in a million years. We looked utterly rudderless under Pleat; at the very least, we look better than that shambles. As far as tactical decisions go, AVB's big ones have been pushing Bale and Lennon up slightly and trying to see out leads. Hardly ripping it up and starting anew.

White Hart Lane isn't a fortress; well, shoot. If you expect everything to stay the same after the upheaval we've had, you are the most demanding fan in the world. Also, it would help if the fans got behind the team a bit more, wouldn' t you say? As for AVB's win against United, all the other mugs we've had in charge for about a decade haven't managed to do that.

Overall, your grievances are a bit overblown. AVB's not the clueless young fool you paint him out to be, Harry wasn't the masterful laissez-faire coach you seem to think he was, the squad isn't as dangerous as you think it is (not without Dembele, anyway), AVB hasn't changed the tactics as much as you think he has and overall, your expectations of what can be done with this squad, at this time, in these circumstances, are a bit far-fetched.

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction. Read through my posts after every game we've dropped points in this season, I've highlighted clear and obvious things that AVB has got wrong in every game that we haven't won bar Saudi Sportswashing Machine away. Like I've said before, I don't mind the manager making the odd mistake, I don't even mind them making a huge mistake if they learn from it. What I can't accept is a manager who makes huge mistakes week in week out and doesn't learn. So those of you who think I'm fickle, lacking patience, or just plain stupid for wanting him out, please explain to me:

1. Why the fudge he thought it would be a good idea to play Gallas at RB on the weekend
2. Especially considering he had a proper RB on the bench
3. Why he continues to start Gallas in the first place despite being brick week in week out
4. Why Dempsey played 90 minutes on the weekend despite playing like Jason Dozzell, and when we had Sigurdsson on the bench
5. Why Dempsey keeps starting despite doing fudge all every game
6. Why we didn't have any wingers on the bench on Sunday despite having Towsend and Falque available
7. Why he always takes too long to make substitutions
8. Why he continually substitutes attacking players, hands the momentum to the opposition and prays they won't score, despite them doing so over and over again
9. Why he thinks our players won't get tired in the league games if he doesn't rotate the squad for European games
10. Why he thinks anyone outside of Portugal gives a flying fudge about the Europa League anyway
11. Why he substitutes Adebayor when the players are hoofing long balls upfield the whole time
12. Why he so adamantly sticks to his "system" instead of the formation that provides us with the best chance of winning the game
13. Why he substituted Defoe against Wigan
14. Why he won't play Sigurdsson in the hole behind a big CF like Ade, clearly his best position
15. Why he has played two defensive midfielders with a midget striker on his own up front, at home, against teams defending deep
16. Why he creates this persona as a tactical mastermind who prepares his players tactically for every individual game, yet when Bale's missus went into labour moments before the game he put Dempsey on the wing instead of the like-for-like switch in Townsend
17. Why he watched Falque actually look like the sort of player we've been crying out for this season in his only appearance and then never use him again
18. Why he made the decision to sign Dempsey instead of a proper striker

I'm sure there's more but I can't be bothered to think of more things now as it's late and I want to go to bed and this is depressing me. My point remains the same, he lets me down every week with diabolical tactical decisions that lead to brick football and dropped points - as a result, I want him gone. No further justification necessary.

It's funny that you mention the parrallels with Arsenal of last season - perhaps it'd be wise of you to go back and check their results and performances fom the start of the season and see how long it took them to 'get over' losing fabregas and Nasri - to save you the effort it was their worst start to a season in decades and Wenger was under severe pressure from the supporters as they were playing like brick AND not picking up points. Key differences between their start and ours being - no change of manager to content with and RVP dragging them through through games, whilst we have been stuck with one injury free foreard in the squad who isn't particularly suited to playing on his own.

id pick apart the rest of what you say but it'd be a waste of my time seeings as you've clearly already made up your mind on the matter.

Last edited:
11 lge games and we get football versions of War and Peace, i despair at all the knee-jerk reactions to 11 lge games. :(

11 lge games and we get football versions of War and Peace, i despair at all the knee-jerk reactions to 11 lge games. :(

:lol:

Someone on RAWK said:
The last hour or so of this thread is a joke. i was going to lock it and clear it out but as someone said maybe it's worth leaving up so we can have a laugh at the kneejerking after eleven games some time in the future.

They were even having a debate on whether the best fans are those that blindly support the manager (Hodgson excluded) or those that dare point out the negatives. It did get locked in the end.

This is it for me. I'm all for giving him time, but some people are very, very defensive when it comes to ANY criticism of AVB. We all love Spurs at the end of the day and we want what's best for the club so you can't blame people for being skeptical based on what we've seen so far. Forget what happened at Chelsea, lets just focus on the job AVB is doing at Spurs. His cautious style of play hasn't got us very far, we've only had 1 clean sheet all season.

AVB needs to seriously make a winning mentality throughout the team - it's clear Gallas is his main man on the pitch (is Gallas even older than him ? Friedel is), but he has got to make all the others feel like winners, dominant forces over each patch of their part of the pitch. And he has to be positive.

We go ahead at OT and Emirates Marketing Project, we should keep pushing forward - when we play at home we should be positive. We don't seem to be prone to big losses like were last season, but his toughest job is to make us play with freedom and fun when we were winning - without forgetting our defensive duties.

He does need a playmaker, a very high level one like modders - levy needs to get moutinho. It will help our movement and create more spaces and chances. Imagine if he had modders and berba, King and woody all fit. We'd be frighteningly good IMO, all have a winners mentality

AVB needs to seriously make a winning mentality throughout the team - it's clear Gallas is his main man on the pitch (is Gallas even older than him ? Friedel is), but he has got to make all the others feel like winners, dominant forces over each patch of their part of the pitch. And he has to be positive.

We go ahead at OT and Emirates Marketing Project, we should keep pushing forward - when we play at home we should be positive. We don't seem to be prone to big losses like were last season, but his toughest job is to make us play with freedom and fun when we were winning - without forgetting our defensive duties.

He does need a playmaker, a very high level one like modders - levy needs to get moutinho. It will help our movement and create more spaces and chances. Imagine if he had modders and berba, King and woody all fit. We'd be frighteningly good IMO, all have a winners mentality

Sunday's defeat quite simply came down to not having the players necessary to see it through. Hudd was off his game. Verts filling in at LB, tiring. Mancini saw this and made one of the cleverer subs I've seen this season. If we had a midfielder on the itch who could keep possession, we'd have seen it through and possibly nicked a second IMO. Carroll should've been on, and I do think he should've brought Defoe on when they went 3 at the back for Dempsey. Further (and I only just considered this option so no criticism for AVB here, especially as it might be a brick idea LOL) but when maicon came on and played at left midfield as a wing-back with 3 at the back for them, dropping Bale to left-back and placing Verts in the center might've been a very very smart move. I think Bale still had the beating of Maicon, he certainly would've been tighter on him, and had he broken from there, he'd have had some space to go into...with JD and Ade on the pitch and a breaking Bale against a back three, you'd have a very good chance of scoring IMHO...still, we'll never know...

Its simple.

Lets try and win games not just try not to lose them.

Bring back the entertainment. Turgidocity aint working.

I accept we have key players missing (and didnt get other potential ones) but it is the attitude of mind that is so depressing at the moment.

I am prepared to give AVB time, but I just want to be entertained. At the moment I am not being entertained but rather being kicked in the gut on a regular basis.

Please please please can AVB note the Tottenham motto "To dare is to do" and act accordingly.

I want the manner of performance to improve and to have a team to be proud of. Moyes, on much smaller resourses and much inferior players, (even compared to the ones we have uninjured) has created a great team ethos and never say die approch which has paid dividends. We could do worse than take a leaf out of their book in this regard.

Back