• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2015/16 Europa League - Round of 16: Borussia Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that thinks if we as a league was tips lose the coefficient rating that UEFA would simply change the rules?!?!

The sponsors want the biggest teams and simply put we have some of the biggest teams in our league and UEFA pander to the people who keep them going.... The sponsors

Am I the only one that thinks if we as a league was tips lose the coefficient rating that UEFA would simply change the rules?!?!

The sponsors want the biggest teams and simply put we have some of the biggest teams in our league and UEFA pander to the people who keep them going.... The sponsors

Only if it meant either Liverpool or Manchester United would be the one to miss out

Really not worried by Fiorentina whatsoever. Think we'll progress.
Curious comment to make considering they knocked us out 1-3 on aggregate at precisely the same stage only last February. Surely you've learnt by now that history has a nasty habit of repeating itself - cf Spurs v Saudi Sportswashing Machine last two PL games at WHL.

Curious comment to make considering they knocked us out 1-3 on aggregate at precisely the same stage only last February. Surely you've learnt by now that history has a nasty habit of repeating itself - cf Spurs v Saudi Sportswashing Machine last two PL games at WHL.

Both sides are playing completely different to 12 months ago. As I say I'm not worried.

1st leg Kick-off 18:00 (GMT), same time as Midwich Cuckoos vs ManVanGaal United. I wonder which will get the major coverage ?

1st leg Kick-off 18:00 (GMT), same time as Midwich Cuckoos vs ManVanGaal United. I wonder which will get the major coverage ?

Do you need to ask. For the 2nd leg when we are all at home, Liverpool have been forced to kick-off at 6pm so United can have the 8.05pm slot

I am thinking of going to Italy for this game and can anybody who went last year please help me out to save spending hours on the internet..

Is the ground near to the city centre and if not is it easy to get there... were tickets easy to get - it is a big ground so I assume so.... Any advice on where to stay if not in city centre... Was it a good place to go etc?

Thanks in advance and COYS.

Is the ground near to the city centre and if not is it easy to get there...
It's a cab ride rather than a walk, although you probably won't get a cab back. We walked back rather than sit on the free buses that sat around for ages, after we'd already been kept back in the ground almost an hour. The walk was interesting, as in a brick area after dark.
Any advice on where to stay if not in city centre
I can recommend https://www.booking.com/hotel/it/gu...dcid=4;dist=0;sb_price_type=total;type=total&
Was it a good place to go etc?
They kept us back so long, we couldn't find any bars open, so can't comment on night life. You've obviously got Florence's famous sights to see and a lot of statues of men with small roosters.
Take your passport to the game to get past the police grope check.

The away section at Fiorentina hasn't got the worst view by any means:
20150226_173351r.jpg
There's also a flat area at the front of the away stand where the pillheads can have a disco.20150226_173203r.jpg

I think the the guy who makes the Away Days videos had a cheeky finger stuck up his rear by a steward the last time we went to Florence (mentioned it in his video), so take that as a warning, those of you lucky enough to be going this time around. :p

According to this Italian report, Fiorentina boss Paolo Sousa was the Lane last night to spy on us. He has previously managed QPR, Swansea and Leicester. Fiorentina is in fact his 7th club in 7 years, the others being Videoton in Hungary, Maccabi Tel-Aviv and Basel.

Managed to get tickets for the away leg but have a friend who can no longer go. Is it possible for someone else to take their ticket ? As I've read about police checking ID's against tickets?

Managed to get tickets for the away leg but have a friend who can no longer go. Is it possible for someone else to take their ticket ? As I've read about police checking ID's against tickets?
I'd say you'll be fine. Last year a friend got my tickets, so they weren't in my name. They'll be more interested in seeing your passport and feeling your gonad*s.

Thanks LM. So are the tickets not individually named? I.e. each season ticket holder/member I applied for, has a specific ticket assigned to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back