• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group B - Australia, Chile, Netherlands, Spain

Which two teams will progress to the next round?

• Australia and Chile

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia and Netherlands

• Australia and Spain

• Chile and Netherlands

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Chile and Spain

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Netherlands and Spain

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're ahead of Spain!

Game of the tourney so far. We gave em a contest and had them worried. Just lacked that one quality player in the top half who could settle things like Kewell and Viduka used to provide.

Not really surprised about the Dutch thrashing Spain. The Dutch tend to start well in any tournament only to fade later. And all the WC champions tend to do very poorly in their next WC like France in 2002 and Italy in 2010. In fact, both France and Italy failed to even progress from their group. So, let's see if Spain will follow them. But it was really disgrace of Spain as the WC champions to get thrashed like that. Can't remember any Euro or World champions ever getting humiliated like that.

Chile looked impressive against Australia early on but almost got punished due to their poor finishing. They could have won by a bigger margin if they had taken their chances but they were trying to walk the ball into the net at times. Australia did well to trouble Chile in the 2nd half but they badly lacked real quality in front of goal.

Australia/Chile was a cracking game, and I was gutted Australia didn't get at least a point. But the report on the game from a top news website is what absolutely winds me up about the Australian media. Example below:

'The best part is, we didn’t put the fear of GHod into Chile with some indecipherably complicated game plan hatched by a grim-faced mercenary European coach, but with good old-fashioned Aussie have-a-bloody-go.
Attack. Daring. Skill. Guts. These are the hallmarks of the Socceroos now, as they are the hallmarks of all great Australian sporting teams and individual champions'

I'm all for the media getting behind their national team. But seriously??? Bit of a slap in the face for Postecoglou that the performance wasn't down to a game plan but more of 'have-a-bloody-go'.

What tripe.

Shattered after that. Definitely deserved a draw based on the second half. Shame we were so **** to start. Very proud though, I personally gave us no hope. Cracking goal celebration where I was watching in Sydney.

Leckie and Davidson very good - Davidson for Spurs (LB)?

Davidson, the Heracles man :D

The tournament is already a success for Holland. No one is expecting anything from the team and then to trash Spain when half the team plays for Feyenoord is amazing.

considering all the other coincidences pointing at an England win at the moment... that year, the holders went out in the groups.

Spain, oh dear.

Remember that I said that I wouldn't be surprised if Spain were knocked out in the Group Stages. At that time, for me to say that, sounded crazy, not so much now.

Remember that I said that I wouldn't be surprised if Spain were knocked out in the Group Stages. At that time, for me to say that, sounded crazy, not so much now.

all Spain have to do now is beat Chile and Australia and hope Holland take something from Chile

Basically, they need to stop playing that human **** they call Diego Costa, play someone good upfront and stop knocking it long.

And get Torres to feign an injury. He was dog**** when he came on. They need a striker with pace to take advantage of Iniesta's incredible passing.

Costa was poor, aside from the penalty, he contributed very little. The back line seemed lacking in communication, it's hard to believe that they have played together before, let alone that they've played together the number of times that they have!

I think Chile could get a draw against Spain, it's such a crucial match now!

And get Torres to feign an injury. He was dog**** when he came on. They need a striker with pace to take advantage of Iniesta's incredible passing.

Costa was poor, aside from the penalty, he contributed very little. The back line seemed lacking in communication, it's hard to believe that they have played together before, let alone that they've played together the number of times that they have!

I think Chile could get a draw against Spain, it's such a crucial match now!

Chile are a good side, I said theyd qualify from the start, they press well, have a very talented squad with players who can play all over. Sanchez is such an important player for them, but hes capable of magic that they will need if they want to get far.

Big game!

BqFnFAFCYAAJA-1.jpg

I didn't think costa was that bad, the chances Spain did create came from his movement

I was a bit disappointed with chile, started well but then show boated too much, stopped shooting when they had the chance and tried for an "arsenal" goal, they were also awful at the back, a decent side would have punished them

it'll be a good game for sure

Costa didn't seem to be confident with the ball. Yes, his movement was good but so is Soldado's and how much criticism does the latter receive on here?!

I think Costa is better than his showing yesterday though. I think he's just coming back from injury and so may need time to sparkle, sadly time that he may not be granted if Spain crash out early.

Spain have only themselves to blame for relying on a goalie who is past his best and 2 strikers who are unreliable. Casillas has been past his best for a few years now. He has become so error prone in recent years. He was at fault for 3 of the goals Netherlands scored as he was moving slower than a snail.

Don't know how Torres can get into Spain national team despite being shyte since joining Chelsea 4 years ago. Even Soldado scored more league goals than Torres last season. It was laughable the way Torres missed an open goal late in the match.

Last edited:
Spain should have gone for a younger hungrier side this year in my view, mixed in with that bit of experience. My line up would have been:

De Gea
Azpilicueta - Martinez - Ramos - Alba
Alonso
Koke - Iniesta
Silva - Villa - Isco​

Spain should have gone for a younger hungrier side this year in my view, mixed in with that bit of experience. My line up would have been:

De Gea
Azpilicueta - Martinez - Ramos - Alba
Alonso
Koke - Iniesta
Silva - Villa - Isco​

It is the curse of the World Champions. Only Italy in 1934-1938 and Brazil in 1958-1962 have won back to back WCs. Almost all the other champions have actually done shyte in their next World Cup. Usually, they are scared to make too many changes to the team that won the WC before. As a result, the team becomes too old and unable to perform.

The RVP goal is getting some photoshop workings (see below). Should there be a general world cup gif/meme/photoshop thread?

Robin-Van-Persie-flying-Meme2-570x403.jpg

BqCcAMdCMAAuP__.jpg

Chile are a good side, I said theyd qualify from the start, they press well, have a very talented squad with players who can play all over. Sanchez is such an important player for them, but hes capable of magic that they will need if they want to get far.

Big game!

Awful CBs will be their downfall. Medel and a premier league reject is all they can muster. Youd expect a good team to ruin them.

Back