• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group B - Australia, Chile, Netherlands, Spain

Which two teams will progress to the next round?

• Australia and Chile

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia and Netherlands

• Australia and Spain

• Chile and Netherlands

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Chile and Spain

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Netherlands and Spain

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wasn't impressed with Chile at all, they only won because Australia really are terrible, and even then they almost let Australia back into the game. If Chile play like they did against Australia Spain will punish them.

Spain didn't impress me at all either, they'll be out by the quarter finals.

Spain reminded me of an 'end of an era' type team. A bit like france were after their dominating period in the 98,00 . The motivation and drive seemed to have gone, a shadow of their former selves. It's weird why tthis happens but maybe the manager has been there too long and not enough youth has been promoted to the senior team (ie relying on the same old faces). Also as a similar thing is happening with Barca perhaps that has had an effect.

After watching france they look a bit re-born, all pulling in the same direction, sharp, alert and look to have a plan they believe in. And dare i say England looked more fearless, together and in tune with each other than i have seen for many years.

LINE-UPS

Australia v Netherlands (17:00 BST)

Australia: Ryan, Davidson, Cahill, Spiranovic, Leckie, Oar, Jedniak, McKay, McGowan, Wilkinson, Bresciano.

Netherlands: Cillessen, Vlaar, De Vrij, Martins Indi, Blind, De Jong, Janmaat, De Guzman, Van Persie, Sneijder, Robben.

Spain reminded me of an 'end of an era' type team. A bit like france were after their dominating period in the 98,00 . The motivation and drive seemed to have gone, a shadow of their former selves. It's weird why tthis happens but maybe the manager has been there too long and not enough youth has been promoted to the senior team (ie relying on the same old faces). Also as a similar thing is happening with Barca perhaps that has had an effect.

After watching france they look a bit re-born, all pulling in the same direction, sharp, alert and look to have a plan they believe in. And dare i say England looked more fearless, together and in tune with each other than i have seen for many years.

I think it is part that, and also partly because other teams and managers are wiser to how they play. Spain play to a system, not to counteract how other teams play

Stuck at work, but listening to the idiot Savage on the radio Tim Cahill's just scored a belter, 1-1.

That was pure sex. Loose ball on the halfway line, long into the box and Cahill absolutely smashes it via the bar.

[vine]MTu50EVPXmd[/vine]

It really is (when viewed in the slightly-fuzzy context of vine) the most 'world cup finals' of world cup goals, a bit Mexico 1970 if you know worrimean…

Ironic that Brazil haven't produced such a 'brazilian' moment, yet the Oz in similar colours just smashed one...

Spain: Casillas; Azpilicueta, Javi Martínez, Ramos, Jordi Alba; Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Iniesta; Pedro, Diego Costa, Silva

Back