• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Group G (Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good result yesterday, but Panama did their best to hand it to us on a plate. Again I don't think we played that great considering the opposition, six goals flattered us. There were some nice passages of play especially Lingard's goal, but we were sloppy at times just like against Tunisia and better teams will punish us for that.

The real test starts now against Belgium, hopefully both sides will field strong sides and we can see just how far this team has come under Southgate.

What has Dier done to tinkle off Southgate? Poor lad must be so annoyed watching Delph and Henderson getting game time in front of him.

Well done to Kane for scoring the hattrick to become the top scorer of the World Cup with 5 goals so far. Panama is easily the worst team in this WC and one of the worst in World Cup history. England could have easily scored more than 10 goals if they had put some effort in the second half. Remember, the biggest win in WC history is Hungary beating El Salvador 10-1 in 1982. Panama looked like they can concede goals every minute ! But England should feel humiliated that they let Panama score a goal ! I think Panama will cherish and celebrate that goal for the next 100 years or so ! England are very fortunate that they only faced shyte teams in the WC qualifying and finals so far. But remember England are at their most vulnerable when they had won big and everyone are hyping them up. Let's see how they play when they face the over rated Belgium next.

Think we'll probably roll over Tunisia and Panama looking quite good in the process.....then the Belgium game won't matter too much....then we'll meet someone who will show up our shortcomings (defence)....and we'll be on the plane home.

Simple as that really.
The hype train will gather pace, we'll argue the toss over this player and that BUT ultimately i'm standing by my prediction ^^ as i'm clearly ITK and there's no reason to re-think anything.:D

Despite the win, England are still a work in progress.

I know the heat was a factor yesterday and it is difficult to play with the same intensity when 5-0 up at half time but for the 4th game in a row (including the 2 friendlies), England have severely dropped off in the 2nd half.

We did get a lot of help from Panama yesterday and the defence is still a concern, particularly with the strangely poor passing from Henderson to the back 3. Think Sterling's confidence is completely shot and he really should be left out. Surely Rose for Young for the Belgium game and hopefully Alli is fit to return for RLC. Wonder if Dier will also get a game against Belgium , either to rest Henderson or alongside Henderson and leaving out Sterling. If Trippier is a doubt for Thursday we might also see Alexander-Arnold.

Great win yesterday but still not as positive as others on social media as I still think the formation is not sufficiently geared to making chances for Harry Kane. I know he has 5 goals so far but I am struggling to remember any clear chances from open play he has had over the 2 matches.

Great win yesterday but still not as positive as others on social media as I still think the formation is not sufficiently geared to making chances for Harry Kane. I know he has 5 goals so far but I am struggling to remember any clear chances from open play he has had over the 2 matches.

Feels like we're not making the most of Kane's ability. Southgate has him setup like a poacher to get on the end of crosses and stay very central playing on the defenders shoulder, he can do that but he could add so much more to England's play given more freedom.

It feels like the World Cup has just started but it has already been 11 days with 32 of the 64 matches completed already ! Feel like this World Cup is going too fast ! Having 3 matches daily is exciting but also a bit tiring. Wish they can extend the World Cup longer with only 2 matches daily. Also, feel a bit frustrated that the England-Panama match is the last of the early day (1pm UK/8pm Asia) matches for this World Cup. Maybe people in UK and Europe didn't enjoy it much due to it being mostly working hours, but for people in Asia must have enjoyed it more due to it being at convenient time of the day.

I was very disappointed to see Young start, and honestly think he should have played his way out of the team now. He had NO defensive work to do at all, and yet still offered nothing in attack. He is a WING BACK and not FB, attack is a big part of the job, he is simply not good enough.

I was disappointed to see Henderson, but not surprised. Much like Tunisia he really didnt impress me and still looks a league below the players around him. He had nothing to do, so nothing to really complain about - but I have no confidence in him at all. However, I did like his attitude. Particularly later on when the team needed geeing up.

Walker isnt a CB for me and I MUCH prefer the idea of Stones-Cahill-Maguire.

Linguard, what a strange player. Basically pretty crap, and yet somehow really quite effective. Kante-ish levels of fitness, makes good runs, but almost always fudges up the final part (yes, I know he scored a cracker). Kind of reminds me of the like of Feilani, essentially brick but still manage to produce the goods.

The more I see Loftus-Cheek the more I wish we could sign him.

Panama, such a disappointment. Nobody expected much from them in the tournament, of course, but their attitude to playing was just disgusting. Cheating, diving, scummy brick from the first whistle, I really hate all that. Thats the main reason Im glad we destroyed them, maybe next time theyll stick to football.

I was very disappointed to see Young start, and honestly think he should have played his way out of the team now. He had NO defensive work to do at all, and yet still offered nothing in attack. He is a WING BACK and not FB, attack is a big part of the job, he is simply not good enough.

I was disappointed to see Henderson, but not surprised. Much like Tunisia he really didnt impress me and still looks a league below the players around him. He had nothing to do, so nothing to really complain about - but I have no confidence in him at all. However, I did like his attitude. Particularly later on when the team needed geeing up.

Walker isnt a CB for me and I MUCH prefer the idea of Stones-Cahill-Maguire.

Linguard, what a strange player. Basically pretty crap, and yet somehow really quite effective. Kante-ish levels of fitness, makes good runs, but almost always fudges up the final part (yes, I know he scored a cracker). Kind of reminds me of the like of Feilani, essentially brick but still manage to produce the goods.

The more I see Loftus-Cheek the more I wish we could sign him.

Panama, such a disappointment. Nobody expected much from them in the tournament, of course, but their attitude to playing was just disgusting. Cheating, diving, scummy brick from the first whistle, I really hate all that. Thats the main reason Im glad we destroyed them, maybe next time theyll stick to football.
I saw the Panama manager have a bit of a chat with Southgate before the second half started, and I wouldn't be surprised if he said that he'd 'called the dogs off', being that it was 5-0 already I don't think he wanted his men to implode completely on the discipline front and embarrass their country.

They certainly calmed down second half.

05259f48011a1109cdaa6bee3316096a.png

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Hehehe, crazy. It seems like this isn't the world Cup where you should expect one team to be worse than another, really. None of the bigger teams have really impressed. England might be better off taking the experience of not losing or winning all group matches into the next round over putting in a flat display to get an "easier" way to the final, in my opinion.

• If England and Belgium draw then the top two positions will be decided by the number of cards accumulated. England have two yellows and Belgium have picked up three.
  • If both teams have the same number of booking points then lots will be drawn to decide the final positions.

England V Belgium have potential to be the worst match of this World Cup. Both have already qualified to the Second Round and don't need to win this match. Since the group winners gets into the harder half of the knockout stages, both will try to lose or at least get many yellow cards to avoid winning this group. Don't be surprised if the likes of Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Kane, Trippier, Alli, Rose, Dier or Walker concedes stupid penalty, scores own goal or gets silly yellow cards. Even worse, we might not even see the regulars. Both might field team full of reserves. I think both England and Belgium have an unfair advantage on other teams as their match is being played last. Not sure why is this so since based on alphabetical order, matches of Group H containing Colombia, Japan and Senegal supposed to have been played last. It seems like someone is trying to help England win the World Cup this time as they have had easier qualifying and Final groups and now have the chance to decide which teams they play in the knockout stages.

Panama V Tunisia will be all about how many goals Tunisia scores. Both are easily the worst teams of this World Cup. Panama celebrated wildly after scoring against England. Wonder what they will do if they do score against Tunisia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back