• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Group G (Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My worry is that the three in midfield for England seem to be easy to pass around. There doesn't seem to be any synchronised pressing and it's a formation that seems to do better with us sitting deep and being banked up. #
All the same, a quick switch in play is all that is needed to undermine our midfield. I expect Belgium to take advantage of it and Southgate being left with a headache for the next round.

Also, does anyone think that Dele could be of use as the second striker with Kane?

I know it would break us as a counter attacking side, but if we are not going to have space in behind, Dele linking up with Kane and Lingard actually fills me with more hope than Sterling. I doubt it is something we will try now, mainly because we will be having to counter more, but I think it could work out in the long run.

Forget about all of that, haven't you read the hoardes on Twitter today?! IT'S COMING HOME! :p Two wins against Tunisia and Panama, and Twitter goes into meltdown. Some claiming Kane is a clam for not letting Stones take the second pen to score a hat trick as well though. If you ever feel a little bit too hopeful about mankind, take a look on Twitter, it'll bring you right back down! Haha.

What do you expect from macarons on teletext.

The next game will test us a lot more and we need ( imo) to make a couple of changes, Rashford for Sterling and Rose back in for Young.

What do you expect from macarons on tacoter.

The next game will test us a lot more and we need ( imo) to make a couple of changes, Rashford for Sterling and Rose back in for Young.

He may make more changes to be fair

Only negative today was Walker could have got that second booking in and been suspended fo Belgium rather than later on

He may make more changes to be fair

Only negative today was Walker could have got that second booking in and been suspended fo Belgium rather than later on

He may do but i think the team is building well and apart from Young ( what does he do?) and Sterling who is not a threat in front of goal we are pretty strong overall. Rashford is the type of player who will grab a goal and as for Walker i actually think he is perfect for the three at the back.

Rose will give us more options with crosses then Young will, i know they say that Young is good at freekicks but for me Trippier has been outstanding at them.

5. The ranking of each team in each group shall be determined as follows:

a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
b) goal difference in all group matches;
c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches. If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their rankings shall be determined as follows:
d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
g) greater number of points obtained in the fair play conduct of the teams based on yellow and red cards received in all group matches as follows:
– yellow card: minus 1 point
– indirect red card: minus 3 points (as a result of a second yellow card)
– direct red card: minus 4 points
– yellow card and direct red card: minus 5 points
Only one of the above deductions shall be applied to a player in a single match;

h) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

England: 2 yellows
Belgium: 3 yellows

If it ends up with Brazil/Germany waiting in the quarters for the group winner, we could see an interesting final group match.

10 out of 10 for the information!

I wonder if we'll see Walker at wing-back if the direct opponent is the likes of Hazard/Neymar/Werner (I think Germany might leave him on the left after the Sweden game). Though from the right-side of the back 3, he can shift over to cover Trippier. Think Trippier will get the nod v Belgium and see how he handles being on the back-foot a bit more against a top class opponent. The games so far have suited Trippier, in that we have been in charge of possession and mostly on the attack. Hopefully, Southgate will be flexible when he needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back