• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Fuego (won't quote your posts in order to avoid clutter) - similar and / or inferior strikers are currently playing for top PL sides - which was my initial point to indianspur's comment on 'Bottom 14 sides only' - not sure why you insist so much on 'categorising' him away from what you believe this mythical all-round striker must be in order to be considered 'good enough for the top'

Along with the 10% loss of possession comment, sorry but that is simply nowhere near true - you make him sound like a mid-Championship player. He's scored goals everywhere he's played, and I'm sure if a top team were to take a punt - much of same pattern would continue along with the added quality of improved service. And before the next 'goals is all he offers' - tell me, would you prefer 10 goal/season strikers at Spurs who run around and close players or a 30 goal/season poacher who gets the job done. This season if anything should have confirmed how utterly impotent we seem in converting chances or even threaten the opposition goalie.

Last edited:
41 goals in 52 apps not good enough for you?

Make that 80 (eighty) in 2 seasons (inclduing dozens for the national team) - this place sometimes . . .

What's next - Cavani - what does he do?

That's almost as many as Defoe has managed in a decade! If he got anywhere close to such season figures we'd be demanding a statue to be erected next to the new stadium, and very would even care about his all-round game.

Last edited:
Make that 80 (eighty) in 2 seasons (inclduing dozens for the national team) - this place sometimes . . .

What's next - Cavani - what does he do?

That's almost as many as Defoe has managed in a decade! If he got anywhere close to such season figures we'd be demanding a statue to be erected next to the new stadium, and very would even care about his all-round game.

Close to a consistent 30 goal a season striker at club level over the past 5 seasons. 28, 35, 14, 39, 41.

The 14 looks out of place, but i think you'd forgive him for the sheer number in the rest.

Agree with the bold..

I prefer to watch the players and base my opinion from that, rather than reading numbers off wiki.

Close to a consistent 30 goal a season striker at club level over the past 5 seasons. 28, 35, 14, 39, 41.

The 14 looks out of place, but i think you'd forgive him for the sheer number in the rest.

Agree with the bold..

What must be the Top 3 club in the world be thinking paying and playing this waster! :)

I prefer to watch the players and base my opinion from that, rather than reading numbers off wiki.

At which point it would still be madness to rate Benteke over Gomez. Have you watched the keepers he plays against pick the ball out of the net that many times?

Bar the CL final last year Gomez has impressed me. His all round game isn't great, but the sheer number of goals he gets make up for that.

Whereas Benteke isn't even top half standard yet. Imo it's just first season syndrome.

He's just another Cisse, Jelavic (partly), Zaki, Diouf, Chamakh, etc. - still feeding off the PL debut adrenalin, etc.

Agent trying to capitalise while the stock is high - shocker

Will soon be found out

You would prefer Benteke to Gomez? :-k

41 goals in 52 apps not good enough for you?

Gomez has done it at all levels. Benteke hasn't even shown it at PL level yet.

well Gomez hasnt done it in the PL whereas Benteke has, and for a rubbish team.

Gomez is a top finisher, imagine how many Bale crosses he would get on the end of

anyway, who is going to pay 30 mill for Gomez and give him 150k a week. Certainly not Mr Levy

I've watched.

Benteke is quicker
Benteke is stronger
Benteke harrasses defenders
Benteke has better on the ball ability
Benteke has a greater overall effect on the game

Now here's some reasons why Spurs would take Benteke over Gomez

Benteke is much younger
Benteke's transfer fee is within our range
Benteke's wages are within our range
Benteke has room to improve(thus resale value)

And most importantly

Benteke is Belgian

And as for those other names. They are/were all much older, Benteke is showing great promise at a young age and has shown everything that a big club would be looking for.

well Gomez hasnt done it in the PL whereas Benteke has, and for a rubbish team.

Gomez is a top finisher, imagine how many Bale crosses he would get on the end of

anyway, who is going to pay 30 mill for Gomez and give him 150k a week. Certainly not Mr Levy

He has done it in the Champions League though. Which is a much harder challenge.

I've watched.

Benteke is quicker
Benteke is stronger
Benteke harrasses defenders
Benteke has better on the ball ability
Benteke has a greater overall effect on the game

Now here's some reasons why Spurs would take Benteke over Gomez

Benteke is much younger
Benteke's transfer fee is within our range
Benteke's wages are within our range
Benteke has room to improve(thus resale value)

And most importantly

Benteke is Belgian

And as for those other names. They are/were all much older, Benteke is showing great promise at a young age and has shown everything that a big club would be looking for.

Not seen anything of these three. What i've seen is a player who's head drops when he gets called offside or pulled up for a foul and then he sulks and doesn't get involved at all.

Physically he has it. In terms of technical ability and mental strength i have yet to see any of it.

Who cares about reasons spurs would take Benteke over Gomez? Those are not reasons to decide who is the best player. None of those are footballing reasons. If Benteke is the striker we are going to go for then i guess we will still be looking for that talent up front come next year.

Last edited:
He has done it in the Champions League though. Which is a much harder challenge.

but how can Gomez and Benteke even be compared? one is 23, just moved from a brick league to a top league, and the other is 27 and playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world, and the biggest in Germany

Benteke hasnt even played in the CL yet 8-[

Spursalot you'd have been saying the same things about a 21 year old Van Persie, Falcao or Cavani. This is what Spurs do, we buy young and highly promising. We've done it in every other position except for up front for some reason, now is time to take the plunge.

Spursalot you'd have been saying the same things about a 21 year old Van Persie, Falcao or Cavani. This is what Spurs do, we buy young and highly promising. We've done it in every other position except for up front for some reason, now is time to take the plunge.

I might have been.

Sure buy promising. I don't see that Benteke is promising.

Would much rather look elsewhere.

but how can Gomez and Benteke even be compared? one is 23, just moved from a brick league to a top league, and the other is 27 and playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world, and the biggest in Germany

Benteke hasnt even played in the CL yet 8-[

Er.. That a serious question?

You could watch them play football and see what you think of them as players.. 8-[

How is he not promising? He's just turned 22, he starts up front for the best up-and-coming football nation in Europe, he has a 1 in 2 record in his first season in the Premier League despite being handicapped by the fact he's playing for a GHod awful team. He has scored some very impressive goals and been involved in other impressive goals ... I really don't know what else you want him to do?

Back