• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

You said wipe the floor though

I’d argue that we should have at least got a draw at home last year and a competent ref then and today would have made a LOT and difference
At their ground we drew
It’s possibly a language thing but wiping the floor means you have beaten someone badly
Not drawn one and got over the line with some fortune

Think it's a language thing. I just interpret it as consistently beating someone, which Arteta does to Postecoglou. Didn't mean to imply we get battered, which we largely don't outside of that first half at home last season.

There seems to have been change in general feeling towards Ange reading social media today. I think that's harsh given that Woolwich are a very good side. I'd give him at least the season but Levy's resolve will be tested if results don't pick up.

He’s been unfortunate to have taken charge at a time when our most hated rivals have their best side in many years but it’s still galling to lose 3 NLDs at The Lane on the trot, even back in Wenger’s pomp when we were a mid-table club we never so much as lost 2 in a row at home.

I also want Postecoglou to be given the rest of this season to try and instill his philosophy to this newly assembled squad and hope that our easier run of fixtures ahead see a big improvement in results.

There seems to have been change in general feeling towards Ange reading social media today. I think that's harsh given that Woolwich are a very good side. I'd give him at least the season but Levy's resolve will be tested if results don't pick up.

It's not just social media. Media themselves are starting to ask hard questions and make unflattering comparisons that were largely suppressed last season because of the 'lost Kane, new style, needs time to adapt' factors.

He's gotten away with vibes so far, but for his own sake, he needs to chalk up some wins soon, because otherwise this pattern only ends one way and that's with him out the door come November.

Think it's a language thing. I just interpret it as consistently beating someone, which Arteta does to Postecoglou. Didn't mean to imply we get battered, which we largely don't outside of that first half at home last season.
He has only beaten him 2/3 of the time
And those times needed some very “fortunate” officials on his side

He has only beaten him 2/3 of the time
And those times needed some very “fortunate” officials on his side

And Postecoglou has beaten him 0% of the time, and it's not like we haven't had luck on our end - remember Raya's pass straight to Romero last season? They were missing half a dozen players for this game iirc (Odegaard, Merino, Calafiori, Rice) - the only one missing on our end was Bissouma.

Not like Postecoglou didn't have luck on his side mate - he just hasn't been able to make it count.

And Postecoglou has beaten him 0% of the time, and it's not like we haven't had luck on our end - remember Raya's pass straight to Romero last season? They were missing half a dozen players for this game iirc (Odegaard, Merino, Calafiori, Rice) - the only one missing on our end was Bissouma.

Not like Postecoglou didn't have luck on his side mate - he just hasn't been able to make it count.
Half a dozen
You sound like the UK press
They were missing 2 starters
We were missing 1
let’s not flip everything to suit an agenda. Kinda kills the discussion

Half a dozen
You sound like the UK press
They were missing 2 starters
We were missing 1
let’s not flip everything to suit an agenda. Kinda kills the discussion

Depends on if you consider players they signed this summer to be starters mate. Broader point being, they were more hamstring by injuries than we were - not like Arteta has had all the luck and Postecoglou none. It's just that Arteta found a way to win, while Postecoglou to date has never been able to beat Arteta.

Depends on if you consider players they signed this summer to be starters mate. Broader point being, they were more hamstring by injuries than we were - not like Arteta has had all the luck and Postecoglou none. It's just that Arteta found a way to win, while Postecoglou to date has never been able to beat Arteta.
I’d say that players who haven’t started a game for them, by definition, aren’t starters
They did however have 2 players out who are starters. One injured and the other from a red card, just like the one timber should have got and the one Nketiah should have got too
I don’t think they have found a way to beat Ange. They have found a way that they play. That’s it. Keep it tight and try to get the that goal then counter. It’s an effective system when you have had 4 years to drill it and £650m spent. I’d expect that TBH because time is huge for managers
So imo both teams were missing starters due to injuries and they were missing another because he has a ban

I don’t think we’d be buying the players we do if we didn’t mean to back Ange for the season - and I’m not Ange out at all - things change quickly in football and suddenly we’re flying again - but I do hope we have some sort of contingency plan for a manager that would be able to utilize this squad well if we continue to not get results for a few more months.

Still, it’s early days for the season, I think we will bounce back. Support the lads and don’t let yourself get consumed by the negativity that will no doubt follow todays result. We will bounce back.

It’s a good point.
Best comment I’ve heard tBH and a huge part of the issue
I think I know some of the reasons
Romero is out best defensive passer and he seems to favour coming inside with the ball
That means it goes right to left and ends up with Bentacur or maddsion. The matter then kills the mommentum dead with slow play or passes it to son who then passes its back
When e okay it right the passing is quicker but we will won’t pass it wide …

Back