• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

But they do have better players
But more key IMO … 8 years of coaching that’s completely ingrained

I actually think Pep isn't a very good manager wrt to setting up defence. Imo, it's why he has won so few CLs (when you think of the teams and spending power he's had) and he wins what he does because he has the best squad available so he can rotate his forwards and generally keep them fresh.

My worry about Ange is that it'll take Pep-levels of backing for his system to also work (and we know that isn't happening with us...)

Yes
Because you don’t keep a guy all summer
Back him
Then bin him after 3 games
That’s brain dead
We finished higher than the previous season don’t forget

And the comparison of taking off the first 10 games because we were good is just daft… can we then take off the 10 games we were without so many players… of course not as it’s a season not a few games that matters

I'm not talking about binning a manager after 3 games, just saying it's legitimate to review the first 3 games and the general trend from the previous season - both in a positive and negative way.

I actually think Pep isn't a very good manager wrt to setting up defence. Imo, it's why he has won so few CLs (when you think of the teams and spending power he's had) and he wins what he does because he has the best squad available so he can rotate his forwards and generally keep them fresh.

My worry about Ange is that it'll take Pep-levels of backing for his system to also work (and we know that isn't happening with us...)
I don’t think it will take that amount of backing if the players do the things they are being coached. The system is working. It’s the players making the basic mistakes that’s costing us

I'm not talking about binning a manager after 3 games, just saying it's legitimate to review the first 3 games and the general trend from the previous season - both in a positive and negative way.
It’s not
It’s plain stupid imo otherwise what’s the point of having the summer and the window
I mean I’ve heard people bitching that were not playing the new signings… that’s the same people don’t rate
I’d agree if it was at last 10 games. That is more like a decent period. It’s exactly the same amount of time last year that people wrote us off from so is the least amount I think this season , as a start, should be judged on

I think he'll get the same dozen PL games that Pochettino got. If things aren't going well then I hope he actually gets more than that but history doesn't indicate to me that will be the case.

I think he'll get the same dozen PL games that Pochettino got. If things aren't going well then I hope he actually gets more than that but history doesn't indicate to me that will be the case.
The fans will have a huge say on what happens imo
The club IMO will stick with him if the noise doesn’t get bad

I don’t think it will take that amount of backing if the players do the things they are being coached. The system is working. It’s the players making the basic mistakes that’s costing us

I'm not sure all the goals we concede are because of 'basic mistakes'...we constantly give up high-level chances in games we look dominant in..i do suspect the xG against us shows this since January (when most of the time we had at least 3 of our first choice back 4 regularly playing)

It’s not
It’s plain stupid imo otherwise what’s the point of having the summer and the window
I mean I’ve heard people bitching that were not playing the new signings… that’s the same people don’t rate
I’d agree if it was at last 10 games. That is more like a decent period. It’s exactly the same amount of time last year that people wrote us off from so is the least amount I think this season , as a start, should be judged on

Fair point

I guess it will depend on what their real goals are and if this 'long-term strategy' stuff they've leaked/spoken about in the media is just bs or not..

See my comment above about Arsenal fans

Fans are typically fickle and naive. Most flip things to suit pre determined agendas whenever they can because they have “seen it all before”

In reality, whatever happens last season is very very irrelevant. It’s last season and the league starts afresh

It’s why teams and clubs change and evolve… like humans (but not really football fans, if we’re honest)

Should we also discount the fact that we scored lots of goals last season because it happened last season and isn’t relevant?

I'm not sure all the goals we concede are because of 'basic mistakes'...we constantly give up high-level chances in games we look dominant in..i do suspect the xG against us shows this since January (when most of the time we had at least 3 of our first choice back 4 regularly playing)

Back to bringing up the past to predict the future

The goals this season.. the one were in now.. are because of very very basic errors 2 from Romero and one from a combination

I guess it will depend on what their real goals are and if this 'long-term strategy' stuff they've leaked/spoken about in the media is just bs or not..
And that will be the measure
We don’t know.. we can harm back to previous decisions all the time or assume the new structure has a longer term view
I honestly don’t know but I suspect it’s longer term. The signings say that and that’s all I can judge on

Back to bringing up the past to predict the future

The goals this season.. the one were in now.. are because of very very basic errors 2 from Romero and one from a combination
Ok, the chances we are giving up mostly seem NOT to be because of basic individual errors but because of the system. Look back at all the big chances conceded in both away games to see my point. We can't keep saying that we are conceding only because of individual errors but then say we are scoring the goals we do because of our own attacking brilliance..

Ok, the chances we are giving up mostly seem NOT to be because of basic individual errors but because of the system. Look back at all the big chances conceded in both away games to see my point. We can't keep saying that we are conceding only because of individual errors but then say we are scoring the goals we do because of our own attacking brilliance..
But romeros two huge mistakes are him making individual errors. Him walking past vardy is not tactical.
Him rushing out for the throw in isn’t tactical

The Lestah decision from him is what gave them the foothold in the game. He doesn’t do that… they do nothing after

We conceded this year (last season) a load of set pieces and counters. That’s tactical or management decisions.

Last edited:
And on goals we have scored 2 that were infidel brilliance … both by son
The Everton first was him making that mistake happen by his effort
And the second was because of VDVs brilliance
That’s not saying Bissoumas goal isn’t a brilliant goal by the way

And on goals we have scored 2 that were infidel brilliance … both by son
The Everton first was him making that mistake happen by his effort
And the second was because of VDVs brilliance
That’s not saying Bissouams goal isn’t a brilliant goal by the way

Disagree,
- Son's first goal is a direct result of the system requiring press from the front, and yes he always did that, but it is a system design
- His 2nd goal is quick transition, another inherent design of a pressing system and getting the ball forward as quickly as possible (if it wasn't VDV, the system would have passed to Son who should have had the other winger on the opposite side available for a finish at end of run)
- Bissouma goal was classic overload high

So all done very well by the players but not outside of the system expectations

Disagree,
- Son's first goal is a direct result of the system requiring press from the front, and yes he always did that, but it is a system design
- His 2nd goal is quick transition, another inherent design of a pressing system and getting the ball forward as quickly as possible (if it wasn't VDV, the system would have passed to Son who should have had the other winger on the opposite side available for a finish at end of run)
- Bissouma goal was classic overload high

So all done very well by the players but not outside of the system expectations
Don’t disagree that it’s a system requirement
But son’s brilliance made that press work. Kulu couldn’t do it IMO and Richy would pull a hammy doing it

Back