• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

He's average, meh, not much good at anything. Take it to mean whatever you like, interpret it how you will, he's massively overrated. If he were from any other country everyone here would think the same.

You are a joker, you know that right? First average, now overrated, for an intelligent guy you're using a lot of flimsy adjectives rather than just admitting you're wrong but keep on doing you I guess.

He's average, meh, not much good at anything. Take it to mean whatever you like, interpret it how you will, he's massively overrated. If he were from any other country everyone here would think the same.

You are a joker, you know that right? First average, now overrated, for an intelligent guy you're using a lot of flimsy adjectives rather than just admitting you're wrong but keep on doing you I guess.
I think we can all agree that he isn't getting any better. Some years ago, Henderson was a very good player, but age has caught up with him, and his place in the England squad is more of reputation than current quality, and his place in the Liverpool team now is because of necessity.

Think you'll find that's a Chelsea fan. Couldn't possibly be anything to do with Liverpool.

A snide comment, no doubt, on some shared observations regarding Heysel several years ago. Thing is, I HEARD and SAW Chelsea ‘supporters’ from my then hometown saying they were going to Heysel specifically to fight Italians. They told me others from other parts of the country were joining them. And they went. And they returned. One of them ended up doing time a little down the line, finally. I am not saying there isn’t a bad Liverpool supporter, that would be stupid (and contrary to the belief of some I’m sure, I am not stupid). What I am saying is that this obsession with them is an unhealthy trope with as much substance as a rice paper umbrella in a monsoon.

It won't suit the agenda to post Henderson's honours list would it? Bear in mind during this time we have won nothing:

Liverpool

Premier League: 2019–20[164]
FA Cup: 2021–22;[165] runner-up: 2011–12[35]
Football League Cup/EFL Cup: 2011–12,[34] 2021–22;[166] runner-up: 2015–16[167]
FA Community Shield: 2022[168]
UEFA Champions League: 2018–19;[169] runner-up: 2017–18,[170] 2021–22[171]
UEFA Super Cup: 2019[78]
FIFA Club World Cup: 2019[172]
UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2015–16[173]

If you just stated you didn't like him because he's from the north and comes from a lower class background I'd have an odd sort of respect for the honesty despite the reasoning being horrendous but it's such a rather silly hill to maintain the position you do. As I said Clarkson all over :)

Just to get it in there unnecessarily - I don't have a lot of love for Liverpool FC as a club but do have an affinity with the city. I do like Henderson though, take away the horrific anti anything Scouse / Northern bias and there's actually a fair bit to respect but remain narrow-minded if it suits.

I agree with you.

I’ll bet most of the people throwing their jibes in here have never been to Anfield to see us. Their ‘exposure’ to Liverpool is via media, and we all know how that can go.
It remains one of my favorite away days, for many reasons, and hopefully I’ll be enjoying another one April 30th!

I think we can all agree that he isn't getting any better. Some years ago, Henderson was a very good player, but age has caught up with him, and his place in the England squad is more of reputation than current quality, and his place in the Liverpool team now is because of necessity.

I can agree with that for sure. Absolutely on the not getting any better front and although I haven't seen a whole lot of him this season, I wouldn't be surprised if his legs have gone. It's probably a contributing factor of Liverpool's downfall this season.

Life has taught me that as well. Trust me on that. It's OK to cry over a football match, really, it is depending on the context.

I used to but those days are gone for me but understand why others do. I think being a Spurs fan has hardened me up to the downs and also I have a natural cynicism with the modern game which means I take less interest in the game overall than I used to. After the early Sissoko penalty incident in the final I was ok come FT as I had 90 mins to accept the game was gone

I don't think he was better, his development just peaked early.

Because if that he looked like he'd become a better player than he did. Instead of continuing to improve he just stagnated.

I used to but those days are gone for me but understand why others do. I think being a Spurs fan has hardened me up to the downs and also I have a natural cynicism with the modern game which means I take less interest in the game overall than I used to. After the early Sissoko penalty incident in the final I was ok come FT as I had 90 mins to accept the game was gone

Indeed, and likewise, I absolutely see your perspective too. That phantom handball was a moment I will never forget. And when we sacked Poch, a tiny piece of it drifted away for me, as we had 'the dream' (brilliant football, a manager who had us all onside, regularly competing all without blood money) but yes, it was a wake-up moment. I still thoroughly invest and ride the waves despite myself however...I appreciate yours and K.D.D's perspectives, absolutely. I think it's important to note, however, that life experience doesn't necessarily equate to being unemotional over football? I won't reel off the challenges life has thrown me and my family's ways as we all have a story, but to be clear, it hasn't been wine and roses all the time.

Indeed, and likewise, I absolutely see your perspective too. That phantom handball was a moment I will never forget. And when we sacked Poch, a tiny piece of it drifted away for me, as we had 'the dream' (brilliant football, a manager who had us all onside, regularly competing all without blood money) but yes, it was a wake-up moment. I still thoroughly invest and ride the waves despite myself however...I appreciate yours and K.D.D's perspectives, absolutely. I think it's important to note, however, that life experience doesn't necessarily equate to being unemotional over football? I won't reel off the challenges life has thrown me and my family's ways as we all have a story, but to be clear, it hasn't been wine and roses all the time.
Oh totally, and life has also moved my emotional goalposts with football as life has been hard recently as it has for all which changed my perspective of football towards...meh its only a game. Its not quiet all the way there yet but I don't let the game kill me as I once did

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Oh totally, and life has also moved my emotional goalposts with football as life has been hard recently as it has for all which changed my perspective of football towards...meh its only a game. Its not quiet all the way there yet but I don't let the game kill me as I once did

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Indeed.
I ride the waves of the moment as hard as ever, what has changed is the affect it has post-match/into my week, etc, etc...it becomes what it is.

Back