• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

Well we have had 5 and a half years of this farce ( which was brought in to stop arguments) and guess what its still rubbish. Still never mind there have been a lot of money made from it for some. Its a joke.

5 and a half years of lost goal celebrations, lost passion and lost fans, as sport has been replaced by bureaucracy.

Last edited:
5 and a half years of lost passion and lost goal celebrations, lost passion and lost fans, as sport has been replaced by bureaucracy.

That is my main objection to it, the instant cheer/joy of a goal is ruined while some muppets in a room look for ( and get wrong at times) a reason to rule it out. ITS CRAP.

Antonio explained that his more subdued celebration at the w/e was that he felt it was borderline offside so he didnt want to make a tit of himself celebrating in case it got ruled out.

Not that I give a fudge about him personally but it is a shame that the emotional element of celebrating a goal is being sucked out of the game.

Hang on, when a goal goes in we cheer, then it goes to a VAR review, and if it's still a goal we cheer again. Two cheers for the price of one.
In the 'good old days', didn't we cheer for a goal, only to realise the lino has his flag raised? What's the difference between that and a VAR review?
The problem is the senior ref or reffing panel should be in the studio and only contact the on pitch referee if they've noticed A CLEAR AND OBVIOUS mistake, and then have the power to overule the pitch ref, none of this going to a pitch side monitor charade.

Hang on, when a goal goes in we cheer, then it goes to a VAR review, and if it's still a goal we cheer again. Two cheers for the price of one.
In the 'good old days', didn't we cheer for a goal, only to realise the lino has his flag raised? What's the difference between that and a VAR review?
The problem is the senior ref or reffing panel should be in the studio and only contact the on pitch referee if they've noticed A CLEAR AND OBVIOUS mistake, and then have the power to overule the pitch ref, none of this going to a pitch side monitor charade.

The lineman's flag would go up in real time/before the ball went in, so it was always there to see in the instant. It was also instinctive - everyone there got a sense.

Now we have to wait about 5 minutes while distant bureaucrats draw inaccurate lines and pretend there's some science to their flimflam.

The lineman's flag would go up in real time/before the ball went in, so it was always there to see in the instant. It was also instinctive - everyone there got a sense.

Now we have to wait about 5 minutes while distant bureaucrats draw inaccurate lines and pretend there's some science to their flimflam.

I don't know how to use the like button.

no it wouldn’t, not always. I’ve seen the flag not go up at all but still have it disallowed for something one of the assistant has communicated by radio

and how many people celebrated the Mendes goal at Old Trafford?

Thread title doesn't really work for this one :

But it's fair to wonder how much this happens.
And how do you prevent this from happening when the VAR refs are the same people as the on-field refs, just on rotation? There's bound to be a bit of a 'referees union', even if unintentional.

It's that the way things happen when organisations police themselves?

no it wouldn’t, not always. I’ve seen the flag not go up at all but still have it disallowed for something one of the assistant has communicated by radio

and how many people celebrated the Mendes goal at Old Trafford?
Choosing a freak like that you're kind of making GB's point for him. :p

Not only was Dean's action on the day unprofessional and cowardly, he's now made it worse by undermining the credibility of the system. How stupid do you have to be to think such an admission helps anything? No system will work properly when people like him are involved.

Not only was Dean's action on the day unprofessional and cowardly, he's now made it worse by undermining the credibility of the system. How stupid do you have to be to think such an admission helps anything? No system will work properly when people like him are involved.

Yep and its something thats been mentioned before about protecting mates which has been brushed off as conspiracy which now seems true. Quitting your job before it becoming obvious is cowardly too

Its now open season, teams are now sending official complaints on all decisions now to PGMOL and its a serious dent in their credibility.

another year of controversy and a threat to high defence lines . Speedy strikers and CBs will be in demand!
2e33445e4d0006e16bc3014d15f8e275.jpg

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

another year of controversy and a threat to high defence lines . Speedy strikers and CBs will be in demand!
2e33445e4d0006e16bc3014d15f8e275.jpg

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
I'm against that. That's an unfair advantage. What I'd like though is that if both feet are onside, it's good, regardless of where any other parts of your body is.
That would still lean towards slightly more advantage to the attacking team, but not an unfair advantage.

I'm against that. That's an unfair advantage. What I'd like though is that if both feet are onside, it's good, regardless of where any other parts of your body is.
That would still lean towards slightly more advantage to the attacking team, but not an unfair advantage.
Spot on. But I'd also like the whole review thing to be time-limited. What real difference does a couple of centimetres make either way? In the old days the lino had to make an instant decision on the spot. So, give them 30 seconds, 60 at most, and if they cannot resolve it by then let the goal stand and put us all out of our flaming misery.

Spot on. But I'd also like the whole review thing to be time-limited. What real difference does a couple of centimetres make either way? In the old days the lino had to make an instant decision on the spot. So, give them 30 seconds, 60 at most, and if they cannot resolve it by then let the goal stand and put us all out of our flaming misery.
Or rather stick with whatever the on field decision was.

Back