• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

2 beautiful finishes. Donley pinpoint slot from 18 yards out. Kyeremetaaeateen outside of the boot, pinged in off the post.

Very nice. We can put that in our trophy cabinet. Well done lads, a few good players coming through. Hopefully one can make the step up all the way into the first team.

Very nice. We can put that in our trophy cabinet. Well done lads, a few good players coming through. Hopefully one can make the step up all the way into the first team.

Yes, thats the U18s and U16s winning cups

Dorrington, Gunter and Donley seem to get the most praise from the U18 crew

The problem at Spurs in recent years has been that those c.18 year olds then spend 2-3 years playing for the 'reserves' and end up leaving

The aim of the academy is to produce 1st team players, winning pots is secondary. The youth set up in this country is not working at PL level as young players are trapped in age level games, at 17 some players should be gaining experience against seasoned players not kids to further their development. The loan system is handicapped by clubs/managers not wanting to play loanees in enough games, Scarlett is a classic example, the manager who did play him got the sack now he sits getting splinters in his arse.

The aim of the academy is to produce 1st team players, winning pots is secondary. The youth set up in this country is not working at PL level as young players are trapped in age level games, at 17 some players should be gaining experience against seasoned players not kids to further their development. The loan system is handicapped by clubs/managers not wanting to play loanees in enough games, Scarlett is a classic example, the manager who did play him got the sack now he sits getting splinters in his arse.
It’s why owning another club can work
Issue is for the fans to that club of course

I think (sadly) most PL academies nowadays are mostly run just to produce decent enough players that make the club enough money to pay for the actual youth set ups (with the small possibility of unearthing a gem being a bonus). Clubs aren't really trying to bring through players into their own first teams.. they don't need to.

I think most youngsters (and their parents) know that 99% won't go the whole way through one clubs set up all the way into the first team. They just want a good footballing education to become a top player. It's not like all the Spurs youth are spurs fans, they'd bite you hand off if you told them they would even make it as a professional footballer (wherever it may be) given the stats on how many don't make it.

It would be amazing if there was some rule that a percentage of your squad was made up of local kids but its sad I know, Players like Foden, Skipp, etc. are becoming rarer and rarer nowadays.

I do agree on one important point though. We (Spurs as a club) need to do better at keeping our most promising youngsters, whether that is better thought out loan moves etc. or whatever it is.. we need to stop losing players leaving for rivals, going off to Holland or Germany etc. and find a way to loan them/give them a clear idea of what it takes to get to the first team.

I think (sadly) most PL academies nowadays are mostly run just to produce decent enough players that make the club enough money to pay for the actual youth set ups (with the small possibility of unearthing a gem being a bonus). Clubs aren't really trying to bring through players into their own first teams.. they don't need to.

I think most youngsters (and their parents) know that 99% won't go the whole way through one clubs set up all the way into the first team. They just want a good footballing education to become a top player. It's not like all the Spurs youth are spurs fans, they'd bite you hand off if you told them they would even make it as a professional footballer (wherever it may be) given the stats on how many don't make it.

It would be amazing if there was some rule that a percentage of your squad was made up of local kids but its sad I know, Players like Foden, Skipp, etc. are becoming rarer and rarer nowadays.

I do agree on one important point though. We (Spurs as a club) need to do better at keeping our most promising youngsters, whether that is better thought out loan moves etc. or whatever it is.. we need to stop losing players leaving for rivals, going off to Holland or Germany etc. and find a way to loan them/give them a clear idea of what it takes to get to the first team.

I agree with most of what you write, it annoys me when people say we dont produce good player, we do but just opt for quick fix. Half the teams in PL and championship are full of average overseas players who could easily be replaced by British players if clubs didnt have inflated ambitions. Fans are as much to blame as clubs as they demand instant success.

I agree with most of what you write, it annoys me when people say we dont produce good player, we do but just opt for quick fix. Half the teams in PL and championship are full of average overseas players who could easily be replaced by British players if clubs didnt have inflated ambitions. Fans are as much to blame as clubs as they demand instant success.

I agree with all of your post but the bit highlighted is the crux issue, a lot of fans in todays game would rather their club splash money on (so called) big players and look what happens IF we fail to spend a lot of money on transfers. ( club is tight, chairman is a skinflint etc etc).

Mikey Moore came on with 20 mins to go.

A 15-year old playing for the U-21.

Really hope that he signs on in the coming weeks - looks a talent.

Rumour has it that a lot of clubs are sniffing around.

Back