• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

I'll just go and rob a bank, and give it to some footballer to pay his release clause. He's paying it himself, so all is fine....

Is this the same La Liga whos clubs had to pay millions of euros in tax which was proven to be illegal state aid?

Also, If I am not mistaken the buy out fee needs to be paid off by the player himself according to the Spanish law?

Money coming from the player, on paper yes. So in your view it doesn't matter how he got it, as long as it's him handing it over? Alright then...
Normally the money is from the buying club and it is a tax issue nothing to do with the league, so from them no it doesn't matter where it came from

All he needs to do is borrow from a bank for a day with psg underwriting the loan, league appear to overstretching their remit here

Is this the same La Liga whos clubs had to pay millions of euros in tax which was proven to be illegal state aid?

Also, If I am not mistaken the buy out fee needs to be paid off by the player himself according to the Spanish law?

Yes, but that's usually accomplished with the player getting the money from the buying club, not directly from their sponsors/owners to make it look like they're spending within their means.

Yes, but that's usually accomplished with the player getting the money from the buying club, not directly from their sponsors/owners to make it look like they're spending within their means.

So Emirates Marketing Project spending over 200m on players this summer is "within their means"?

So Emirates Marketing Project spending over 200m on players this summer is "within their means"?

It's within the means that UEFA has accepted (ie. their inflated sponsor deals which are considerably less than the Neymar fee). Accounting wise those 200 million be spread across 4/5 years. They're also selling a few players, so net spend will be lower.

Money coming from the player, on paper yes. So in your view it doesn't matter how he got it, as long as it's him handing it over? Alright then...
Jesus, where did I say that was MY view????!!!!
I said legally if the contract says the player can buy out the contract then that is what is happening.
So saying no to that is Interesting

Ah yes, if UEFA accepts it, then it must be legit. :) In my opinion, just because City's dodgy deals are less than the Neymar fee, it doesnt make them less wrong.

Accounting wise, Neymar fee will be paid off a hell of alot faster than 4-5 years. He as almost 60m fans on Facebook, close to 80m on Instagram and 30m on Twitter- platforms from where you can integrate solutions where you can buy his shirt by clicking on a link. An educated guess is that his fee will be paid off within 2 years via shirt sales / sponsorship deals.

Ah yes, if UEFA accepts it, then it must be legit. :) In my opinion, just because City's dodgy deals are less than the Neymar fee, it doesnt make them less wrong.

Accounting wise, Neymar fee will be paid off a hell of alot faster than 4-5 years. He as almost 60m fans on Facebook, close to 80m on Instagram and 30m on Twitter- platforms from where you can integrate solutions where you can buy his shirt by clicking on a link. An educated guess is that his fee will be paid off within 2 years via shirt sales / sponsorship deals.

City have found many ways of getting around the rules, but the issue here as I see it is PSG getting a player for free because a third party has paid his release clause.

Exactly.

It raises a really interested situation.

I remember reading that many of these types of transfer clauses are only applicable to other teams in La Liga. [edit] and Portugal.

Be honest it is not that big a surprise as it typical of that corrupt bunch crooks at Madrid and Barca.

I remember reading that many of these types of transfer clauses are only applicable to other teams in La Liga. [edit] and Portugal.

Be honest it is not that big a surprise as it typical of that corrupt bunch crooks at Madrid and Barca.

That's why the player has to pay the release clause. We did it with Fazio IIRC (or was it Soldado?).

Football stinks in todays game.

Agreed. I dont resent Neymar for all the money he'll make however its pretty sad/disappointing when you see an individual/group/(country?) completing distorting the game. We've had cheatski's millions from RA and the Man C money, and going back further the era in Italy where people like Berlusconi bankrolled clubs like Milan, however at least they were in established leagues. There's no way in the world that PSG could ever have afford to pay £200m on a player with out the Qatari's gazillions....and its similar with the Chinese league attracting players like Tevez. The China one will actually become more and more of a factor simply because of the sheer wealth and number of fans over there - roll the clock forward 5 years or so and its perfectly feasible that some of the best players in the world will move there whilst in their prime (ie age 25-28 say). European football will have some difficult decisions then given that it'll be the first time when another part of the globe has started to take away big name players

I wonder if Qatar, I mean PSG would be making this signing if the situation in the Middle East was different?

Seems like Qatar flexing there muscles

Agreed. I dont resent Neymar for all the money he'll make however its pretty sad/disappointing when you see an individual/group/(country?) completing distorting the game. We've had cheatski's millions from RA and the Man C money, and going back further the era in Italy where people like Berlusconi bankrolled clubs like Milan, however at least they were in established leagues. There's no way in the world that PSG could ever have afford to pay £200m on a player with out the Qatari's gazillions....and its similar with the Chinese league attracting players like Tevez. The China one will actually become more and more of a factor simply because of the sheer wealth and number of fans over there - roll the clock forward 5 years or so and its perfectly feasible that some of the best players in the world will move there whilst in their prime (ie age 25-28 say). European football will have some difficult decisions then given that it'll be the first time when another part of the globe has started to take away big name players
Well, that remains to be seen. Every time a milestone is reached (first million pound player, first £1,000/week contract, etc. etc.), there are always people that come out and say "oh how the game has changed!" But it's just part of a normal progression, which sometimes happens in spurts instead of following a smoother curve.

Personally I am more concerned with the inflated player values than with Neymar going for £200 million. Every single player is so much more expensive now compared to just the January transfer window! And if I'm upset it's because it is putting my team at a disadvantage. With last year's prices we could have probably afforded some of the players on our radar, but not this year. That's what sucks. But at the same time, that's what would make a top 4 finish and a good showing in the CL so much sweeter, since we would be doing it in a more organic way.

Anyhow... COYS!

what's the difference between this and walkersteel bankrolling blackburn?

or longson haulage bankrolling derby?

nothing new here, the only thing that changes is the number

Marca claims Bale has been offered to Chelsea and ManU because Real are so confident of getting Mbappe.

Back