• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

No. Apparently we're going to let another English side sign him first so we can see whether he's flavour of the month or not.

I don't really see any similarities with Bale and Alves though tbh. Although I still don't really rate Alves.[/QUOTE]

Me too, for this wonderful attacking full back I hardly ever see him beat a man or anything. He hugs the touchline but when he gets the ball he doesn't really do a lot and his end product isn't great. I'm not sure he's even that much better than Walker?

#-o

Over the past 4 seasons he has scored 12 league goals for Barca, more importantly he has provided 15, 15, 20 and 18 league assists. When you add to that his contribution in the cups I figure this is either a wind up or you have a not got a clue mate :D

Bale will have to change his mindset at Barca. He'll need to recover quicker and better, stay wide and be patient, be willing to battle and exicute a lot of 1-2s where he is not player being released.

I still would like to see him play 4-5 games as a striker. Channeling the LC third of the field. Seems crazy but I believe he would score 20 easily for us.

Bale and Kagawa up top, with LM, Modric, Sandro, Lennon/Walker

Don't be silly, Shane Long played in the Championship and Fletcher came from the SPL.. they're not big names, so we can't sign them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fletcher is brilliant, if he wasn't scottish and more of a chick magnet he would get so much attention. He has everything, pace, strength, touch, finishing, workrate. At times he brings down high balls on the tip of his toe just like berbs used too. I would consider paying up to ?ú10-12 mil for him. In a decent team he will definitely flourish.

#-o

Over the past 4 seasons he has scored 12 league goals for Barca, more importantly he has provided 15, 15, 20 and 18 league assists. When you add to that his contribution in the cups I figure this is either a wind up or you have a not got a clue mate :D

No not a wind up! I saw the stats, must admit that assist count is impressive but very surprising. I'm only going by what I've seen which is a fair bit of Barca and for me he often shoots when he shouldn't, fails to beat his man most of the time, or just cuts in and passes the ball sideways. I rarely see him do anything of real note (bar some spectacular play acting of course) even though I recognise he has all the attributes of a quality wing back.

Those assist stats are very good, but I can only base my opinion on what I've seen with my own eyes....

Fletcher is brilliant, if he wasn't scottish and more of a chick magnet he would get so much attention. He has everything, pace, strength, touch, finishing, workrate. At times he brings down high balls on the tip of his toe just like berbs used too. I would consider paying up to ?ú10-12 mil for him. In a decent team he will definitely flourish.

Not sure I'd go so far as "brilliant", but yeah, he's become an impressive and very underrated player. I cannot say whether he's Top 4/CL quality, but maybe.

They did that funky Bojan deal with Roma as well so they could get the money for Fabregas. Think it was Roma give them 12m, then two years later Barca have to buy him back for 13m.

Back