• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Agree. I just think it's because we have to ?ú50m players, which is a big cash sum even for Madrid, Barca, City and Chelsea. It's the buying clubs who'll want to try and offload their 'deadwood' if they can.

Who are players who aren't good enough for them(in the majority of cases), so why should we want them?

Silly media.

Are you not concerned that he is more lightweight than Gio? I am intrigued, in what position would you play him?

he is more lightweight thahn Gio i'll give you that but he was heavily regarded at barca...alot more than Gio and quite frankly i wont forget his exploits at junior level , in some contests he was near unplayable.

I'm off the opinion that he needs a new arena that he can act like a big fish, raise his profile / confidence and then we get the best out of him. under harry he would have more freedom to play...playing at barca is a ALOT of pressure..but i confess to not seeing him in italy. i dont rate that league AT. ALL.

i would play him wide of a front three or with a hold up striker or even behind the striker...seriously the kid is very versatile and he has sublime technical ability ...pretty good in give and go passes and has been trained on how to play in tight spaces / corners.

talented footballer...if we could get him and jovetic...we should

Already signed for Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande. Good player though and available fairly cheaply, surprised some English, Spanish or Italian clubs weren't in for him.

I agree. The only problem is that a lot of the players we might want from City probably wouldn't want to come to us or are on massive wages.

Adebayor is the only obvious fit for me that is possible. We don't need De Jong with Parker and Sandro at the club, Johnson isn't good enough imo, Milner is decent, but no more and not a player type we need, Richards is best as a right back and we have Walker. Maybe Tevez.

Tevez and Adebayor + City paying most of their wages for 4 years so they'll sign for us and then add ?ú20-30m.

i'd drive kyle walker to city myself if it meant we could get richards.

maybe tevez? if tevez is available you get him......he's one of those players IMO.

and as for the ultimate squad player.....= milner. you get him too if you can IMO

Although i'm mostly right there with ya, I think Bales form of late has people wanting to cash in. If he continues to try to cut inside and lose possession I'd be for cashing in as well. He's just been awful of late*. The only times he looks threatening is when he's running down the line or to the left of a defender. He can't use his right and doesn't have the touch to move about through midfield. For me, Lennon has been 3 times the player and much much much more effective at cutting inside since he's come back from injury.

*compared to his formerly brilliant play

Great post. 100% agree.

Bales right leg is for standing on!!! At the Blackburn game he went right and tried to bend one in with the outside of his left foot because his right s o brick!!!

He's best playing on the left touching the touchline or bursting though the middle on the break. He ain't a bloody right winger!!

he is more lightweight thahn Gio i'll give you that but he was heavily regarded at barca...alot more than Gio and quite frankly i wont forget his exploits at junior level , in some contests he was near unplayable.

I'm off the opinion that he needs a new arena that he can act like a big fish, raise his profile / confidence and then we get the best out of him. under harry he would have more freedom to play...playing at barca is a ALOT of pressure..but i confess to not seeing him in italy. i dont rate that league AT. ALL.

i would play him wide of a front three or with a hold up striker or even behind the striker...seriously the kid is very versatile and he has sublime technical ability ...pretty good in give and go passes and has been trained on how to play in tight spaces / corners.

talented footballer...if we could get him and jovetic...we should

I wonder how gettable he is given Fiorentina's poor season? I know he is a real talent and he would be one of those signings where we could possibly swoop under the radar and clinch the deal almost because other clubs have forgotton about him whilst concentrating on other players. It would be an exciting signing for sure!

i'd drive kyle walker to city myself if it meant we could get richards.

maybe tevez? if tevez is available you get him......he's one of those players IMO.

and as for the ultimate squad player.....= milner. you get him too if you can IMO

I agree that Richards is better than Walker at the moment. My point is that while Richards is good he isn't worth as much to us seeing as we already have Walker as say a striker or goalkeeper could be, unless he could be converted back to a centre back.

Maybe Tevez was maybe we could get him. Of course if we could we should.

Not convinced by Milner. Like you say, squad player. Not worth losing Bale over. If we're going to lose him to City it would have to be with the view of bringing in someone that can improve our starting 11 significantly.

I agree that Richards is better than Walker at the moment. My point is that while Richards is good he isn't worth as much to us seeing as we already have Walker as say a striker or goalkeeper could be, unless he could be converted back to a centre back.

I agree Richards is the best RB in the Prem at the moment, he can also play at CB and i have a mate who is a City ST and he has seen Richards play CM and he thinks thats is best posistion.

I wonder how gettable he is given Fiorentina's poor season? I know he is a real talent and he would be one of those signings where we could possibly swoop under the radar and clinch the deal almost because other clubs have forgotton about him whilst concentrating on other players. It would be an exciting signing for sure!

It would be more about getting him to come here than getting the club to part with him. At the moment Juventus want him and according to the Turin media he wants to go there. But a transfer to Juventus would not be straight forward for the Fiorentina owners. Fiorentina fans have an non-reciprocated hate for Juventus (pretty much like West Ham fans and Tottenham) and they'd hate to see their star player go to them. There were riots on the streets of Florence when Baggio was sold to Juventus. So Fiorentina would love to cash in but the question is Jovetic willing to move somewhere other than Juve or are the owners prepared to suffer the abuse from the fans and sell him to Juve anyway.

Adebayor is the only obvious fit for me that is possible. We don't need De Jong with Parker and Sandro at the club, Johnson isn't good enough imo, Milner is decent, but no more and not a player type we need, Richards is best as a right back and we have Walker. Maybe Tevez.

Tevez and Adebayor + City paying most of their wages for 4 years so they'll sign for us and then add ?ú20-30m.

Havent been online for a few days and so reading through this thread I find myself thinking "Why has no one mentioned city paying wages?"

We did it with Keane, we did it with Woodgate (as I recall) and Ive no doubt we have done it with others.

As I have mentioned, in Jan there were strong reports that we were buying Adebayor from city for a super knock down price - in order to give Ade a signing on bonus. Another report, but variation of the same, had us signing Ade dor ?ú12m but city giving him a ?ú5m handshake...

This kind of thing happens a lot IMO, particularly around rich clubs. If they want Bale we get a shed load of money, a couple of key players AND the promise of contract contributions... IMO

I agree Richards is the best RB in the Prem at the moment, he can also play at CB and i have a mate who is a City ST and he has seen Richards play CM and he thinks thats is best posistion.
Don't think you can really say Richards is the best RB in the Prem when he can't even get in his own teams starting line up.....

Don't think you can really say Richards is the best RB in the Prem when he can't even get in his own teams starting line up.....

3 Points with him for me
1) CAN be an absolute beast, amazing at times
2) Tends to be, for me, hugely inconsistent and often does a disappearing act
3) What on earth have they been pumping into him? Gamma radiation!?

3 Points with him for me
1) CAN be an absolute beast, amazing at times
2) Tends to be, for me, hugely inconsistent and often does a disappearing act
3) What on earth have they been pumping into him? Gamma radiation!?

Lol yes, definitely inconsistent.There's been at least a couple of times where I've thought he's cracked it and then he goes disappearing again. I'm sure he will eventually hit the heights he promises though, he's still young.

Oh, and it has to be said Zabaletta has been exceptional....

He has played in 28 lge games this season ( 25 as a starter ) so i do not know where you got that from. :-k

He has played in 28 lge games this season ( 25 as a starter ) so i do not know where you got that from. :-k

Have you seen him start recently? Yes he was injured, but has been fit for a while and has been kept out of the side by the excellent Zabaleta. If he was the best RB in the league he'd be playing - right now he's not even the best right back at City....

Have you seen him start recently? Yes he was injured, but has been fit for a while and has been kept out of the side by the excellent Zabaleta. If he was the best RB in the league he'd be playing - right now he's not even the best right back at City....

He definitely is. But Zabaleta is very good.

When you have quality back up it means you don't have to rush your starting XI back to fitness, Richards has been on the bench for a couple of games, but he's still getting back to full fitness and Zabaleta's been in good form. That doesn't make him a better player than Richards

He has played in 28 of the 36 lge games this season, he has been injured for a few as well. So again your point is not well made. If you think he is not the best right back fine but City think he is or he would not have played as many games.

Does anyone on here have any first hand knowledge in terms of watching Javi Marquez from Espanyol? Heard him being talked up tonight even though he is out of favour. Guillem Balague has also mentioned him before - anyone know what he is like?

Am I the only one who thinks that we should try to get our hands on Pepe Reina? I know he's settled at Liverpoo but if we're looking for the man to replace Big Bad Brad, then he's proven in the PL, very experienced but still has years left in him and is playing for a club which hasnt played in the CL for a few years and realisitcally isnt like to for at least a couple more. Granted they wont want to sell but if we get in the CL, put a fat offer on the table and Harry does he usual tactic of leaking his interest to the press then you never know. He's by the far the best gettable GK who has done it in the PL before

THere should also be limited competition for him as Barca and Real as fine re GKs, as are ManUre, ManC, Cheatski.

Back