• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Keep seeing new posts in the thread and getting excited. :(

Ah you must be new around these parts :D

I've seen many a transfer window come and go, always lots of pointless chat and managers being chastised for not signing the next big thing who goes on to never be heard of again.

"Why isn't Harry signing "Sigmund Roijstokov" from some 2nd league Swedish team? He's obviously the bees knees."

Speaking of overhyped brick players who were found out - who remembers Sow, aka the new Anelka? :lol:

Went to the mighty Super Lig and was never heard of again

Isn't that exactly what is happening to Giroud right now? Few goals in consectuive games and the inevitable 'links'

Its clear our scouting network needs an overhaul, for as long as I can remember we have always been heavily linked with flavour of the month players.

Page 101, and some people still want to sell Modric?

For me its not a question of want, if hes not happy and we get good money for him then sell him and spend the money to improve our squad, he does not influence games the same way as a Ronaldo, or a Tevez, if he is happy to stay then great, but it must be unsettling for everyone when the media tossers just wont leave it alone.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/dutch-reports-tottenham-begin-negotiations-to-sign-ajax-defender-jan-vertonghen/

Dutch reports: Tottenham begin negotiations to sign Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen

Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf report this morning that Tottenham have begun negotiations with Ajax to sign central defender Jan Vertonghen.

Spurs have reportedly targeted Vertonghen as their most important summer transfer target and are eager to wrap up a deal quickly.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has been frustrated at chopping and changing his central defensive partnership throughout the season with Ledley King, William Gallas, Michael Dawson and Younes Kaboul all succumbing to injuries during the campaign.

De Telegraaf report that Spurs are hoping to seal a deal for the Belgian defender for less than 10 million euros and discussions have already begun between VertonghenÔÇÖs agents and the north London club.

Vertonghen seems almost certain to be playing Premier League football next season with the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United and Saudi Sportswashing Machine also interested.

The 25-year-old defender was hoping to keep these negotiations quiet with Ajax set to clinch the Eredivisie title this evening but Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is eager to seal a deal quickly.

Whilst Vertonghen has struggled to break into the Belgium national team on a regular basis (he does have 36 international caps), with ArsenalÔÇÖs Thomas Vermaelen and Manchester CityÔÇÖs Vincent Kompany the first choice pairing, he has been in inspirational form for Ajax in recent weeks.

The captain of the Amsterdam giants is a cultured ball-playing central defender who revels in setting up attacks from the back. Vertonghen is also strong in the air and in the tackle but may struggle against diminutive pacey strikers.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/dutch-reports-tottenham-begin-negotiations-to-sign-ajax-defender-jan-vertonghen/

Dutch reports: Tottenham begin negotiations to sign Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen

Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf report this morning that Tottenham have begun negotiations with Ajax to sign central defender Jan Vertonghen.

Spurs have reportedly targeted Vertonghen as their most important summer transfer target and are eager to wrap up a deal quickly.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has been frustrated at chopping and changing his central defensive partnership throughout the season with Ledley King, William Gallas, Michael Dawson and Younes Kaboul all succumbing to injuries during the campaign.

De Telegraaf report that Spurs are hoping to seal a deal for the Belgian defender for less than 10 million euros and discussions have already begun between Vertonghen’s agents and the north London club.

Vertonghen seems almost certain to be playing Premier League football next season with the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United and Saudi Sportswashing Machine also interested.

The 25-year-old defender was hoping to keep these negotiations quiet with Ajax set to clinch the Eredivisie title this evening but Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is eager to seal a deal quickly.

Whilst Vertonghen has struggled to break into the Belgium national team on a regular basis (he does have 36 international caps), with Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen and Emirates Marketing Project’s Vincent Kompany the first choice pairing, he has been in inspirational form for Ajax in recent weeks.

The captain of the Amsterdam giants is a cultured ball-playing central defender who revels in setting up attacks from the back. Vertonghen is also strong in the air and in the tackle but may struggle against diminutive pacey strikers.

Wasn't he in negotiations with Arsenal just a few pages back?

De Telegraaf report that Spurs are hoping to seal a deal for the Belgian defender for less than 10 million euros and discussions have already begun between Vertonghen’s agents and the north London club.

Whilst Vertonghen has struggled to break into the Belgium national team on a regular basis (he does have 36 international caps), with Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen and Emirates Marketing Project’s Vincent Kompany the first choice pairing, he has been in inspirational form for Ajax in recent weeks.

Anyone know whether De Telegraaf is a reliable source or whether they're the Dutch Daily Mail?

I thought Arse began talks recently. Have we high-jacked the phone line?

Doubtful now, especially since they're 99% guaranteed CL football whereas our chances are 50% at best

Last edited:
For me its not a question of want, if hes not happy and we get good money for him then sell him and spend the money to improve our squad, he does not influence games the same way as a Ronaldo, or a Tevez, if he is happy to stay then great, but it must be unsettling for everyone when the media tossers just wont leave it alone.

To be fair to Modric, I think he's conducted himself well after the Chelski saga was put to rest. He's had a dip in form along with the rest of the team, but apart from that he's been one of our most influential players again. It's no coincidence Chelski want him and not Jenas.

I see no reason why we shouldn't say no again if the russians come sniffing again this summer. Selling a great player that we know plays well, and replacing him with a player that has done well for another club, is not how we improve. It could go either way. New players can flop, no matter their previous reputation and history - we never know. Which would leave us worse off, having already spent the profit we made from cashing in on one of our best players. Back to square one.

If we want to improve as a club, if we want to aim to be serious title contenders, we have to keep our best players, get rid of the deadwood, and buy better players to compliment the good ones that we already have.

To be fair to Modric, I think he's conducted himself well after the Chelski saga was put to rest. He's had a dip in form along with the rest of the team, but apart from that he's been one of our most influential players again. It's no coincidence Chelski want him and not Jenas.

I see no reason why we shouldn't say no again if the russians come sniffing again this summer. Selling a great player that we know plays well, and replacing him with a player that has done well for another club, is not how we improve. It could go either way. New players can flop, no matter their previous reputation and history - we never know. Which would leave us worse off, having already spent the profit we made from cashing in on one of our best players. Back to square one.

If we want to improve as a club, if we want to aim to be serious title contenders, we have to keep our best players, get rid of the deadwood, and buy better players to compliment the good ones that we already have.
Would Chelsea's purchase of Marin not mean that Modric is no longer needed?

They've pretty much wrapped up 3rd, mate. Whereas we'd have to battle it out with 2 in-form teams and hope ze Germans do us a favour in 3 weeks time

Would Chelsea's purchase of Marin not mean that Modric is no longer needed?

I don't know - possibly. Haven't seen much of Marin, but if he's the Modricesque player reports make him out to be, then probably.

Then again, I don't think Roman is happy with the way this season has gone for his FM team (if you disregard the CL success, which has been of the lucky kind), so I won't be surprised to see him splurge massively in the transfer market - which could mean both Modric and Marin. You never know with these billionaires and their toys.

I dont agree with this. He's an employee and he's under contract...him being happy has little to do with if he stays or not for me. as long as he performs on the pitch and acts professional then thats reallly all that matters.
Its also important not to bow to player power as well

i take it you would have sold him last summer and you indeed called for it? i'm glad levy didnt follow that line of thinking to be honest otherwise we wouldnt have even had the season we have had so far

do you remember games that we have played without modric? west brom aside (and even that was ouch and go for large spells) we have looked extremely pedestrian and void of ideas.

its easy to point fingers and say that we dont need modric, especially when we are doing badly......its easier to find fault all over the place at that juncture....but would you then say the same about the likes of ade, lennon, sandro, parker, bale, kaboul etc etc? all players that tecnically havent performed well during our bad run.

another thing i wouldnt mind raising is that you say that we sell him and use it to invest in the squad...how many players does that get us? and are any of them better footballers than modric? if not then why sell him? Unless we are flat broke that we cant buy players without selling?

i dont get the idea of selling your best players. it makes no sense to me. you'd have sold him to chelsea and we would have been well and truly fudged then

They've pretty much wrapped up 3rd, mate. Whereas we'd have to battle it out with 2 in-form teams and hope ze Germans do us a favour in 3 weeks time

Whilst that is true, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and chelscum will battle it out and one of them if not both are gonna drop points. If we win today it would mean we go three or four points above them. Which in my view would guarantee us fourth. so suck on my balls.

Even if we finish 4th we would still have to rely on FC Bayern Munich beating Chelsea which currently is 50/50 at best. Yes, the same way Barcelona were meant to smash them for 5.

Whilst that is true, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and chelscum will battle it out and one of them if not both are gonna drop points. If we win today it would mean we go three or four points above them. Which in my view would guarantee us fourth. so suck on my balls.

Not to mention one point behind Arsenal. Tonight is our toughest remaining fixture....

Back