• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Huddlestone has been a big miss if truth be told. Not only the rotation thing, which I think is less important, but he's effective against those park the bus type teams where his mobility is not as important.

I think Siggurdson would also be affective but for different reasons. He strikes me as the Lampard type, but to be fair I haven't seen a whole lot of him.

I agree, Hud has been a big miss this season, lets hope he can get back to the level we saw before

Huddlestone has been a big miss if truth be told. Not only the rotation thing, which I think is less important, but he's effective against those park the bus type teams where his mobility is not as important.

I think Siggurdson would also be affective but for different reasons. He strikes me as the Lampard type, but to be fair I haven't seen a whole lot of him.

I agree fully. Not having the option to play Huddlestone alongside Modric, and possibly also rest Modric once in a while and replace him with Huddlestone has been a problem this season. If we do end up selling Modric this summer one of the reasons I'll be sad would be that we didn't get a chance to see Modric and Hudd alongside each other in central midfield more than the few games they did get. Both so talented going forward and really complementing each other so well while managing defensively at the same time.

I agree about Sigurdsson as well, assuming you're talking about Lampard in the attacking midfield role with 2 players behind him giving him freedom to roam and get forward. That is exactly where Sigurdsson is good from what I've seen and heard.

Olivier Giroud's agent claim we're interested in his client,
with FC Bayern and Liverpool. Arsenal have also sent scouts recently.

Think this is the kind of target we should aim at and scout heavily.
Just hope his club is more realistic with their asking price than the 40-50m euro they mentioned earlier.

[video=youtube;8R1NCl383Pk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R1NCl383Pk[/video]

Just hope his club is more realistic with their asking price than the 40-50m euro they mentioned earlier.

What type of striker in England is his playing style most similar to?

Looks like he's right time-right-place-type from that youtube.

Edit: I've just seen the overhead that was disallowed. Shame. That would have been sweet.

A slightly taller Mido on steroids with better attitude?

To be honest I haven't seen him enough to give a good enough comparison.
I see the highlights, once watched him for France against Germany when Saha replaced him later on,
and gonna see if I can find a download of Montpellier's game a couple of hours ago.
Would be interesting to hear what french people think of him if we have any on this board.
He does excite me as a player though, got a feeling his value will sky rocket after the euros.

Seems to have had a slightly late breakthrough at top level,
just as another french national I'd like us to sign - Adil Rami
Both 22 when they went to their first good side, and 25 for the French national team.

Valued the same as Zidame.. is he as wooden though.

If he is worth that... I give up!

Yet another situation where brick french footballer being overvalued and no doubt will end up in Turkey.

Oh dear, not Olivier Giroud :lol:

His agent is sooooooooooooo desperate for a transfer - to anyone!

Stay well clear, he's about as 'talented' as Jeremie Aliadiere

Doubt he'll go for that much, just what his club has answered when the press mention others interest in their player.
Although Montpellier might refuse to sell at any cost this summer due to Champions League next season.
Perhaps next season is a more likely time for him to leave, and I'm sure the asking price will be similiar to what Marseille demand for Loic Remy.

I take it you've seen him play several times since you can claim he's brick, overvalued and likely to end up in Turkey?

Doubt he'll go for that much, just what his club has answered when the press mention others interest in their player.
Although Montpellier might refuse to sell at any cost this summer due to Champions League next season.
Perhaps next season is a more likely time for him to leave, and I'm sure the asking price will be similiar to what Marseille demand for Loic Remy.

I take it you've seen him play several times since you can claim he's brick, overvalued and likely to end up in Turkey?

lol

Yeah seen him enough to form an opinion.

The French league is getting as bad as the Dutch.

I don't know whats worse, people on here talking up brick French players like Remy, or Martin Samuel continuing his crusade against UEFAs FFP.

***Mr Samuel, West Ham have to live within its means of 15,000 regulars and a bunch of groupon ponces. Get the fook over it***

I don't know whats worse, people on here talking up brick French players like Remy, or Martin Samuel continuing his crusade against UEFAs FFP.

***Mr Samuel, West Ham have to live within its means of 15,000 regulars and a bunch of groupon ponces. Get the fook over it***

Why do you say Remy is brick? It is not like French players struggle when they come to this league

Just finished reading his brick in Daily Fail about Emirates Marketing Project

He really is miserable

Do he want every club in the PL to be owned by a sugardaddy who can have his personal toy to play with as it was a game of Football Manager?

Why do you say Remy is brick? It is not like French players struggle when they come to this league

Remy reminds me of Wiltord.

The french overvalue worse than us on English players.

Also I don't like the French. lol Does it show.

Example

Prior to Sow moving to Turkey Lille were talking about Tottenham having to stump up ?ú20m

Couple days later he went to Fenerbache for Ôé¼10m / ?ú8m :lol:

Prior to Sow moving to Turkey Lille were talking about Tottenham having to stump up ?ú20m

Couple days later he went to Fenerbache for Ôé¼10m / ?ú8m :lol:

Until an actual bid is made, amounts that get banded about in the press mean nothing really. Besides if they intended to accept ?ú8m in the first place of course it makes sense to ask for ?ú20m. It is for the buying club to drive the price down, it makes perfect sense to me

You still failed to provide any evidence to support your view that Remy is brick. And as I say again, in general players from the French league do very well over here. In fact the best players from that league stand out over here. And with Remy being one of the best goal scorers in that league I think it a bit ridiculous to accuse him of being brick. But then as you point out, you don't like the French

Until an actual bid is made, amounts that get banded about in the press mean nothing really. Besides if they intended to accept ?ú8m in the first place of course it makes sense to ask for ?ú20m. It is for the buying club to drive the price down, it makes perfect sense to me

You still failed to provide any evidence to support your view that Remy is brick. And as I say again, in general players from the French league do very well over here. In fact the best players from that league stand out over here. And with Remy being one of the best goal scorers in that league I think it a bit ridiculous to accuse him of being brick. But then as you point out, you don't like the French

lol at not liking the French. Just for your info.. Everyone hates the French, its a joke. (put the bold in google)

As for me providing evidence on why I think Remy is brick.

I have none other than my own eye. Does that mean I'm wrong!? Besides I have already stated he reminds me of Wiltord... another brick French striker. :)

Lille winger Eden Hazard, a target for Manchester United and Emirates Marketing Project, attended the derby clash between the sides on Monday night.

Back