• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

It's also a matter of the goals our other players score,
Rafa and Bale will likely score less teamed with a pure goal poacher rather than a team player like Ade.
Not saying we can't improve on Adebayor, but it won't be easy.
Leandro, Remy and especially Higuiain (who'd be a Klinsmannesque signing) could all be better,
but they aren't guaranteed success all of them and it won't be easy nor cheap to sign them.

Have to consider the African Nations cup is next season as well,
but keeping Adebayor and signing Ba as an upgrade on Defoe would strenghten us and is affordable.

I dream of Llorente, Cavani, Falcao, Higuain as well, but ..

Remy, Leandro, Giroud strike me as the more exciting up coming strikers we might get in

Rafa and Bale will likely score less teamed with a pure goal poacher rather than a team player like Ade.
Leandro, Remy and especially Higuiain (who'd be a Klinsmannesque signing) could all be better,
but they aren't guaranteed success all of them and it won't be easy nor cheap to sign them.

but keeping Adebayor and signing Ba as an upgrade on Defoe would strenghten us and is affordable.

Remy, Leandro, Giroud strike me as the more exciting up coming strikers we might get in

It was ANC this January I'm sure. Wasn't it?

Ade can be annoying in front of goal, not really a clinical finisher, but he still manage a 1 in 2 average.

Check out all our strikers Premier League games per goal ratio

1.86 - Jurgen Klinsmann
2.23 - Emmanuel Adebayor
2.40 - Teddy Sheringham
2.52 ÔÇô Rafael van der Vaart
2.59 - Dimitar Berbatov
2.62 - Robbie Keane
2.91 ÔÇô Jermain Defoe
2.94 ÔÇô Chris Armstrong
3.33 - Darren Bent
3.43 - Ahmed Mido
3.58 - Les Ferdinand
3.71 - Roman Pavlyuchenko
3.97 - Steffen Iversen
4.29 - Frederic Kanoute
4.35 - Nicky Barmby

Stats can be so misleading. Jurgen was obviously a class apart but strikers playing in better teams score more often. Is Ade the 2nd best striker of the last 25 years or is he just a decent striker playing in our best team for 20 years?? I'm leaning towards the later.

The three strikers I mentioned are all more than goal poachers. Also, if Ade had not been so brick in front of goal missing all those chances, I do not necessarily think it would have meant that Ade would have scored less goals. Either way the important thing is at the moment we are simply missing too many chances. Heck even Everton replacement for Saha who came from the Scottish league looks a better finisher than our strikers

Ade has done alright. :)

VdV was a Real Madric cast off, City aren't quite at the level Madrid are, but their squad players aren't much worse...

I'm not against buying unwanted players from better clubs if we can get them in cheaply, can be a very good idea. Just not Adam Johnson :evil:

VDV wasn't getting into the Madrid team because of a change in manager and because of players that had come in who were vastly superior such as Ronaldo, Ozil and Kaka. VDV's talent has never been in question.

Johnson on the other hand is plainly not good enough to get into their team, says a lot when they are crying out for width and he still cant get a game.

Not sure on their reasoning, but they've moved the ANC around.
It was this year 2012, and they'll play next year as well 2013.
After that it's 2015. Maybe they did it to avoid World Cup clash

Stats can be so misleading. Jurgen was obviously a class apart but strikers playing in better teams score more often. Is Ade the 2nd best striker of the last 25 years or is he just a decent striker playing in our best team for 20 years?? I'm leaning towards the later.

Me too. With the chances we created for him he should have scored at least 25 goals in the league. His hold up play has been very good but he has simply fluffed his lines too many times in front of goal, often with the only the keeper to beat.

The three strikers I mentioned are all more than goal poachers. Also, if Ade had not been so brick in front of goal missing all those chances, I do not necessarily think it would have meant that Ade would have scored less goals. Either way the important thing is at the moment we are simply missing too many chances. Heck even Everton replacement for Saha who came from the Scottish league looks a better finisher than our strikers

Not seen much of Remy but by all accounts he is more a link person than a goal scorer.

Him and Leandro are the players we need to go for, not necessarily those 2 players in particular but players of that level and stature because it seems they have good talent, are young and come with decent reputations. We unfortunately need to take a punt on some of these players and hope they come off and we can build from there.

That Hernandez at Palermo could be worth investigating, or maybe we should get a scouting network going in Uruguay, they seem to be churning out some top players at the moment.

In regards to Damiao, I think he has his heart set on playing Serie A football with Juventus. We can always match whatever bid Juve put in, but Leandro will probably just snub us. This was according to his agent though, so take with a huge, gold-speckled grain of salt.

some danchev said:
"Leandro really likes Juventus, he wants to play for them because they are one of the best teams in the world. Juventus are our first choice," Vinicius Prates told TuttoMercatoWeb.

"Leandro is a valuable player, he has a lot of eyes on him, from all over Europe.

"I had contact with [Juventus officials] Fabio Paratici and Giuseppe Marotta last year. I know that compared to the directors of Real, they are better, so I would say that Leandro prefers Juventus to Real Madrid."

Just adds more fuel to the uncertainty fire.

In regards to Damiao, I think he has his heart set on playing Serie A football with Juventus. We can always match whatever bid Juve put in, but Leandro will probably just snub us. This was according to his agent though, so take with a huge, gold-speckled grain of salt.

Just adds more fuel to the uncertainty fire.

Crazy, how long are Italian teams gonna live off past glory's?

Sent from my Nexus S using Fapatalk 2

Not seen much of Remy but by all accounts he is more a link person than a goal scorer.

Remy may be able to play the role of a linkman but I do not know he is the main goal scorer at his club. He can play with a partner as well as on the wing as part of a front 3. Scoring 24 in 50 league matches means he knows where the net is even though he can play as a link man.

Crazy, how long are Italian teams gonna live off past glory's?

The problem with Juve is that they are top of the league and have been unbeaten all season. However it might be a simple case of making a bid and lets see what happens

N

Him and Leandro are the players we need to go for, not necessarily those 2 players in particular but players of that level and stature because it seems they have good talent, are young and come with decent reputations. We unfortunately need to take a punt on some of these players and hope they come off and we can build from there.

Agree totally

The problem with Juve is that they are top of the league and have been unbeaten all season. However it might be a simple case of making a bid and lets see what happens

But their league is crap that's the thing, they never do very well in Europe. Only Jose mourinho and his uber bus parking did it for inter

But their league is crap that's the thing, they never do very well in Europe. Only Jose mourinho and his uber bus parking did it for inter

If we qualify for the CL next season, who do you think will have a better chance in it between us and Juventus?

Back