• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I take the opposite view to you (and a fair few others on here it seems) I think Berahino has everything that it takes to become a top class centre forward.... Pace, power, work rate, touch, balance, confidence. £22 million is probably over priced in terms of what he is worth right now, but you're paying a premium because of what he could become and it wouldn't surprise me if £22 million looked like good business in a couple of years time.

What about his attitude? Being arrested for drink driving is a terrible look anyway let alone mid season at 4am on a weekday.

Greg Stobart @gstobart

At Tottenham v Chelsea today. #THFC not in for Berahino and never were, Bony the one they want but seems almost impossible to do in Jan

We should gamble on this guy

[video=youtube;OQUZJ2Masz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQUZJ2Masz0[/video]

[video=youtube;bL73RSOWMf8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL73RSOWMf8[/video]

Last edited:
Think I'd rather take a gamble on him than pay stupid money for Depay

Depay will probably be stupid money to be sure, but I think he might end up being worth it. The kid has insane talent and reminds me a little of Hazard. If we are going to take an expensive gamble on youth, à la Lamela, then this is the one we should take IMO. I think Utd may have the same idea though and green to back it up.

Depay will probably be stupid money to be sure, but I think he might end up being worth it. The kid has insane talent and reminds me a little of Hazard. If we are going to take an expensive gamble on youth, à la Lamela, then this is the one we should take IMO. I think Utd may have the same idea though and green to back it up.

If United really buy another attacking player (for big money) soon, they should shoot LVG

Daily Mail claim Tottenham Hotspur are monitoring Everton midfielder James McCarthy.

Perfect, perfect signing if Poch is genuinely interested. Schneiderlin and McCarthy are very, very similar, and are probably the only DMs I'd actually want from the Prem at this stage (obvious ungettables excepted, of course). Technically gifted, relentless presser, high stamina, very intelligent defensively (gets into the right positions to cover for players breaking forward, knows when to press and where to press) and can play those long passes out the back that would really get Kane and co. the instant service they'd love. Still 23, and has both time and the potential to genuinely improve going forward.

Of course, he would cost 20-25 million quid and would probably only be realistic in the summer....but he'd be my logical 'next' choice post Schneiderlin saga. Plus, he wouldn't have much attention around him given his national team (Ireland) and his upbringing in Scotland (no sparkly foreign-ness, but also no HG status).

Think I'd rather take a gamble on him than pay stupid money for Depay

Would amaze me if we were able to get Depay. I would have thought there's been too much hype around him for us to not be outbid by a richer club whether in England, SPain, Italy or Germany

We have been doing well lately with a younger team. If this keeps up, we might just be building a reputation for youths taking that final step up, who knows who we might attract.

Did we once have a general outgoing transfer rumours thread? Might be a half decent idea?

Loads of rumours now the window is opening https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated a decent source, although actual links to the stories usually aren't posted.

Daily Mail and ESPN claiming that Lennon leaving is possible. Stoke rumoured to have made a bid.

Naughton to Swansea, Levy wants £5m apparently and Swansea not entirely convinced on that fee.

Did we once have a general outgoing transfer rumours thread? Might be a half decent idea?

Loads of rumours now the window is opening https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated a decent source, although actual links to the stories usually aren't posted.

Daily Mail and ESPN claiming that Lennon leaving is possible. Stoke rumoured to have made a bid.

Naughton to Swansea, Levy wants £5m apparently and Swansea not entirely convinced on that fee.

£5m is more than fair for Naughton - solid, English, PL experienced full back.

Would amaze me if we were able to get Depay. I would have thought there's been too much hype around him for us to not be outbid by a richer club whether in England, SPain, Italy or Germany

He's supposedly only looking for the biggest paycheck anyway. A perfect "project" player.

Back