• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Spurs site down again........I wanted to read about Keith Burkinshaw visiting the new training ground:(

better be a big transfer announcement when it returns

Being that we already have three natural left backs and two players who can play there competently spending 15m+ on a mod who can whip in some pretty decent crosses doesn't seem like the best investment, we need to be buying someone who's going to be on the end of those crossses.

Exactly, its no guide at all to what is happening, the market collapses at the smallest bet
Even when the page is opened.. they don't even have to take a bet.. Skybet own oddschecker, they know by volume of traffic if something is going to happen by people looking at specific markets.

Jermain Defoe is a target for new Stoke boss Mark Hughes – who wants to *reunite the England striker with Peter Crouch, write Dave Kidd and Tom Hopkinson of the Sunday People.

Tottenham are seeking a buyer for £6million-rated Defoe and Sparky is keen to bring him to the Britannia Stadium.

The 30-year-old England star knows he will be down the pecking order at White Hart Lane when Spurs complete the signing of David Villa and either Christian Benteke or Valencia’s Roberto Soldado.

Defoe has two years left on his £65,000-a-week contract, though, so the Potters would have to make him their highest-paid player to seal the switch.

Jermain Defoe is a target for new Stoke boss Mark Hughes – who wants to *reunite the England striker with Peter Crouch, write Dave Kidd and Tom Hopkinson of the Sunday People.

Tottenham are seeking a buyer for £6million-rated Defoe and Sparky is keen to bring him to the Britannia Stadium.

The 30-year-old England star knows he will be down the pecking order at White Hart Lane when Spurs complete the signing of David Villa and either Christian Benteke or Valencia’s Roberto Soldado.

Defoe has two years left on his £65,000-a-week contract, though, so the Potters would have to make him their highest-paid player to seal the switch.

Would be nice, but he won't go to Stoke (or anywhere outside of London and the SE).

Another article about Jese Rodriguez today. Still only "reported Tottenham target".

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8811663

Reported Tottenham Hotspur target Jese Rodriguez admits he is not certain to stay at Real Madrid due to a lack of first-team chances.

The Spanish winger was one of the stars of this summer's Under-20 World Cup and impressed last season with 22 goals in Real's B team.

But Jese's contract runs out in June 2014 and that has sparked speculation he could be on the move this summer.

And the 20-year-old confesses he would not necessarily want to remain at Real due to his uncertainty over potential opportunities under new boss Carlo Ancelotti.

"I want to play, and I don't know if I'll get many minutes in the Real Madrid first team," Jese is quoted as saying in the Spanish media.

Earlier in July, Jese had revealed he planned to hold discussions with Real to establish what his future holds.

"I don't know what the club wants with me. I assume they will want to offer me a renewal but I don't know what I will do. I'm not going to lie about it," he told Marca before Spain U20s' exit at the hands of Uruguay in Bursa on Saturday night.

"I am calm about my future. I've had a good season and I'm doing well at the World Cup now. I'm relaxed.

"Once the World Cup is over, we'll open talks to discuss my future."

Starting striker for Spain in the u20 World Cup wearing the number 10 shirt. Scoring goals for fun for Real Madrid Castilla. 20 years old. Just a year left on his contract.

Could he be the young striker we've all been hoping the club will bring in at some point since just about forever?

Should bid £10m for Jese and tell Real that if they accept they'll have first option on Batman.

Jesé - Benteke - Bale
Dembele - Paulinho
Sandro
Rose - Vertonghen - Kaboul - Walker
LLoris​

35m, do we have 35m ? Please?

Last edited:
Would be nice, but he won't go to Stoke (or anywhere outside of London and the SE).

bet you he will if there is enough money on the table and first team football

plus Stoke has plenty of munters to keep JD satisfied

Should bid £10m for Jese and tell Real that if they accept they'll have first option on Batman.

Jesé - Benteke - Bale
Dembele - Paulinho
Sandro
Rose - Vertonghen - Kaboul - Walker
LLoris​

nah, weve blown our load on Pauline

He just isn't good enough. He won't make it at a club any higher than mid Championship. He has looked very good at his youth level but there is a reason why Barcelona got rid of him (Falque too), not good enough, I'd be very surprised if Deulofeu doesn't make it at Barcelona.

Sorry, I hate this logic. People love to say that "Barca doesn't let great players go from La Masia," but it's just wrong. I guess Mikel Arteta isn't good enough. Jordi Alba was released from the academy, and Reina sold for very cheap. Same goes for our Nayim. Even Luis Garcia springs to mind as a player who has left La Masia to do good things. Arguably, Fabregas and Pique were poached, but they also left at a very young age.

You seem like a very knowledgable fan, but I think it's too hasty to completely write off Ceballos, especially just because Barcelona let him go.

Sorry, I hate this logic. People love to say that "Barca doesn't let great players go from La Masia," but it's just wrong. I guess Mikel Arteta isn't good enough. Jordi Alba was released from the academy, and Reina sold for very cheap. Same goes for our Nayim. Even Luis Garcia springs to mind as a player who has left La Masia to do good things. Arguably, Fabregas and Pique were poached, but they also left at a very young age.

You seem like a very knowledgable fan, but I think it's too hasty to completely write off Ceballos, especially just because Barcelona let him go.

Good points made but Ceballos ain't gonna make it for us. Has he even got a Wiki page?

Mikel Arteta was highly rated and playing first team football for Rangers at 21 years old.
Jordi Alba was a first team starter at 21 years old for Valencia and attracting interest from bigger clubs.
Jose Reina was number one goalkeeper for Villarreal at 21 years old.
Fabregas was star man at Arsenal at 21 years old.
Pique had just resigned for Barcelona at 21 and entered the most successful period in the clubs history.

Ceballos was released because he couldn't get into their C team and is now 21 years old and hasn't even made or come close to making a first team appearance for us.

Right, and those are WORLD CLASS players (except Arteta and Reina at this stage). There are plenty of QUALITY, USEFUL players who don't peak until a little later on. Plenty of footballers break through later in their career (Drogba, Luca Toni spring to mind), and fans these days are just so quick to write players off. How old was Benny when he made his breakthrough? Certainly would have been nice to give KPB a little more time to develop.

I wonder what you've seen of him that makes you sure he is a Championship-type player at this young of an age...

Mikel Arteta was highly rated and playing first team football for Rangers at 21 years old.

How would Ceballos and Falque do in the scottish league? At Celtic, as they're the top team like Rangers was back then.
Think they'd dominate to be honest

Jordi Alba was a first team starter at 21 years old for Valencia and attracting interest from bigger clubs.
Jose Reina was number one goalkeeper for Villarreal at 21 years old.
Fabregas was star man at Arsenal at 21 years old.
Pique had just resigned for Barcelona at 21 and entered the most successful period in the clubs history.

Ceballos was released because he couldn't get into their C team and is now 21 years old and hasn't even made or come close to making a first team appearance for us.

And also by your logic, we should probably avoid Jese Rodriguez, as he is already 20 and hasn't done anything in the first team. Or does that one year make that big of a difference? I would much rather go on a case-by-case basis than making big sweeping generalizations that if someone hasn't broken through to the first team by 21 that they are useless.

Jesé 20 - Villa 31 - Bale 24
Dembele 26 - Paulinho 25
Sandro 24
Rose 23- Vertonghen 26 - Kaboul 27- Walker 23
LLoris 26

Just wanted to point out the ages of the players in the above 11. Turns out Bale and Dembele have the same birthday (July 16). That 11 has power and pace everywhere and would surely be one of the toughest sides to beat in the Prem. I think we could even out Stoke, Stoke with that 11. Not that I would want that mind.

Back