• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham's second string vs asters tripolis

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a slight tangent, we've actually got a fair amount of very decent young players in the squad. The makings of a very good side here, so long as Mr Levy et al actually have the nerve to play the long game with Poch.

Half time report. Good overall performance. Much brighter and faster approach work than has been evident in Europa so far this season. Attack looks bright and industrious. Two superb strikes from Harry and Erik (a really unique round the back of one leg to bend it in the corner thereby using himself as the screen - unstoppable!).

The one worry is still the ball over the top where we have been caught out on several occasions and dead balls with no-one picking up.

Harry earning himself a start probably alongside Solly on Sunday instead of Chadli with Eriksen retaining his place coming in from the left in a 442 (or 4411 formation for the pedants).

Encouraging. More goals next half please.

I don't see him forcing out Chadli yet but even if he did, why would we change our formation when he is better suited to what we are already playing?

Only Lamela and Kane have really impressed me tonight. Dier and Davies have done ok, both going forward and back but Dembele and Capoue are a bit too static (bar that great run forward from Capoue). They both seem to ignore some good passes ahead of them and keep looking to go back or sideways.

Lamela is the midfield version of Defoe imo. Is excellent when instinctive but when he has to think he usually holds the ball a bit too long, or doesn't pass to the right player etc.

Chadli Lamela

Kane

Solly

Eriksen CM simples.

He might end up there but Eriksen isn't ready to play deeper yet IMO.

I'm all for giving Kane a chance in the PL team but I think that would give him the best chance of success if we stick with the 4-2-3-1 system that is bedding in nicely and put in either on the left or at #10. Personally, I would start introducing him from the bench regularly and see how he gets on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back