• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Crystal Palace OMT ***

Need to give Moussa a break after Saturday. Would love it to be Onomah in his place, but I doubt that'll happen. Really miss Winks in matches like this.

------Hugo------
KW--TBA-JV--BD
--Wanyama--Dier-----
Son--Dele--Eriksen
------Kane------

Indeed my friend I understand...but here's the logic behind my optimism.

1) Since Poch arrived we have improved each season.
2) We are on the verge of guaranteeing CL football again next season, first time back-to-back ever.
3) Our injuries this season have been worse than anybody in top 4 or 5 bar Liverpool. Some have had two out to deal with, we have played almost the entire season without fielding our first 11. I believe our first-choice defense has played less than 7 matches together, and given the importance of Rose/Walker, that is significant. We missed Kane for what, 8 games total? Lamela since October. Vertonghen for a big stretch. And then Winks got crocked right as he was a very, very viable member of our match day squad. Chelski have had amazing luck with injuries (probably due to more rest/deeper bench). Alonso was out at Man U and they were brick.
4) Our midfield has spring to life in a scoring sense. Goals now come from everywhere. Oh, and that three season wonder isn't too shabby!!!!
5) Honestly, the dive from Moses on Saturday was one thing; that goes for and against you. But Atkinson's failure to referee the game by the rules, and largely overlook Chelsea's egregious fouling and dark-arts tactics was a disgrace. If there is ANY criticism, it is we need to get cuter ourselves. We're getting there.
6) We are the best team in the country. It is a matter of time. Next season will be his third proper season with all the deadwood gone in charge (first season was university!)...I expect some Prem-proven talent (Zaha, Keane) to come in, and a ship-out of two (Sissoko and Georges)...maybe one other massive surprise, who knows?

Now for the illogical 7th point.

7) How ultimately Spurs would it be to now win the title? Easiest path to trophy denied. Chavs supposedly carrying all the momentum. Maybe a bit arrogant. A bit roostery. Perhaps it bites them. Perhaps we end up winning it on goal difference, you know, Aguero-style at Hull? Why not? why not dream? Because I think TBH, if this season ends up being deemed a 'failure' than WE are the tossers!!!

Good chat mate...

Belting post!

I was struck by Fat Sam's quote right after the Pool win (earlier in thread re resting players). Sam is a pragmatic bastard, play full strength and still may get nothing against us, then have a winnable home game 3 days later, or rotate, sacrifice this game for a rested, fully prepped main squad against Burnley on weekend?

Mentally we have to get it right, but bottom half teams have struggled against us this season, we are the best team in the league against everyone outside top 6.

Would be great to see Danny get some minutes, having a fit Danny for last five games would be immense.

I was struck by Fat Sam's quote right after the Pool win (earlier in thread re resting players). Sam is a pragmatic bastard, play full strength and still may get nothing against us, then have a winnable home game 3 days later, or rotate, sacrifice this game for a rested, fully prepped main squad against Burnley on weekend?

Mentally we have to get it right, but bottom half teams have struggled against us this season, we are the best team in the league against everyone outside top 6.

Would be great to see Danny get some minutes, having a fit Danny for last five games would be immense.
He'd be like a new signing...

Need to give Moussa a break after Saturday. Would love it to be Onomah in his place, but I doubt that'll happen. Really miss Winks in matches like this.

------Hugo------
KW--TBA-JV--BD
--Wanyama--Dier-----
Son--Dele--Eriksen
------Kane------
I think this will be the team

3) Our injuries this season have been worse than anybody in top 4 or 5 bar Liverpool. Some have had two out to deal with, we have played almost the entire season without fielding our first 11. I believe our first-choice defense has played less than 7 matches together, and given the importance of Rose/Walker, that is significant. We missed Kane for what, 8 games total? Lamela since October. Vertonghen for a big stretch. And then Winks got crocked right as he was a very, very viable member of our match day squad.

I believe that we have only been able to play our first choice 11 once in the league this season. If we agree that this is our first choice 11

Lloris

Dier Alder Verts

Walker Wanyama Dembele Rose

Eriksen Dele

Kane

Hopefully the players can stay focused and not let their heads drop after the recent Chelsea wins. So important that the season doesn't end now for us.

I believe that we have only been able to play our first choice 11 once in the league this season. If we agree that this is our first choice 11

Lloris

Dier Alder Verts

Walker Wanyama Dembele Rose

Eriksen Dele

Kane

Well, despite the impact Wanyama has made, my first 11 would still be (4231) Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose; Dier, Dembele; Lamela, Eriksen, Alli; Kane. We haven't played that team at all this season.

This is going to be a difficult match after the bitter defeat to Chelsea in the FA Cup semi final. This match will show what the team is really made of. The team need to recover from that defeat instantly if we want to stay in the title race. We finished last season poorly with no win in the last 4 matches which ultimately cost us the league title. Now we need to win all the remaining 6 matches to have any chance of winning the league title. We have a mixed record at Palace, winning 2 and losing 2 of our last 4 league matches there. We did win there last season. Let's hope we will win there again in this match. We also need to beat Palace to get revenge for losing to them at home in the FA Cup Round 5 last season.

Kane and Alli did well to score the goals against Chelsea in the FA Cup semi final last week. Too bad it was not enough to help us progress to the Final. We will need both Kane and Alli to be more ruthless in front of goal for the rest of the season. Kane not only need the goals to help our league title race but he needs the goals to overtake Lukaku as the top goal scorer of the season as well. Alli scored the wonder goal against Palace last season. Let's hope he will get another of those goal again in this match. Son has scored 5 goals in our last 4 league matches. It will help us greatly if he can continue his goal scoring form. Let's hope Son will be fired up to make up for his stupid blunder against Chelsea when he gave away the soft penalty.

Our midfield of Wanyama and Dembele had a decent match against Chelsea. But too bad they couldn't stop Chelsea. We will need both to lift their game for the remaining matches. Dembele did well to score against Bournemouth for his first league goal of the season. It won't harm us if he can score more goals in the remaining matches.
Eriksen did well to create both our goals against Chelsea. We will need him to continue to create chances for our attack in this match. Remember, only Kevin De Bruyne have more assists than Eriksen in the league so far this season. Let's hope Eriksen will assist more goals to finish with the most assists in the league this season.

Our defence let us down badly against Chelsea. It was really annoying to concede 4 goals against our league title rivals like that. We will need the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld to recover from that and get back their best form for the rest of the season. Still feel the error-prone Dier has unsettled our defence since being involved this season. Let's hope our defence will be more alert in this match. It will help us greatly if we can keep the clean sheet in this match.

With Chelsea winning and being 7 points ahead of now us, the pressure is on us to keep on winning. We have no choice but continue to win as well to stay in the title race. But I think we should forget about Chelsea and the league title and aim to win each games as it comes. Afterall, we only need 1 more win to set our record total league points in the PL era. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to win this match.

I I can't dance with the views that as a club we are in a very good position and can only get better..

However, it could all change so quickly.. I know it is only paper talk but Dier, Kane, Alli, Rose, Walker, lloris Eriksen and Poch have all been mentioned as 'leaving'...

We have a recent history of selling our best players and I am worried that it could all fall apart again..

Poch , in my opinion, got team selection and formation wrong on Saturday and then failed to adapt when chelscums tactics became clear - catch us on the break or luiz hitting long balls into the space down our wings. We played well but in the same style as we did against Bournemouth and that is naive.. Mind you if eriksen had cleared the first defender at corners a little more often it would have made a difference... Back to poch though, if he went it could all crumble..

After chelscums win last night it is a rather deflated COYS from me today...

Hopefully the players can stay focused and not let their heads drop after the recent Chelsea wins. So important that the season doesn't end now for us.

Like so many of the fans, doom and gloom, doom and gloom. Can't believe people can watch this team all season and still doubt their quality, the past is exactly that and we should be looking forward not always looking back to what happened then unless to learn from previous mistakes.

Like so many of the fans, doom and gloom, doom and gloom. Can't believe people can watch this team all season and still doubt their quality, the past is exactly that and we should be looking forward not always looking back to what happened then unless to learn from previous mistakes.

I didn't say that it would happen. I just said that I hoped it wouldn't. I know that we are a different team than previous years, but it's still possible that the team has been affected by recent events.

Back