• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham versus West Ham****

Stupid free kick to have given away there by Dier. Not necessary. Luckily Ref blew for HT.

On Sissoko, as he has gotten more game time and perhaps taken part in a full preseason - he has proven to be more than an able deputy in that CM position.

On the squad - good game. Tough place to come to but perhaps the dinner last night helped - Strong performance by Spurs. Well done! Here is to a stronger second half from the Spurs.

Karen Brady must be crying!

I'd have been through against Zabaleta.

Obviously I'd have done a Sissoko and spazzed it off my own shin for a throw, but I'd have been through.
You can't say spazzed any more, it's offensive.

The correct term is Sissokoed

** cheap shot aside I do think he's doing a lot better for us since he started playing deeper.

Great half time result, nothing more than a decent performance. Couple of errors from WH and we're in the lead looking comfortable.

Hopefully we'll look comfortable through the second half too.

Anyone turning into the middle is being dispossessed - there's a gap between the defense and Kane and Alli chugging away up front, and West Ham are playing diagonal balls across the center circle to Arnautovic that no one's intercepting. Dier's dropping too deep, and Sissoko's going too wide while Eriksen floats, so there's a void in the middle that Kouyate and Noble are striding into.

I suspect Sissoko's wide runs are part of Poch's instructions.

Great half time result, nothing more than a decent performance. Couple of errors from WH and we're in the lead looking comfortable.

Hopefully we'll look comfortable through the second half too.

It is much more than a decent performance. Spurs have been on top. West Ham full backs havent crossed the half way line. Their midfield has only made passes when we have made errors. Only concern is Davinson Sanchez vs. Carroll.

Such beautiful intelligent football when Vertonghen, Eriksen, Alli and Kane combine.

For both goals it is all about clever running, perfect timing, perfect weight of pass, appreciation of the game flow, just ping ping ping goal. Simple.

You see other players huffing and puffing and fighting and swinging it high and elbowing and fighting and shinning and chasing and then these guys just turn on the style.

It's like when you see a beautifully made cake in the window of a deli... you think "I could make that, just do a sponge, bit of icing, bit of cream, strawberry on top... I could do that" and then you go home and make an absolute mess.

Auriers tackle on Arnautovic was pretty good too.
Hmmm, eventually. He lunged in about 40 yards out which was stupid as he has the pace to beat Arnautovic, then he came across too tight allowing Arnautovic a path to cut in, then he pulled Arnautovic's shirt and then made a great tackle...

Back