• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs West Ham United OMT***

I know you make your own luck. But Christ Almighty, that 1st goal, one ricochet is bad enough, but to get a double and the ball to fall right into his path, Uncanny.

And then the 2nd, yes, its our initial mistake, but the shot is off target and hits the post, anybody else and that ball goes the other way towards the corner flag...oh no, not Spurs, straight back perfectly to Ward-Prowse's feet

At some point between Oct 27th and Nov 6th somebody at the club must have run over 2 cats, never mind one

The Richy header was basically it from what I recall. For a match so so much controlled possession we basically created nothing and the few chances we had were of low quality.

Our xG was just 1.75 West Ham's 1.98

Given that the Richy chance probably accounted for almost .7 xG by itself it does confirm that we created nothing much at all and nothing of quality.

An open goal has to be a sizable probabilitty of scoring. That they hit the post initially was funny. Shame we didn't have cover.

It wasn't just Richarlison's opening. There were testing balls into the box. There were half openings for Gil to shoot, but he passed back. Sarr's shot over. Bissoumas shot blocked. etc. We were tired, and outside of Son and Madison we lack confident goal scorers. edit: Le Celco has shown he can finish but he also missed the target frequently tonight.

You mean the game he played in the centre and generally wasn't in a position to cut in or take 20 touches out on the wing?
In the second half he played on the right. PEH came on for Gil at half time. He scored his goal — the 90th minute equaliser — coming in at the back post…on the right.

fudge me people have extremely short memories.

So, it is just a central defender, a top class goal-scoring winger and a center forward who can score regularly? That's all? Hopefully it will be See it, say it, sorted.
Seriously, what is the point of buying Veliz if he only gets 3 minutes, if that?
Veliz is a one for the future punt signed by the data geeks.

We need to be buying people like the Feyenoord striker Gimenez if we are serious about doing anything.

In the second half he played on the right. PEH came on for Gil at half time. He scored his goal — the 90th minute equaliser — coming in at the back post…on the right.

And was he in any positions to cut in or cross on many occasions?

Veliz is a one for the future punt signed by the data geeks.

We need to be buying people like the Feyenoord striker Gimenez if we are serious about doing anything.
Wide players and creators first please. Gimenez wouldn't have scored today either unless he's was going to take ball if front of goal and beat two or three West Ham defenders. We created nothing for Son today. No through balls for him to run on to, no one touch inter changes in front of goal. The only way he would have scored is a 30 yard blast.

The Richy header was basically it from what I recall. For a match so so much controlled possession we basically created nothing and the few chances we had were of low quality.

Our xG was just 1.75 West Ham's 1.98

Given that the Richy chance probably accounted for almost .7 xG by itself it does confirm that we created nothing much at all and nothing of quality.

The positive is my 'internal XG', watching our performances, and seeing how well we play, suggests there is a lot more to come. We gave a lot vs City. We needed our forwards to put this game to bed before this limited squad tired. They didn't. But we were close to. A foot wide from Richi. A better cross or finish from Johnson. A strike from Sarr or Gil instead of over or a pass etc.

I remain positive and am philosphical: we weren't going to win the league this year. So better to learn, develop, and get some bricky luck now/build a stronger squad, and we will come good.

And was he in any positions to cut in or cross on many occasions?
Second half we were dominated by City? First 15 minutes of that half we had 70% or so possession. He absolutely did have chances to cut in.

Anyway, that’s not my point. He made a massive contribution the other day, and now is suddenly the worst player in the squad according to some people. It’s a truly fudging pathetic response.

Edit: Good one editing your post.

Wide players and creators first please. Gimenez wouldn't have scored today either unless he's was going to take ball if front of goal and beat two or three West Ham defenders. We created nothing for Son today. No through balls for him to run on to, no one touch inter changes in front of goal. The only way he would have scored is a 30 yard blast.
Yup, played within the width of the 18 yard box, made it easy for the Spammers.

That's very cherry picking. He got a goal. Great. Players get goals. Was super happy she he worked hard in that game.

But honestly. If you compile a video of his touches around the box. It's like a carbon copy..

I like Kulu. I have said before. If he can actually take a player on the outside or whip a cross in they will back off him. But he can't.

I still like him as a player. But just not out wide..

Son can’t play against packed defences

That's very cherry picking. He got a goal. Great. Players get goals. Was super happy she he worked hard in that game.

But honestly. If you compile a video of his touches around the box. It's like a carbon copy..

I like Kulu. I have said before. If he can actually take a player on the outside or whip a cross in they will back off him. But he can't.

I thought he was being moved central but he seems to stay on Paqueta

Second half we were dominated by City? First 15 minutes of that half we had 70% or so possession. He absolutely did have chances to cut in.

Anyway, that’s not my point. He made a massive contribution the other day, and now is suddenly the worst player in the squad according to some people. It’s a truly fudging pathetic response.
Because he had a decent game last week doesn't mean he has been brilliant this season. And nobody has said he is the worst player in the squad.

The positive is my 'internal XG', watching our performances, and seeing how well we play, suggests there is a lot more to come. We gave a lot vs City. We needed our forwards to put this game to bed before this limited squad tired. They didn't. But we were close to. A foot wide from Richi. A better cross or finish from Johnson. A strike from Sarr or Gil instead of over or a pass etc.

I remain positive and am philosphical: we weren't going to win the league this year. So better to learn, develop, and get some bricky luck now/build a stronger squad, and we will come good.
Internal xg is as bad as Xg
It’s a myth because you need someone to pull the trigger to make it count

I agree — he was extremely poor today and when he plays like that he’s frustrating. Look at how angry he was at full time, he knows it himself. He should have been dragged.

But players have bad days. Move on.

Back