• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs West Ham United OMT***

Enough good chances? I remember very few.

I’ll go with Ange.

”We created a lot chances to score goals and kill the game off and you keep the opposition in it when you don’t do that. We lacked some real conviction in the box and conceded 2 soft goals.”

Enough good chances? I remember very few.

Of course there will be few when there is a low block. But there were a lot of openings to score more than the one. Whether an OG from Zuma, or from Poros crosses. Or Richarlison's header wide, or Johnson not finding Son with 2-3 crosses when Son was free. Or Johnson not shooting with conviction. Or Sarr blazing over once, and Lo Celco 3-4 times.

There were amble chances to score the second goal. None that easy but plenty of them.

Ange got things wrong today BUT if we go back and look at his thread before the season, to a man we knew this season would be bumpy to overhaul a club and install a new mentality. That was before losing nearly an entire first team.

That's not to give him a free pass, we have to question things absolutely BUT we have to stick with what this project is, we can't go through the continuous cycle of managers and going in hard, especially after 15 games.
No one is suggesting we twist again. We have to stick with Ange.

But he has serious questions to answer. Today wasn’t luck or injuries. We had Romero back. How many times has someone said over the last month “if Romero doesn’t get sent off, we’d have x points”? He had a decent midfield and attack.

The problem wasn’t individuals today, it was two things. An inability to finish a team off when on top. An inability to generate chances against a team sitting deep. We’ve been here before this season.

Conte took absolute pelters last year for the pattern of losing first halves and scraping results second half. It was a pattern and we asked why on earth he couldn’t reverse it.

We’ve now seen a similar thing happen with Ange over 5 games. Score first and not win. It’s a pattern. He’s got to up his game. He’ll get time, he’ll get backing but tonight was not good enough.

Well that happened. Don't think i've ever seen us be more dominant in a half. Even second. Don't take your chances and be sloppy at the back. We all knew it was coming.

Not the fault of the tactics. Just needs a bit of tweaking.

The jan window can't come soon enough. Getting vdv and maddison back aswell.

But he has serious questions to answer. Today wasn’t luck or injuries. We had Romero back. How many times has someone said over the last month “if Romero doesn’t get sent off, we’d have x points”? He had a decent midfield and attack.

The problem wasn’t individuals today, it was two things. An inability to finish a team off when on top. An inability to generate chances against a team sitting deep. We’ve been here before this season.

Conte took absolute pelters last year for the pattern of losing first halves and scraping results second half. It was a pattern and we asked why on earth he couldn’t reverse it.

We’ve now seen a similar thing happen with Ange over 5 games. Score first and not win. It’s a pattern. He’s got to up his game. He’ll get time, he’ll get backing but tonight was not good enough.

We generated loads of chances. What are you talking about? The final ball cost us.

We had Kane last year.

And a team that gets two lucky moments (double rebound and the ball hitting the post and coming back perfectly for JWP).

I’ll go with Ange.

”We created a lot chances to score goals and kill the game off and you keep the opposition in it when you don’t do that. We lacked some real conviction in the box and conceded 2 soft goals.”
What were those chances? I really don’t remember them? We scored from a corner, i really don’t remember their keeper making a save?

It’s incredible how much football can suck the life out of you sometimes. I feel so flat after tonight’s match. Just empty.

We played so well first half with quick passing and seemed in complete control. Except that although we scored, we actually created very little as West Ham soaked up most of our play. So whilst we needed to be 2-0 up at the break we instead ended up with only a goal to show for our territorial and possession domination.

Then second half we made poor substitutions and shot ourselves in the foot with poor mistakes in both defensive and attacking areas. I believed that tonight we would win and embark on a winning streak but no, another loss and only a single point from our last five matches.

Arguably our performances have deserved more but have they?!

What is higher possession and territorial advantage if you do nothing with it?! We need to create better chances and be more clinical with those chances that we do create. But how can we do that? I don’t know and only hope that Ange can answer that question in the way that he deals with questions in the press conferences.

I have full faith in Postecoglou but this cannot continue for him or for us. We need the answers, we need to get results over the line and I know it is a work in progress but how do we get there?

I hope that people here are patient as there are enough positive signs. It does take time to get to the destination and we can tell we are headed in the right direction. This is our first bump under Postecoglou and it’s just about adapting the map and maybe tweaking our journey so that we can get to where we want to be but I have full belief it’s just I can’t help but feel deflated and empty after tonight.

We didn’t second half. Can you point to a save their keeper made that you wouldn’t expect second half. We had the Richi header but, that aside, we huffed and puffed second half and created very little.

He made a couple that were straight at him. Richarlison heading wide. Creating chances doesn't mean the shot is on target either.

He might get backing from the fans but there is anything but a guarantee he’ll get time from the chairman.

And a team that gets two lucky moments (double rebound and the ball hitting the post and coming back perfectly for JWP).
First one I’d have to watch back, it looked fortunate. But second one wasn’t unlucky. We created the chance for them.

What were those chances? I really don’t remember them? We scored from a corner, i really don’t remember their keeper making a save?
Why are you looking for me to point out all of the chances? Do goals from corners not count? Does Kurt Zouma’s wild swing and hitting the post not count? What about Sarr, Bissouma and Porro(?) blasting over. Just because they’re not all 100% clear cut like Richarlison’s doesn’t mean we didn’t have good chances. And poor finishing often means no…the keeper doesn’t need to make a save.

Back