• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool OMT ***

Livermore, really? He plays like he has loaves of bread for feet. I'm struggling to see the thinking behind it. Why no Holtby?

I'd take a 0-0 right now.

Very unfair on the lad. I've seen play quite a few times, as well as going to his old secondary school so I know just how much talent he posseses.
Saw him quite recently against Manchester United U21's and quite frankly he bossed the whole game and pulled the strings.
I think he will surprise alot of people today.

I think we'll go back down to earth today. Their line up is just more impressive. And we played on thursday night. Hope im wrong.

Come on youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Spurs

I'm not no but I can admit when I'm wrong or when a player I don't rate has played well or 'great' something a few on here could do with doing too so go swivel.

That's my opinion and one shared by many others so just because it don't fit your agenda don't have a hissy fit. Your opinion is cool too. Anyway fudge that COME ON YOU SPURS! (Whether Benny is great or crap, a win is a win!)

In the cameos i have seen of Livermore these last few weeks i believe he might be able to do a job for us. I have faith in the whole spurs setup at the moment not just certain players.

Why? You think he is that worried by Enrique and Coutinho? That we would completely sacrifice our right attacking midfield threat?

Because I think that breaking up Parker and Dembele risks conceding the centre of the pitch. Livermore is comfortable going forward and can shoot, many think of him as a DM but he's really a box to box player.

Im worried about how were going to get the ball up the pitch, dembele is crucial for moving the ball up field, he cant do that if he plays in an advanced role...

However i trust AVB and i have full confidence he, and the players know what they're doing.

By playing Holtby surely you maintain shape no? Im not Holtbys biggest fan by any stretch and has something to prove etc but he seems a bit of a better player than Livermore and would allow us to play our game

Im surprised

Shame we don't have Dempsey to be able to pick on, he is very up for taking on an unusual role and protecting our flanks.

But the way we are playing, and the type of players we have character wise, everyone will pick up the ball and run. Or should it be receive the ball and run ? Dembele 'wide' right and Siggy wide'' left. We need Parker and Jake to cover the back four properly, Moussa and Siggy squeeze it when we don't have it. So how do you'all reckon they'll mark Bale ?

I do think Livermore is a better passer of the ball than Parker. As long as he keeps it moving. Quick and easy. Didn't we play the same two in midfield here last season in the 0-0?

------------------Friedel,
Walker, Dawson, King, Assou-Ekotto,
Kranjcar, Parker, Livermore, Modric, Bale
-----------------Adebayor

That was last season.

Walker and Bae need to have big games today, at that back and going forward. Walker in particular could be one of our biggest threats with Lennon out. I fancy him to get one today.

Not a huge shock to see Ade not involved. He was stretchered off the field only a week ago after all.

actually i didnt even consider dembele

i dont know about easily but i do feel he can adequately deputise

If you consider his career which he has played as a side MF / winger in AZ and Fulham , he's the only player who can fill Lennon's vacancy at this moment.

Switching him to the side and play Livermore in the central is perplexing but TBH do we have any other better option (probably only Holtby on the right)

Whilst Bale's been great in the middle, he needs to make two runs down the left. Guaranteed yellow for Carragher each time, 10 men, easy win.

Back