• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley *** FA Cup OMT ***

Of all our remaining fixtures this season, this is the least important one. Still a must win. The absolute worst outcome would be a replay.

The pink ball has kind of killed it this year for me... like us to win but not gonna lose any sleep if we don't.

Could not agree more, I am traveling up for this and I will be ****ed off if we field less then our strongest team. Its the FA Cup for ****s sake.

Spot on. If I was a Hull fan I would be pretty peeved to travel 200miles to London and see 10 changes. As posted before I can understand 2 or 3 changes maybe, but I dont think we need to go wholesale, although I have a feeling we might well do. It may well depend on how serious Burnley take it too, right now the relegation could take priority bearing in mind they picked up 3 injuries on NYD

Spot on. If I was a Hull fan I would be pretty peeved to travel 200miles to London and see 10 changes.

Hull played a pretty strong team, but if I was a Hull fan I would say that as they are on the brink of relegation, they don't need a cup run to tire their players out for the Prem.

Burnley's next two games are home matches against QPR and Palace. Win them both and they'll almost certainly be out of the bottom three. They also have a number of key players out through injury right now. Even the bloke on the Burnley fan blog says:
...although you never want to see Burnley lose, would too many Clarets fans really be upset if we got knocked out and could then concentrate on the more important task of Premier League survival without any cup distractions?
So it's probably fair to say we won't be facing Burnley's strongest side. We should be capable of putting out a team that can win comfortably.

Burnley's next two games are home matches against QPR and Palace. Win them both and they'll almost certainly be out of the bottom three. They also have a number of key players out through injury right now. Even the bloke on the Burnley fan blog says:

So it's probably fair to say we won't be facing Burnley's strongest side. We should be capable of putting out a team that can win comfortably.

It seems many are forgetting how tough our game against Burnley was a few weeks ago - and with our full team, plus WE were at home. Granted Burnley have some injuries and might have go make many changes but why risk our momentum and fielding anything but a strong team?

If I see Kaboul in our line-up I will cry!

We can maybe rotate 2/3 positions but no more than that imo and I think we'll need a string bench just in case:

Lloris (though I'd be happy with Vorm)

Walker -- Fazio -- Dier -- Davies

Stambouli -- Dembele

Lamela -- Paulinho -- Chadli

Soldado​

Subs:

Vorm (or Lloris)
Kane
Eriksen
Townsend
Chiriches
Rose
Ade (if of sound mind)

Mark - they show all the games at a short-tailed chaffinch near me, if you don't have any joy by say 7 drop me a pm and I'll ask where they're getting this one from mate

Apparently they have only sold 6000 tickets (1500 Spurs) and will be closing one of the stands.. according to the Mail

Walker, Naughton, Rose and Jan were at the darts, Townsend said he had to watch it on tv as he's got a game on Monday ... so either the first four aren't in the squad or Andros is a model professional.

Walker, Naughton, Rose and Jan were at the darts, Townsend said he had to watch it on tv as he's got a game on Monday ... so either the first four aren't in the squad or Andros is a model professional.

Ah. Pink-bib theory time. I like it! :)

Makes sense if those 4 aren't playing. Naughton probably leaving and the other 3 rested as they've played a lot and played against Chel53a. Townsend on the other hand hasn't been playing as much and we're a bit lighter on options for those attacking 3 positions I think.

Last edited:
Didnt realise Wiziwig was shut down - that was my go to service - ****...

Anything else like it out there? Much appreciated.

If anybody knows of a way to watch this a PM would be appareciated, from hunting around I really don't this it is

It's on here for audio listeners

http://www.bbc.co.uk/5livesportsextra

According to representatives from the Norwegian TV-station with the PL and FA-cup rights this game is not being produced for live broadcast at all.

Meaning it's not going to be shown on any channel in the world and thus, no way to watch it.

If I'm wrong a PM would be much appreciated.

Burnley will have to make changes for their FA Cup tie against Tottenham.
Captain Jason Shackell and his replacement Kevin Long sustained injuries in the 3-3 draw with Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the Premier League last week.
Tottenham will be without Nabil Bentaleb, who has joined Algeria at the Africa Cup of Nations.
Fellow midfielder Ryan Mason is a doubt with a hamstring injury, while Argentina forward Erik Lamela could be absent with a calf problem.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30620968

Apparently they have only sold 6000 tickets (1500 Spurs) and will be closing one of the stands.. according to the Mail

No surprise really, that's what you get for moving it to a Monday night!

Hats off to those travelling up from the South, not so bad for us Northerners, although beware the M6 J17-19 is usually a nightmare and then J21-24

No surprise really, that's what you get for moving it to a Monday night!

Hats off to those travelling up from the South, not so bad for us Northerners, although beware the M6 J17-19 is usually a nightmare and then J21-24

Why was it moved to a monday do you know? I wouldnt have been surprised if it was on TV but all the other ties were played over the weekend and woul dhave expected us to have played yesterday.

Why was it moved to a monday do you know? I wouldnt have been surprised if it was on TV but all the other ties were played over the weekend and woul dhave expected us to have played yesterday.

From what i understand. Burnley & Sprus both didn't want to play on Saturday due to having played on Thursday. So they wanted to play Sunday but couldn't due to stewarding & police, well the line that was given. Therefore we ended up playing tonight.

Back