• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley *** FA Cup OMT ***

Spurs have a week's break before we face Crystal Palace in the League, so there's no reason to rest players.

We need to field as strong a team as possible against Burnley to ensure we have every chance of progressing in the FA Cup without the need of a replay.

Spurs have a week's break before we face Crystal Palace in the League, so there's no reason to rest players.

We need to field as strong a team as possible against Burnley to ensure we have every chance of progressing in the FA Cup without the need of a replay.

Hell to the YES !!!!

I agree by all means make the odd change 2 or 3, but dont change a winning formula, great chance to build some momentum, believe me Burnley away on a cold January night will be no walk in the park

But there's every reason to bring in players who haven't been getting much game time recently.

Not quite a week, we play on Saturday ...

My main worry would be a loss of momentum if we were to lose, rather than going out of the cup itself. I think I would rest Lloris, Eriksen and Kane, but the rest should be ok. RB and LB are interchangable imo so whichever two aren't playing at Palace should start this one.

I echo what someone said already:

The day we treat the FA Cup with a lack of respect will be a sad day. Fortunately, I don't think Poch will. 6 days til Palace so a relatively strong side should start.

We used to dominate the FA Cup but we have not won it since 1991. Since then FA Cup has become a jinx to us as we have lost 6 semi finals during that time. Of those, the semi final defeat to shyte Portsmouth in 2010 was unforgivable. Will never forgive Redknapp for that ! Hope Pochettino will do better than that by steering us all the way to win the FA Cup. Hope we will play a strong team in this match. There is no need to rest players since our next league match is almost 1 week away. We should not under estimate Burnley as they troubled us at home a few weeks ago.

The only players I will consider resting will be Lloris and Kane. Maybe Kane needs some rest as he is still young and has been playing in almost all the matches for us. Lloris too has been playing almost non stop for us. But then, if both are fit to play, we should play them. In fact, we should play our best 11. Maybe we can use Kane as a sub and start with Soldado instead. Soldado has done better in Cup matches, so maybe he can start.

Also, want to see the likes of Eriksen, Chadli and Lamela, if fit, start for us in midfield. Wish we can use Lennon as well, if he is available. Will prefer if we start Dembele and Stambouli in midfield too. I really think Dembele can still contribute much for us. I think Paulinho can play some part as well. Maybe Paulinho will be fired up for this match to show other teams he can still play.

Don't think we have any option in defence as we have to play Vertonghen and Fazio. Both have been improving as a unit, so we should play both together. Vorm did well in recent Cup matches. So won't mind if Vorm start in goal, instead of Lloris. Maybe we can rest Walker and bring on Chiriches in his place. Similiarly Davies can come in for Rose. After conceding 3 against Chel53a, hope our defence will do well to keep a clean sheet, even if we are playing away.

Performance is not really important in Cup matches like this. Hope we will do enough to beat Burnley and progress to the next round.

Any official team news yet ?

Really disappointed this match is not shown live here in Asia. With only Liverpool-Wimbledon match being played at the same time as this match, the TV stations really should be showing this match live. Hope we will turn up with the right mentality, put up a good performance and get a comfortable win.

Any official team news yet ?

Really disappointed this match is not shown live here in Asia. With only Liverpool-Wimbledon match being played at the same time as this match, the TV stations really should be showing this match live. Hope we will turn up with the right mentality, put up a good performance and get a comfortable win.

Bentaleb gone to ACN, Mason and Lamela doubtful. Vertonghen,Walker,Rose and Naughton at the darts :lol: Kane may get a deserved rest.

Didnt want too many changes, but I think may see quite a few tbh

Vorm; Dier,Kaboul,Fazio,Davies;Stambouli,Dembele;Townsend,Erisken,Chadli;Soldado (only guessing)

Anyone know if any foreign tv markets are showing this? Therefore giving us the idea if there will a stream.

Bentaleb gone to ACN, Mason and Lamela doubtful. Vertonghen,Walker,Rose and Naughton at the darts :lol: Kane may get a deserved rest.

Didnt want too many changes, but I think may see quite a few tbh

Vorm; Dier,Kaboul,Fazio,Davies;Stambouli,Dembele;Townsend,Erisken,Chadli;Soldado (only guessing)

That team looks about right to me

The day we treat the FA Cup with a lack of respect will be a sad day. Fortunately, I don't think Poch will. 6 days til Palace so a relatively strong side should start.

Could not agree more, I am traveling up for this and I will be ****ed off if we field less then our strongest team. Its the FA Cup for ****s sake.

Great news, hopefully he gets some minutes this time.

This, Onomah looks a massive prospect, would love him to work his way into the first team over the next couple of years.

I'm sat here watching Villa beat Blackpool in the last minute, Emirates Marketing Project beat Sheff Wed in the last minute due to bringing on star men, Sheff Utd beat QPR handsomely, Utd can't score against Yeovil, Stoke really struggled to put Wrexham down, it is VERY hard to beat teams in the FA Cup, so don't be surprised if our second string struggle hugely.

How many changes can one make before it goes from clever rotation to lack or respect?

Will people be as bombastic about the necessity of treating the FA-cup with respect if we get into the next round and the game is squeezed in between our two games in the league cup semi final where we're a lot closer to a cup final than we are in the FA-cup?

Onomah (sic) is in the squad for tomorrow, one of our promising youngsters

Excellent!

Of all our remaining fixtures this season, this is the least important one. Still a must win. The absolute worst outcome would be a replay.

Back