• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham OMT***

It's 3-5-2 IMO and that's what te TV people are saying too out here in Borneo

Makes sense with the players we ha e available IMO

I think we are beginning to see the strengths and weaknesses of our squad play out.

We have great depth at the back but really lack depth out wide. Was thinking earlier how Caulker deserved a game just didn't know how he'd get in ahead of Verts and Dawson. We have the luxury of having 4 CB's (including Kaboul once fit) that I'd be comfortable with starting against anybody.

Alternatively, outside of Bale and Lennon, we have literally nobody who could serve as a traditional wing in our squad. Part of me thinks Townsend would've had quite a few minutes in our team if he had stayed.

This will be something we need to address in the summer, partly depending on what formation AVB wants to use moving forward.

As for today:

I actually quite like it. Think we'll see Caulker and Vertonghen get forward quite a bit with Dawson holding. It'll also have Naughton and Assou-Ekotto in more of their natural positions and allow them a little more freedom getting down the wing. Sig should also see some time in the position he played so well at Swansea last year.

Think we'll create plenty of chances. We'll just have to wait and see how many Ade feels like converting today.

My Prediction: 3-1 Spurs

TEAM NEWS FROM THE LANE...

Steven Caulker returns to the starting line-up against Fulham this afternoon.

Michael Dawson also returns and partners Caulker in central defence, with Jan Vertonghen switching to left-back. Benoit Assou-Ekotto pushes forward to left midfield in place of Jake Livermore.

The other changes see Hugo Lloris back for Brad Friedel in goal and Gareth Bale back up front alongside Emmanuel Adebayor.

Mystery solved ?

I think we are beginning to see the strengths and weaknesses of our squad play out.

We have great depth at the back but really lack depth out wide. Was thinking earlier how Caulker deserved a game just didn't know how he'd get in ahead of Verts and Dawson. We have the luxury of having 4 CB's (including Kaboul once fit) that I'd be comfortable with starting against anybody.

Alternatively, outside of Bale and Lennon, we have literally nobody who could serve as a traditional wing in our squad. Part of me thinks Townsend would've had quite a few minutes in our team if he had stayed.

This will be something we need to address in the summer, partly depending on what formation AVB wants to use moving forward.

As for today:

I actually quite like it. Think we'll see Caulker and Vertonghen get forward quite a bit with Dawson holding. It'll also have Naughton and Assou-Ekotto in more of their natural positions and allow them a little more freedom getting down the wing. Sig should also see some time in the position he played so well at Swansea last year.

Think we'll create plenty of chances. We'll just have to wait and see how many Ade feels like converting today.

My Prediction: 3-1 Spurs

But you're not even looking at the Fulham team and their formation.
3 centre halfs at the back is ridiculous versus Fulham's 1 striker!

TEAM NEWS FROM THE LANE...

Steven Caulker returns to the starting line-up against Fulham this afternoon.

Michael Dawson also returns and partners Caulker in central defence, with Jan Vertonghen switching to left-back. Benoit Assou-Ekotto pushes forward to left midfield in place of Jake Livermore.

The other changes see Hugo Lloris back for Brad Friedel in goal and Gareth Bale back up front alongside Emmanuel Adebayor.

Mystery solved ?

Yes indeed thanks.

Adebayor looked clinically dead at the end of the Inter game, I'm perplexed as to why he's playing today ahead of Defoe or Dempsey.

Back