• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - CPO Now Granted!!!

What'll be interesting is if the South and SE parts still call themselves Park Lane and Shelf Side.

I wonder if keeping the same location will retain things like this, even though they won't technically be on the right roads any more.

Wont the South Stand now become the Paxton Road End and the North Stand be the Northumberland Park End?

Wont the South Stand now become the Paxton Road End and the North Stand be the Northumberland Park End?

Paxton Road will cease to exist - it will be buried beneath the pitch.

If anything it will be Park Lane (S) and Northumberland Park (N).

Or perhaps this will be our chance to introduce the Nicholson and Blanchflower ends (with the east and west being pencilled in as the Mackay and Hoddle stands after their passing)?

Great summary. Thanks!

I'd say that some of those companies are too fundamentally American in their outlook and client base to be interested in sponsoring a "soccer" stadium 3000+ miles across an ocean - even if it might also, eventually, become an NFL stadium. I think we need to be focusing on companies that already have an international profile or that are actively pursuing one.

If I had to guess, I'd go with a financial institution. Banking, insurance etc. We're based in London - one of the three great financial centres of the world. It would make perfect sense in much the same way that the two biggest naming rights deals in the world are for stadiums in New York sponsored, respectively, by Citigroup and Met Life.

Interesting point. I've been involved in recent sponsorship projects involving Sun Life insurance and Investors Group. Both have chosen to spend money on sports sponsorships (mostly at community levels, but very widespread) in order to give the public something tangible to attach their name to. This sort of business can be kind of nebulous to the average person and even perceived as a bit devious because they're making money off other people's money.

Last edited:

Yet Southampton managed to preserve the St Mary's name - Friends Provident Stadium never really took off.

But the exposure of Tottenham and Southampton are totally different. Obviously its harder for a small time south coast club to establish something like that.

Its also got to roll of the tongue whatever the name more importantly.

I don't think it will be a Fortune 50, they are either too American or already global.

I suspect it will be a company from outside the traditional ones, someone looking for exposure. Look how it worked for Emiates. Etihad and Qatari Airlines have followed suit. Just our luck to yet Malaysia Airlines, but I think the airlines roster is full. A company in China or India trying to make a global impact. For instance, Tata Group. It is already a global company but the name doesn't role of the tongue the way those of global brands do. I have no reason to pick this company other than it's an example of the type of company that might want to promote its brand. And the logo is OK.

150px-Tata_logo.svg.png

I don't think it will be a Fortune 50, they are either too American or already global.

I suspect it will be a company from outside the traditional ones, someone looking for exposure. Look how it worked for Emiates. Etihad and Qatari Airlines have followed suit. Just our luck to yet Malaysia Airlines, but I think the airlines roster is full. A company in China or India trying to make a global impact. For instance, Tata Group. It is already a global company but the name doesn't role of the tongue the way those of global brands do. I have no reason to pick this company other than it's an example of the type of company that might want to promote its brand. And the logo is OK.

150px-Tata_logo.svg.png

Tata means testicle in Hindi/Urdu. Can't be having that.

That most iconic of British motor car brands, Jaguar, is now owned by TATA.

Could see some sort of synergy if the Jacksonville Jaguars of the NFL were moved to London full time.

Jaguar Lane would do nicely.

As long as we're not sponsored by andrex or something similar I'm happy with anything that generates a load of money.

That most iconic of British motor car brands, Jaguar, is now owned by TATA.

Could see some sort of synergy if the Jacksonville Jaguars of the NFL were moved to London full time.

Jaguar Lane would do nicely.

White Hart Lane would be better..............

Jaguars at WHL......if must...

So when were knocked out of any cup there will be tons of photoshops with "Ta Ta" doing the rounds...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I missed the fact that the CPO was granted. So does that mean we can FINALLY commence the redevelopment?

I missed the fact that the CPO was granted. So does that mean we can FINALLY commence the redevelopment?

Yep. we start tomorrow should be in by Christmas :-"

Not quite, but another important step in that direction. We're still waiting for the "Stadium work underway" announcement on the official site, preferably with Levy in a white hard hat looking quizzically at a shovel.

More or less looks inevitable and relatively soon to be announced though.

Not quite, but another important step in that direction. We're still waiting for the "Stadium work underway" announcement on the official site, preferably with Levy in a white hard hat looking quizzically at a shovel.

More or less looks inevitable and relatively soon to be announced though.

Planning permission and tendering for a builder have to come before that.

Planning permission and tendering for a builder have to come before that.

I dread to think what cowboy Levy's going to hire.

Hopefully it's not Mr O'Reilly from Faulty Towers.

Back