• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - CPO Now Granted!!!

Absolutely not. Spurs do not and have never owned that piece of land. Archway are perfectly entitled to refuse all offers for their land/business until they get a valuation that they agree with. Clearly this never happened either because THFC would not offer a sensible amount or Archway wanted a ridiculous sum (depending on what side of the fence you sit on). Archway are also perfectly entitled to try to fight the CPO that has now been granted and ratified to the very end.

I think there might be a case if their argument is considered frivolous (which anything Archway can try to bring would likely be). Although we would only be awarded the costs incurred during this appeal, not anything that's happened previously.

I think there might be a case if their argument is considered frivolous (which anything Archway can try to bring would likely be). Although we would only be awarded the costs incurred during this appeal, not anything that's happened previously.

Yup. If 'frivolous' then Archway may end up having to pay legal costs of both sides but only relating to that particular appeal and certainly nothing in the way of anything relating to a loss of earnings for THFC.

Looking at the minutae of the letter that was released after the CPO decision and seeing specifics of some of the things brought forward by Archway's legal team, they are clearly not strangers to frivolous actions.

We were told the reason the governmentt took so long to come to a decision was because they had to make it as watertight as possible. On that basis you would imagine Archway have f***all hope of success, which in turn must strengthen Levy's hand in negotiations.

Problem is Levy is such a bitch when it comes to brinkmanship, he has ominous form for winning the battle but losing the war.

^ then it makes sense and supports the idea that the government somehow knew that Archway would throw everything and the kitchen sink into the fight, and sought to narrow down the options as far best they could. hopefully it comes down to just "due process" without any other complications.

Is it ridiculous to think that we could start building the stadium around the Archway site anyway? it seems that with the CPO its inevitable that we will get our way at some point. So could we not start construction on the other sections then just buldoze their bit when they have buggered off.

^ then it makes sense and supports the idea that the government somehow knew that Archway would throw everything and the kitchen sink into the fight, and sought to narrow down the options as far best they could. hopefully it comes down to just "due process" without any other complications.

Out of interest does anyone know what these are. Why the Govenment department took so long and after some mud slinging they pull the report out from there ar$es. Or are people just going to accept.. It took this long because reasoning by them.

Is it ridiculous to think that we could start building the stadium around the Archway site anyway? it seems that with the CPO its inevitable that we will get our way at some point. So could we not start construction on the other sections then just buldoze their bit when they have buggered off.

Archway only have 4 weeks left to try and find new evidence to justify an appeal. Then they get 3 months' notice to vacate.

The planning permission will take longer to acquire than this process will, so I expect we are now proceeding at full speed. The bulldozers won't arrive till the new year whatever happens.

I think people just need to ease up on Eric Pickles and his government associates on this.

Like many, I thought there was an awful lot of dingdonging around on this matter. As we're beginning to see, they've done due and appropriate diligence in working this project to a successful conclusion because it looks like it will be absolutely necessary given how Archway and their shadowy allies are battling against it.

My motto in business has always been: Do it once, do it right. I'm sure all government officials involved realize that if they have to go back to square one on this, it will be very expensive, consume much more time and create even greater frustration.

I think people just need to ease up on Eric Pickles and his government associates on this.

Like many, I thought there was an awful lot of dingdonging around on this matter. As we're beginning to see, they've done due and appropriate diligence in working this project to a successful conclusion because it looks like it will be absolutely necessary given how Archway and their shadowy allies are battling against it.

My motto in business has always been: Do it once, do it right. I'm sure all government officials involved realize that if they have to go back to square one on this, it will be very expensive, consume much more time and create even greater frustration.

But surely that's the way our Government usually do things!!!

Doesn't seem that Archway would count as a ransom strip as it is a legitimate business. If market value plus a third is for a ransom strip I'd expect more for a business, with relocation costs and compensation for lost business and inconvenience.

Oh for f sake, why is there always a ars****e every time someone wants to build something.

Surely they haven't taken down the comments from that article because the writer was being ripped a new one. :ross:

I think someone should write a reply to that article and try and get it published.

news@24publishing.co.uk

Or in the very least invoke our freedom of speech and ask why the comments were taken down lol

^^^^

Not sure why you can't see them. Comments are still there.

Back