• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

Bristol City are hoping to lead the way by becoming the first English club to install 'safe standing' rail seats at Ashton Gate.

The League One club is aiming to redevelop its historic home, starting this summer, and wants to include the rail seating in two stands, subject to the relevant legal hurdles being passed.

Initially, the safe standing areas will only be able to be used when Bristol Rugby are holding games at the stadium as current regulations prohibit their use for football matches - the Football League has agreed to lobby the Government for a change in rules.

Standing areas in stadiums in the top two football divisions in England were outlawed after the Taylor Report into the Hillsborough disaster in 1989.

The first block of rail seats was unveiled on Wednesday in front of dignitaries from the Football Association and Football League.

The club's chief executive Doug Harman said: "If we are given the relevant permissions, this could be a great opportunity for Bristol City FC to become the first club in the Football League to install rail seating, as well as becoming a showcase for other teams up and down the country.

"At last week's Football League meeting there was clear strong support from clubs for the League to approach the authorities for a relaxation and change in the regulations.

"We've received feedback from our supporters who are keen for the option of safe standing and with the proposed redevelopment of Ashton Gate and Bristol Rugby's move to the stadium this summer, this seems to be the right time to explore this further."

Malcolm Clarke, chairman of the Football Supporters' Federation, added: "What we were often told for many years is that none of the football authorities were in favour of it.

"But that is clearly no longer the case as the Football League, after a very thorough consultation, have shown that a large majority are in favour.

"We hope that the Premier League now, at the appropriate time, will consider this - there are a number of Premier League clubs who are openly in favour - and then we can take the debate forward again."

http://www.teamtalk.com/league-one/9162785/Bristol-City-leading-way-in-bringing-Safe-Standing-to-English-football

Bristol City are hoping to lead the way by becoming the first English club to install 'safe standing' rail seats at Ashton Gate.

The League One club is aiming to redevelop its historic home, starting this summer, and wants to include the rail seating in two stands, subject to the relevant legal hurdles being passed.

Initially, the safe standing areas will only be able to be used when Bristol Rugby are holding games at the stadium as current regulations prohibit their use for football matches - the Football League has agreed to lobby the Government for a change in rules.

Standing areas in stadiums in the top two football divisions in England were outlawed after the Taylor Report into the Hillsborough disaster in 1989.

The first block of rail seats was unveiled on Wednesday in front of dignitaries from the Football Association and Football League.

The club's chief executive Doug Harman said: "If we are given the relevant permissions, this could be a great opportunity for Bristol City FC to become the first club in the Football League to install rail seating, as well as becoming a showcase for other teams up and down the country.

"At last week's Football League meeting there was clear strong support from clubs for the League to approach the authorities for a relaxation and change in the regulations.

"We've received feedback from our supporters who are keen for the option of safe standing and with the proposed redevelopment of Ashton Gate and Bristol Rugby's move to the stadium this summer, this seems to be the right time to explore this further."

Malcolm Clarke, chairman of the Football Supporters' Federation, added: "What we were often told for many years is that none of the football authorities were in favour of it.

"But that is clearly no longer the case as the Football League, after a very thorough consultation, have shown that a large majority are in favour.

"We hope that the Premier League now, at the appropriate time, will consider this - there are a number of Premier League clubs who are openly in favour - and then we can take the debate forward again."

http://www.teamtalk.com/league-one/9162785/Bristol-City-leading-way-in-bringing-Safe-Standing-to-English-football

Watch the whingy Liverpool ****s put a stop to that.

I hope they succeed with this as it will pave the way for standing in our stadium. Mind I'll be too old to stand at that stage and will want a seat, and all those young whipper-snappers to shut their noise.

I hope they succeed with this as it will pave the way for standing in our stadium. Mind I'll be too old to stand at that stage and will want a seat, and all those young whipper-snappers to shut their noise.

Same here. In fact the time its taking to build I will probably be six feet under by then

Listened to some scouse-type propounding his views.

He made no sense, and simply re-enforced a significant minority view of Liverpool 'supporter' as 'Murderers - Opponents or fellows - we don't care.'

Listened to some scouse-type propounding his views.

He made no sense, and simply re-enforced a significant minority view of Liverpool 'supporter' as 'Murderers - Opponents or fellows - we don't care.'

I just don't listen to them any more.

If they can't even make what they're saying intelligible, the content is unlikely to be much better.

I just don't listen to them any more.

If they can't even make what they're saying intelligible, the content is unlikely to be much better.

Yep and listening to talksport pretty much means your a depart anyway, i know this is a message board and we are all posting stuff but i do not understand people who feel so strongly to call a radio and tell truckers and insomniacs their opinion.

Yep and listening to talksport pretty much means your a depart anyway, i know this is a message board and we are all posting stuff but i do not understand people who feel so strongly to call a radio and tell truckers and insomniacs their opinion.

you're

;)

JGL

No-one mentioned Radio - this guy was on BBC Breakfast. I can see the pictures, but listening to what someone is saying is how you get their opinions.

W

I like to contemplate your thoughts when I am one of my long distance deliveries, or just struggling to sleep at night.

I was just looking up Mr Chris Waddle playing for Spurs and saw this video

Look at the North and South stands, deary me and seems so recent to me... getting old I guess!

[video=youtube;G9dFFB0Q4AU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9dFFB0Q4AU[/video]

Look at the North and South stands, deary me and seems so recent to me... getting old I guess!

That game takes me back. That was the season i started going regularly. I was 15 i think and we won that game 3-2 after trailing 1-2 going into injury time. Taught me never to leave a game early. I saw all the goals but so many people missed them.

Those stands were pretty atrocious but atleast they were standing. The atmosphere was way better than anything you can get now. And doing the YIDIO after a goal was awesome too. That stand was there also when we scored 4 in 5 mins versus southampton. Never been so tired in my life from celebrating goals. The surge and recover was amazing.

First and Foremost my apologies to Jim, it was a poor post and inexcusable.

The Club have officially told the Haringey Independent that they are yet to decide the construction date. The article also states that Eric Pickles decision will be made this month.

http://www.haringeyindependent.co.uk..._construction/

Tottenham Hotspur said there is still no planned date for construction of its new 56,000-seater stadium to begin.

The club made the statement after rumours spread on Twitter that work would commence in November this year.

However, Spurs told the Haringey Independent that it is still awaiting the outcome of the Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO), which will be decided by the secretary of state for communities and local government, Eric Pickles, later this month.

A club spokesman said: “This is a major regeneration project so it will take time.”

Last edited:

JGL

No-one mentioned Radio - this guy was on BBC Breakfast. I can see the pictures, but listening to what someone is saying is how you get their opinions.

W

I have made a pledge to myself to stay away from politics on this board but anyone who watches or appears on the BBC is even lower then talk sport, i have no idea why the BBC is a trusted brand. Never should have been because of its political bias but the last few years should have made it clear to everyone that the BBC is just corrupt and not worth bothering with.

I like to contemplate your thoughts when I am one of my long distance deliveries, or just struggling to sleep at night.

PM me your number but i will also want naked photos of you and your loved ones(all over 18 im not a kiddy fiddler) for me to waste my precious time on any losers.

Wow...nice find Bullet...i started going regularly in 87 (age 14/15) was a bit spoilt as Pleaty had us playing fantastically and we really pushed on all fronts (clive allen's 47 season), eventually f*cking up (most notably losing to Coventry in the cup final). I would literally go to home games knowing we were going to win.

As for this game, i was wondering whether it was the game where the two youngsters turned it for us at the end, BUT i will always remember it most for us and boro running back and forth at each other along the park lane, the late turn around seriously f*cked them off. Ah happy days. Life was an adventure back then

A few more photos from the archives...

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, White Hart Lane Ground, Tottenham, 1923 | Britain from Above
EPW009246.jpg

Twitter / AntiqueFootball: White Hart Lane in 1938.
Bgb2o2rCEAA_c9d.jpg

Twitter / HistoricalPics: White Hart Lane, Tottenham, London, in 1938.
BfO5pIdIcAAuutM.jpg

Twitter / AddictedtoSpurs: A boxing match at White Hart Lane in 1945.
BGjihQ2CQAA_rS7.jpg

Tottenham goalkeeper Pat Jennings stops George Best in his tracks, 1966 | Who Ate all the Pies
PA-1281920.jpg

Twitter / TheFarm_Peter: Classic photo Spurs v Liverpool March 1980 Ossie Ardiles shoots against Liverpool at White Hart Lane in FA Cup!
BFAGbO7CEAA89kY.jpg

Back