• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

Bizarrely just turned on BBC1, and Eric Pickles is on the Andrew Marr show right now

Any pictures of the mud-patch that was the FA Cup Semi Final 1970 - Chelsea vs Watford ?

Some photos of White Hart Lane from the archives...

Twitter / AntiqueFootball: A white, White Hart Lane, 1969 [via PA] pic.twitter.com/rkykBCOmEN
Bcp-Yx6IgAAYllw.jpg

Twitter / AntiqueFootball: Tottenham's White Hart Lane in 1949, with England taking on Italy in a friendly international pic.twitter.com/7x8ZIIpXGb
Bb9pQPfIIAM95ZY.jpg

Twitter / AntiqueFootball: White Hart Lane in 1932. pic.twitter.com/QtTSHNX0gO
Bf-N-DuCYAAp4kr.jpg

Intriguing photos. Remember watching Spurs lose 0-3 to Burnley on a carpet of snow in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, January 1963. Might even have been amongst those captured at 2.13 towards the end of this clip!

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/burnley-beat-spurs

All goes to show what a magnificent structure Leith's East Stand was. Cavernous empty in the first picture, full it takes on an entirely different complexion with 25 500 fans seeming about to pour onto the pitch and take part in the game. I have not seen a picture as good as the last one of WHL pre the Leith East Stand.

This is what I would like to see from the new structure, steep stands with supporters on top of the game, breathing down the necks of the players, reflecting the empathy Archibald Leith had with the football supporter.

This has just gone up on Twitter. No idea who the guy is but he seems to be backing what he says.

Rob MDK Hayward ‏@robMDK 2h

Construction start date for the #thfc stadium will commence 6th Nov 2014 once initial contractor demolition finished.

McLaren with FCC (the favoured) along with Laing, BAM and McAlpine have all returned tenders. #thfc

This has just gone up on Twitter. No idea who the guy is but he seems to be backing what he says.

Construction start date for the #thfc stadium will commence 6th Nov 2014 once initial contractor demolition finished.

McLaren with FCC (the favoured) along with Laing, BAM and McAlpine have all returned tenders. #thfc

Been a bit unreliable in the past, like posting that pic about Jan last year saying how much the construction would cost etc.

He's also tw@tted that there is no major design alterations BUT there has been alterations to the pitch to accommodate NFL which will be announced soon and 'guessing' that there will be a retractable roof to protect the pitch :~

@nad_THFC a big announcement will follow the stadium construction. More likely the NFL franchise (hence pitch alterations)

Rob MDK Hayward ‏@robMDK

@HamidTHFC no notes on the plans mate but guessing it would be retractable to protect the playing surface

Don't get this one

Rob MDK Hayward ‏@robMDK 1h

Tenders for the expansion of the overground station are due in too. Construction on them scheduled for a September start

What overground expansion?

Last edited:

Intriguing photos. Remember watching Spurs lose 0-3 to Burnley on a carpet of snow in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, January 1963. Might even have been amongst those captured at 2.13 towards the end of this clip!

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/burnley-beat-spurs

I remember that game, I went to help clear the pitch for it. On the newsreel it didn't show the punch up with Bobby Smith and Talbot, proper fight no falling over.

All goes to show what a magnificent structure Leith's East Stand was. Cavernous empty in the first picture, full it takes on an entirely different complexion with 25 500 fans seeming about to pour onto the pitch and take part in the game. I have not seen a picture as good as the last one of WHL pre the Leith East Stand.

This is what I would like to see from the new structure, steep stands with supporters on top of the game, breathing down the necks of the players, reflecting the empathy Archibald Leith had with the football supporter.

Excuse the pedantry but.................Leitch!

Been a bit unreliable in the past, like posting that pic about Jan last year saying how much the construction would cost etc.

He's also tw@tted that there is no major design alterations BUT there has been alterations to the pitch to accommodate NFL which will be announced soon and 'guessing' that there will be a retractable roof to protect the pitch :~

Don't get this one

What overground expansion?

Don't know about expansion as such but WHL station is to be moved a short distance further south and combined with a walkway providing direct access to the stadium a-la Wembley Way.

wasn't there talk of a Tottenham Hale refurbishment given the go ahead recently? could mean that

I remember that game, I went to help clear the pitch for it. On the newsreel it didn't show the punch up with Bobby Smith and Talbot, proper fight no falling over.
Kudos, mate. Was amazed it went ahead at the time, pity it did really the way Burnley adapted so much better to the conditions.

Considering it was over fifty years ago it's scary to ponder how many of the 32,000 at that game are still around.

Kudos, mate. Was amazed it went ahead at the time, pity it did really the way Burnley adapted so much better to the conditions.

Considering it was over fifty years ago it's scary to ponder how many of the 32,000 at that game are still around.

It was a good attendance as it was played on a Wednesday afternoon and trains and buses were effected by bad weather

I'll take that tweet with a pinch of salt. Now if it was on the OS I might get a touch excited

I'll take that tweet with a pinch of salt. Now if it was on the OS I might get a touch excited

I'll take anything right now. Even if it is from some fraudulent twunt with no friends making out he works for an architectural magazine who rubs shoulders with the countries finest.

Back