• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

I'm not sure why the beef would be with Spurs as opposed to the council. Most of the businesses effected are on the opposite side of the main road to the new stadium, so any fiddling about with them is down to the council's greater plan, not Spurs imminent need for space to build on.

I'm not sure why the beef would be with Spurs as opposed to the council. Most of the businesses effected are on the opposite side of the main road to the new stadium, so any fiddling about with them is down to the council's greater plan, not Spurs imminent need for space to build on.

Agreed. The valid question might be about all those properties Spurs have bought in the masterplan area. These have nothing to do with the stadium plans and seem speculation based on knowledge of negotiations with the council. Very dodgy from a free marker perspective, but unfortunately business as usual in the crony-capitalist system we operate, the ability to transfer capital gains offshore being part of it.

The business owners interviewed have valid concerns but at this stage they don't know for certain if they will have to relocate or what the compensation will be. Lack of consultation by the council might be the main issue at the moment.

I'll add that a few months ago David Conn did a similarly negative piece on Liverpool and their purchase of properties around Anfield. While he might have a Mother Teresa approach to development, he is probably the top journalist on football finances.

lets just drop the local plans. and use the money to drive merchandising and events and PR activities outside of England.
set up companies in Singapore and Hong Kong where there is no corporate tax for startups/regional HQs.
maybe the council will be happier if we didn't make a profit in England.

I don't understand how having a mega supermarket next to a mega football stadium can work. Imagine the chaos match day!

Seems to work out ok at Palace. Given that we have qualified for European games recently most of our games will be late Sunday afternoon when supermarkets are closed.

Seems to work out ok at Palace. Given that we have qualified for European games recently most of our games will be late Sunday afternoon when supermarkets are closed.

Also the majority of days in a year are not match days.

If you choose to go shopping at the same time of week, that there is a match on, then you are a fool, and have no right to complain, for you being a simpleton.

If you choose to go shopping at the same time of week, that there is a match on, then you are a fool, and have no right to complain, for you being a simpleton.

You would like to think there will be a notice board of some sort near the Supermarket displaying when the next home match will be, then as you say, the people who shop there on a matchday can have no complaints

You would like to think there will be a notice board of some sort near the Supermarket displaying when the next home match will be, then as you say, the people who shop there on a matchday can have no complaints

Sometimes I'll go to drive past the Madejski Stadium on my way through Reading and.... BOOOOM a billion cars and traffic jams as I had no idea Reading were playing at that time

Sometimes I'll go to drive past the Madejski Stadium on my way through Reading and.... BOOOOM a billion cars and traffic jams as I had no idea Reading were playing at that time
I dunno, if the parking they provide is any good then I can see the other half doing the food shopping whilst I am in the stadium. Saving a tenner+ just for that each game.

Didn't see it mentioned but the sainsburys opened today. Article on sky sports website.

Didn't see it mentioned but the sainsburys opened today. Article on sky sports website.

29kqbk6.jpg

I live near a championship football ground that is near a big supermarket. It's not that much of an issue, unless Millwall or Leeds are in town and their pikies decide to charge the place to raid the DIY aisle for weapons (this genuinely happens).

It's quite stereotypical, but often couples/families will travel together - the men go to the game whilst the women do their food shop (and can legitimately park in the supermarket's car park).

Similarly I've never noticed particular problems at Palace or Portsmouth matches before.

I live near a championship football ground that is near a big supermarket. It's not that much of an issue, unless Millwall or Leeds are in town and their pikies decide to charge the place to raid the DIY aisle for weapons (this genuinely happens).

It's quite stereotypical, but often couples/families will travel together - the men go to the game whilst the women do their food shop (and can legitimately park in the supermarket's car park).

Similarly I've never noticed particular problems at Palace or Portsmouth matches before.

how the **** do you spend 2 hours in a supermarket?

Back