• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

Chelsea sell out pretty much every PL game. Have done for years. If they increased their capacity to 60K, I'm pretty sure that they would sell that out for most games too.

It's understandable that some of us don't want to believe that other clubs could regularly attract big crowds. And I'd be surprised if City and Chelsea fans haven't had similar conversations on their message boards about us not being able to fill our new stadium.

It's all speculation anyway. As I said, we'll have to wait until these stadiums are built / redeveloped before knowing for certain.

Chelsea sell out pretty much every PL game. Have done for years. If they increased their capacity to 60K, I'm pretty sure that they would sell that out for most games too.

It's understandable that some of us don't want to believe that other clubs could regularly attract big crowds. And I'd be surprised if City and Chelsea fans haven't had similar conversations on their message boards about us not being able to fill our new stadium.

It's all speculation anyway. As I said, we'll have to wait until these stadiums are built / redeveloped before knowing for certain.

Do you ever get the tube or listen to local radio? If so, it must be pretty hard to miss the ads selling tickets.

Do you ever get the tube or listen to local radio? If so, it must be pretty hard to miss the ads selling tickets.

Yes, they advertise some tickets.

They still sell them. The stadium is still full for every PL game.

Northumberland Development Project

Yes, they advertise some tickets.

They still sell them. The stadium is still full for every PL game.

In that case, in as much as I understand selling stuff ( I think I do reasonably well) if you have to bring in alternative selling methods due to lack of demand, massively increasing supply is not the solution.

As an addition to that, I'd suggest their price is too high for the perceived value of their product.

In that case, in as much as I understand selling stuff ( I think I do reasonably well) if you have to bring in alternative selling methods due to lack of demand, massively increasing supply is not the solution.

As an addition to that, I'd suggest their price is too high for the perceived value of their product.

Spurs sometimes advertise tickets for sale too. We're also planning to build a 60K ish stadium.

Pricing will obviously be a factor in ensuring that any extra capacity is fully utilised. That applies as much to Spurs as it does to Chelsea and City.

Spurs sometimes advertise tickets for sale too. We're also planning to build a 60K ish stadium.

Pricing will obviously be a factor in ensuring that any extra capacity is fully utilised. That applies as much to Spurs as it does to Chelsea and City.

We don't often resort to open invitations like local radio. We do tend to email that there are some tickets left to those on our email database of existing interested customers, but that's quite different.

All teams obviously have trouble selling out some matches, but some teams do more than others. I'd put Spurs towards the very bottom of the list of teams that struggle to sell out - Chelsea and City would be very close to the top.

http://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england

%Full
*Swansea City* 99.90%
*West Ham Utd* 99.80%
*Arsenal* 99.50%
*Chelsea* 99.20%
*Tottenham* 99.20%
*Norwich City* 99.20%
*Manchester Utd* 99.10%
*Cardiff City* 98.70%
*Emirates Marketing Project* 98.60%
*Liverpool* 98.50%
*Fulham* 96.20%
*West Bromwich* 94.00%
*Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd* 93.90%
*Hull City* 92.20%
*Stoke City* 91.90%
*Southampton* 90.00%
*Aston Villa* 88.60%
*Everton* 87.10%
*Crystal Palace* 86.70%
*Sunderland* 86.60%

http://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england

%Full
*Swansea City* 99.90%
*West Ham Utd* 99.80%
*Arsenal* 99.50%
*Chelsea* 99.20%
*Tottenham* 99.20%
*Norwich City* 99.20%
*Manchester Utd* 99.10%
*Cardiff City* 98.70%
*Emirates Marketing Project* 98.60%
*Liverpool* 98.50%
*Fulham* 96.20%
*West Bromwich* 94.00%
*Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd* 93.90%
*Hull City* 92.20%
*Stoke City* 91.90%
*Southampton* 90.00%
*Aston Villa* 88.60%
*Everton* 87.10%
*Crystal Palace* 86.70%
*Sunderland* 86.60%

Those aren't real figures though. I know for a fact that Arsenal, Chelsea and City report tickets sold whether people turn up or not. I've got a feeling Utd do as well.

We don't do that and neither do Palace or Everton. Not sure about the others.

Can't believe that West Ham figure, they are always advertising in the Evening Standard with their kid for £1 or £5, even the Emirates Marketing Project game.

We don't often resort to open invitations like local radio. We do tend to email that there are some tickets left to those on our email database of existing interested customers, but that's quite different.

All teams obviously have trouble selling out some matches, but some teams do more than others. I'd put Spurs towards the very bottom of the list of teams that struggle to sell out - Chelsea and City would be very close to the top.

That's simply not true. Plenty of PL clubs rarely sell out.

As to Spurs not having to advertise so often, that might have something to do with the fact that our stadium is considerably smaller than either Stamford Bridge or the Etihad. If we had a capacity of 42K or 48K, you might find that Spurs would have to advertise tickets for sale rather more often.

Those aren't real figures though. I know for a fact that Arsenal, Chelsea and City report tickets sold whether people turn up or not. I've got a feeling Utd do as well.

We don't do that and neither do Palace or Everton. Not sure about the others.

That doesn't matter, though. Nothing those clubs can do to force fans to turn up. It's out of their hands once the ticket has been sold.

That doesn't matter, though. Nothing those clubs can do to force fans to turn up. It's out of their hands once the ticket has been sold.

It matters a lot when it comes to expansion.

Touts will buy those extra tickets if they believe the match will be in demand - as they only just manage to sell out, the evidence suggests Chelsea and City are at the limits of that demand. Those sales will disappear if they get a larger stadium as the tickets won't be in demand and it would be pointless for the touts to buy them.

It matters a lot when it comes to expansion.

Touts will buy those extra tickets if they believe the match will be in demand - as they only just manage to sell out, the evidence suggests Chelsea and City are at the limits of that demand. Those sales will disappear if they get a larger stadium as the tickets won't be in demand and it would be pointless for the touts to buy them.

I doubt it. Neither club would be looking to expand to 60K if they thought that there was no chance that they would get anywhere near filling the extra capacity for any but a handful of games. Last thing they'll want is thousands upon thousands of empty seats. It doesn't really need pointing out that those clubs will have a far better idea of the potential demand for tickets than we do.

Besides, you're making the assumption that only touts would be interested in these extra tickets. Why not normal fans? City's extra tickets have already been provisionally priced at £299-599 for the season - which would make most of them comfortably the cheapest tickets that they sell. I'm sure that that will enable a whole new band of supporters to afford season tickets.

I doubt it. Neither club would be looking to expand to 60K if they thought that there was no chance that they would get anywhere near filling the extra capacity for any but a handful of games. Last thing they'll want is thousands upon thousands of empty seats. It doesn't really need pointing out that those clubs will have a far better idea of the potential demand for tickets than we do.

I think when you take into account the owners of the clubs and that football club ownership for them is essentially one big ****ing contest then it becomes very likely. I'm sure if they keep throwing money at their teams and they keep winning things then eventually they might have some kind of fan base to speak of, but that'll be a generation away.

Besides, you're making the assumption that only touts would be interested in these extra tickets. Why not normal fans? City's extra tickets have already been provisionally priced at £299-599 for the season - which would make most of them comfortably the cheapest tickets that they sell. I'm sure that that will enable a whole new band of supporters to afford season tickets.

At those prices they may well increase numbers, but If they're to have a hope of complying with FFP rules they will need to charge real ticket prices.

The mistake both owners constantly make is the assumption that success and fan base have a linear relationship. Firstly that ignores the fact that most fans choose a team young and don't change. That means a whole generation of success before you have an army of wallet waving fans ready to buy your tickets/merchandise.

The second thing they seem to have ignored is the unmeasurable stuff that increases a fan base. We have a very similar history to Villa yet we have a far larger worldwide fan base than they do - Everton too. You can't just make those extra fans happen - they're around because decades ago we had a beautiful team, because we have a reputation for things that people (on the whole) like in a team. City may have had that a little once but Mankini's 'football' took a chunk out, but Chelsea never have had it and probably never will.

I think when you take into account the owners of the clubs and that football club ownership for them is essentially one big ****ing contest then it becomes very likely. I'm sure if they keep throwing money at their teams and they keep winning things then eventually they might have some kind of fan base to speak of, but that'll be a generation away.

Both clubs already have big fan bases and always have done - even if Chelsea's proved itself to be fair weather back in the dark days of the 80's - and both fan bases are growing at a rate.

And you don't win ****ing contests by having 10,000 or more empty seats on display for the majority of games. It makes a club look more small time than having a smaller but always full stadium. Both clubs will be confident of selling out the extra capacity for most games and that is why both clubs are keen to expand.

At those prices they may well increase numbers, but If they're to have a hope of complying with FFP rules they will need to charge real ticket prices.

"Real" ticket prices? What are those? I wasn't aware that there was a prescribed definition.

It's understandable but sadly symptomatic of modern football that you deem only expensive ticket prices to be "real" ticket prices. If a club can afford to make cheap tickets available, then that isn't something to be sneered at. It's something to be welcomed. Do Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich and the like not charge "real" ticket prices because their tickets are considerably cheaper even than City's new tickets will be? Are fans of Bundesliga clubs (who, incidentally, make far more noise than Premier League football fans these days) not "real" fans because they don't pay "real" ticket prices? Makes no sense at all.

Bundesliga clubs make up the shortfall through lucrative commercial deals. They are way ahead of the Premier League in that respect. But PL clubs have cottoned on to the opportunities and are in the process of increasing revenues from such sources. City among them, in the vanguard. The extra stadium capacity is therefore only one source of increased revenues that will help them to comply with FFPR.

The mistake both owners constantly make is the assumption that success and fan base have a linear relationship. Firstly that ignores the fact that most fans choose a team young and don't change. That means a whole generation of success before you have an army of wallet waving fans ready to buy your tickets/merchandise.

The second thing they seem to have ignored is the unmeasurable stuff that increases a fan base. We have a very similar history to Villa yet we have a far larger worldwide fan base than they do - Everton too. You can't just make those extra fans happen - they're around because decades ago we had a beautiful team, because we have a reputation for things that people (on the whole) like in a team. City may have had that a little once but Mankini's 'football' took a chunk out, but Chelsea never have had it and probably never will.

It's simply not true to say that we or Everton have a bigger global fan base than Chelsea and City. Check out their Twitter followers and Facebook likes by comparison to ours (as good a measure as any).

Last edited:

Saw an advert for half season... season ticket for the Hammers.. Under 10s £65 :lol:

graphic-plans.jpg

This is what IMO we will do as well should we have problems.

GHod damn a rival club letting people in for reasonable prices. Sell out crowds or not, some people will rip them for being too much, or it seems, for being too little.

Saw an article which said that Tottenham would start building our new stadium in 2014. Was gonna share, but story came from goal.com....

Saw an article which said that Tottenham would start building our new stadium in 2014. Was gonna share, but story came from goal.com....

It had no quotes, and was from Greg Stobart. Didn't even mention who the naming rights sponsor was going to be, just said there was Middle Eastern interest. a rehash of an old rumor, basically.

Still clinging to a redesign accommodating more people and the possibility of converting to partial standing in the future, myself. Making the single-tier Kop end a standing area (which, by extension, would mean lower ticket prices there) would encourage an awe-inspiring atmosphere from that section.

Back