• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

safe standing is certainly possible, as it stands though i'm not sure PL clubs have enough encouragement to bring it back, its an infrastructure change for no financial gain i'd expect

new build grounds are obviously different, no point in united ripping up seats to put standing in when they won't get an increase in gate receipts

safe standing, in Germany, allows for twice as many supporters to stand in the same space as if they were seated.

personally id pay the same amount for a standing ticket as i would a seated ticket so im sure there's money to be made

capacities are decided as much by entrance/exit paths and amenities as by actual space, its not about how many people you can cram in, its about how many people you can get out of a zone in a set amount of time in an emergency, in older stadiums these are probably maxed out already

we don't know one way or the other if that's the case so it''s a moot point really (in that grounds can't handle more than they currently do)

true, I was making the point that just because it can technically be done it doesn't mean thats all there is to it

Sure fire way to get standing in stadiums is if all fans in the Premier League stayed quite. Totally stopped singing, stopped cheering unless there was a goal. They could try for one fixture weekend first.

Sure fire way to get standing in stadiums is if all fans in the Premier League stayed quite. Totally stopped singing, stopped cheering unless there was a goal. They could try for one fixture weekend first.
The only fans that need to STFU for safe standing to happen are the Liverpool ones. If they'd stop running off at the mouth then we'd already be happily standing safely at matches. *

*I realise that getting a scouser to shut up is significantly less easy than trying to lasso the moon - especially when it's about an event where they consider themselves to be victims.

The best way to get safe standing is to declare it a premium option. Then clubs can charge more for tickets and increase capacity. No owner would reject this possibility.

The problem is that the return of standing is tied to cheaper tickets. This is understandable from the fan perspective, but hardly an argument for the club owners. A doubling of capacity at two-thirds price could increase revenues, but I suspect fans would want half price (and revenue neutral).

An additional factor is the relative impact on clubs with new bigger stadia and those without. Clubs that have invested in expanded stadia, won't want others to have the means of expanding by just changing the seating/standing arrangement, assuming they can find acceptable pricing to increase revenue..

Reduction of prices won't happen IMO mainly because of the perceived impact further down the chain. If all the Premier League clubs announced a £400 season ticket for example due to increase in TV rights money. For PremierLeague teams the financial impact would be minimal, however what then happens to Brentford they have to drop season tickets in half to keep the price difference, same to Leyton Orient all the way down the pyramid.

Germany has 56 professional teams across 3 divisions. We have 92 Professional teams across 4 divisions ignoring those lower down the pyramid that may be pro (which im sure is more likely in UK)

It may not be right, but a lot of those clubs are struggling to survive financially, im not sure they would welcome all the big clubs halving the ticket price and im sure the FA would lean on the PremierLeague on the impact of such a strategy.

Prices do need lowering but we are stuck in a catch 22 situation.

lower league ticket pricing is crazy compared to the PL

PL ticket pricing is in line with premium theatre and dining experiences as well as other top tier sport, from a business point of view PL tickets should be going up, not down

Leyton Orient are in league one and still charge 25 quid to get in, which to my mind, is crazy when you can go a few stops, pay a tenner more and get a much better product at West Ham or spurs

PL ticket pricing is in line with premium theatre and dining experiences as well as other top tier sport, from a business point of view PL tickets should be going up, not down

Leyton Orient are in league one and still charge 25 quid to get in, which to my mind, is crazy when you can go a few stops, pay a tenner more and get a much better product at West Ham or spurs

Go wash your mouth out lol

Good summing up, I said more or less the same a while back. Fans always bitch about ticket prices ( been a supporter for over 50 years and its always been the case), but some of those those who bitch the loudest would think nothing about spending silly money on the latest toy ( phone, etc) or tinkling up a ton on a W/E on the pop.

Supply and demand and as long as the demand is there it always will be, no one forces fans to buy tickets and as the old saying goes you pays you money and takes your choice.

Completely agree, which is why i cant see prices going down even ignoring the fact a phone is the same price as a season ticket.
If we dropped our prices to £20 a ticket and had a 80k stadium with standing how long would Leyton Orient exist in their current format?

Completely agree, which is why i cant see prices going down even ignoring the fact a phone is the same price as a season ticket.
If we dropped our prices to £20 a ticket and had a 80k stadium with standing how long would Leyton Orient exist in their current format?
Begs the question how do lower league German teams survive though - does it not?

For example, VfB Stuttgart in Bundesliga 1 average 47,000 in a 60,000 stadium, whereas Stuttgarter Kickers are in Bundesliga 3 and average around 3,000 in an 11,000 capacity stadium in the same city.

Begs the question how do lower league German teams survive though - does it not?

For example, VfB Stuttgart in Bundesliga 1 average 47,000 in a 60,000 stadium, whereas Stuttgarter Kickers are in Bundesliga 3 and average around 3,000 in an 11,000 capacity stadium in the same city.

their tickets are reasonably priced, about a fiver if my german is up to it and i've got the exchange rate right, i expect they also budget on fans that are gonna turn up irrespective of what VfB are up to

we have an issue in this country where teams actually base their expected earnings of fans of bigger local clubs slumming it at their ground

their tickets are reasonably priced, about a fiver if my german is up to it and i've got the exchange rate right, i expect they also budget on fans that are gonna turn up irrespective of what VfB are up to

we have an issue in this country where teams actually base their expected earnings of fans of bigger local clubs slumming it at their ground
Just a fiver to get in? Wow, even more surprising they manage to survive. Cannot see that happening in this country - ever.

With a 61k stadium you have to imagine that there will be scope for plenty of lower priced tickets. Maybe not in the prime locations but when the supply is plentiful, as it will be, I can see Spurs introducing loads of promos to get bums on seats.

And to a degree stadium revenue is less important when compared to the huge TV money on offer, which is another reason to allow a little leeway on pricing. If the product on view is good, and this includes the stadium atmosphere, then the TV and overseas support will grow and increase our revenue s.treams on those fronts. If we get this right we could be the place to go see a PL match in much the same way Dortmund draws lots of neutrals.

Back